Modding Discussion Modding Guides and General Modding Discussion--REDUX

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BinaryDelusions

BinaryDelusions Void-Bound Voyager

I wanted to try and redo the cooking recipes on SDV. Once I finished inputting all of the numbers in I tested it out in the game, and when I try to go into the cooking menu in the kitchen, the game crashes. I know its something in my modified file that I messed up in, and I did find some mistakes in it, but it still crashing and I can't figure out what else I did wrong.

It wouldn't let me just upload the yaml file on here but here's a dropbox link.

• joyous.ariella

joyous.ariella Space Penguin Leader

Hey guys, I want to make a music mod. I figured out how to do it, but I don't know which music files are which.
      ie When Wave Bank is extracted I get 00000.wav etc, anyone have a track listing for what plays when?

Thankies!

• Pukitaki

Pukitaki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, so I've been going through yaml files for hours trying to figure out how to do this and I'm stumped so I figure I should ask others. I'm wanting to make a mod to change the requirements to unlock hats at the hat shop. Namely, I want to make it so they ALL unlock upon the first achievement met, rather than being unlocked one at a time per achievement. I'd also like to make it so the six hats not usually at the store and not related to achievements (like the straw hat, fedora, etc.) are also unlocked with the rest and made available at the mouse store.

I'm thinking it might work best if I can just remove all requirements entirely and have the first achievement open the store with a full inventory. If anyone knows where I should be looking I'd love any input.

• rodrigovaz

rodrigovaz Lucky Number 13

Best way to do that is intercept the shop's menu opening and substitute it with your own or if possible add the other hats to the shop's inventory(idk when the game build the shop's inventory but if builds the moment you enter the shop, you can do it, if it builds in the moment you start talking to the NPC then you will need to substitute the real menu with your own. Or maybe even try to use reflection but idk if the game can even handle the shop's inventory changing on the go)

• Pukitaki

Do you think it might be possible (based on what you said I'd guess it'd be easier if it IS possible) to just add all 36 hats to Pierre's shop inventory rather than the mouse's, since the mouse doesn't exactly have its own "store"? (It's outside, like the traveling merchant, so you just talk to the NPC rather than entering a specific location. Just in case you didn't know.)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Editing the shop on the fly is quite doable and issue-free.
              Possible, but it is easier to just hook or completely replace the mouse menu.

• littleraskol

littleraskol Subatomic Cosmonaut

General question about configuring mods to be compatible with controllers: uh, how do I do it? I have a mod that detects key-pressed events. Looking things up in the XNA Framework class library, it seems like if I want my mod to be compatible with controllers, I need everything that I check "KeyboardState" with to also have a version detecting "GamePadState" which seems cumbersome. Is this really the case?

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I use Joytokey for my custom key commands- just map keyboard keys to buttons. RB on my 360 controller is run and cheat menus are mapped to the directional pad. It's very self-explanatory to map with joytokey, just press a controller button, it highlights, double-click that and choose a keyboard function or mouse button. Make sure to right-click your new profile and save though!

littleraskol likes this.
                  • littleraskol

Didn't even know about that! I don't use a gamepad but users of my mod have been asking about compatibility for it. Long-term I might want to add support that does not require an external tool, but for right now I can tell people who ask to use it.

Thanks!

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Indeed, I used to use a gamepad when I was actually playing the game but too much has come up since that I absolutely NEED the keyboard for modding. I will definitely go back to gamepad once I can relax on a new configuration! There is also a handy tool that emulates controllers to be seen as a real 360 controller called xc360. Comes in handy for regular Xbox controllers and such since they lack support for the right analog stick and stuff.

• Pukitaki

Where would I find the mouse menu?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It is triggered by a tile action on the map, just replace the tile action, or detect the shop being opened, and then override it with a shop of your own having the contents you want.

• littleraskol

I'm looking at the SMAPI event options for inventory events but can't figure out how to use it to accomplish something that it seems like a number of mods have. Basically, there are events for items being added, removed, or having quantities change, but I don't see how you'd detect when the player uses an item. None of the other available events seem to cover this. I think it might be possible to work around this by checking to see if the effects of a removed item occur (i.e., if the player eats a food item, when it is removed you can check to see if stamina goes up), but I wonder if there's a more direct way that I'm missing. (It's possibly really obvious...)

• Pukitaki

Actually I meant where in the files can I find the xmls to edit, but that's still great information :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

not part of the xnb files.

• sallychan

sallychan Space Penguin Leader

I apologize if this has been addressed already (I saw something about it, but that was May 2016), but are post-marriage dialogues still unable to be added to? Like you can only edit the strings that are already there, but cannot add new ones to it? I've been trying for hours to unpack and repack some new dialogue for my spouse, but it's acting very oddly.

It will change the key from "patio_Sam_2" back to "patio_Sam", but keeps the new dialogue from "patio_Sam_2"... but then also deletes everything after that string.

If it can't be edited like that and only changed I guess that would explain the strange disappearances.. but that's a bummer :oops:

• Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

Figured I'd ask here if anyone knew if it existed -

Is there a mod out there that adds text to an item's tooltip about if it's still needed for a Community Center Bundle? (I know there's Jiggling Junimo Bundles, but that alters the bundles, not the item's tooltip)

• Nalant

Nalant Space Hobo

Hey guys. I have a question in 1.12 beta version. Does anyone know how to extract Conent/Fonts/Chinese.xnb, and pack Chinese.fnt to .xnb. I want to edit dialogue in Chinese version.But I found a problem. some commonly used characters not include the Chinese font table.

I read the Font Editing Guide: Editing the dialogue font,but Chinese, Japanese and Russian dialogue font table not located in LooseSprites folder.

Later, I found they located in Content/Font. So I tried using XNB Node to extract Chinese.xnb,but not generated any file. I guess it probably made up of .fnt and some .png files. But I have no idea how to do that.

Sorry for my poor English and programing knowledge.:catsad:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
                                      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If xnb_node cannot unpack it, it means it is a new filetype xnb_node is not able to handle, you will have to wait for a xnb_node update, if one ever happens.

• Nalant

Nalant Space Hobo

Thank you for your prompt reply. I'll wait for the update.:catsparkle:

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.