RELEASED More Crops Mod + Even More Crops Mod( Updated 20 / 04 )

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Killerbotto, Mar 28, 2016.

?

What would you like to see next?

1. More Crops

39.4%
  2. More Trees

22.8%
  3. More Fish

20.1%
  4. More Flowers

17.6%
  1. TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am currently updating this mod. You WILL need Ento's shop expander mod to use it and use the config file I will be supplying for it.
    I am also ONLY updating the "even more crops" version.
    "more crops", "more crops all seasons" and "even more crops all seasons" can go screw themselves, this was annoying enough as-is.
    The all-season edits would be easy actually but I see those as outright cheating, so please do it yourself.
    I made some other edits as well. Generally, none of the crops will be available in year 1. A bunch unlock in year 2, others unlock after marry, others have other unlock requirements like being a club member or having the rusty key or having the 2nd house upgrade.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
      Coolwyngs and Aveloren like this.
    • PaqpuK

PaqpuK Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you a lot for doing the update, I really like this mod and objectively the "even more crops" version is the best version, cuz if you don't like ore trees and money plants - don't plant them!

Aveloren likes this.
      • TenkoKuugen

Ran into an issue with the shop mod. I am done updating the mod, but I have no way of adding the seeds until I know what went wrong with the shop mod.

• PaqpuK

PaqpuK Void-Bound Voyager

You mean the SMAPI part? Weird, it works for me (SV 1.1 SMAPI 1.4), Pierre sells trees and crops in appropriate seasons. What about Ento's shop expander?

• TenkoKuugen

The SMAPI part probably shouldn't be used anymore since the IDs of items changed (and there were NUMEROUS other bugs in the mod, like seed prices were idiotically low and idiotically high for some things, completely unbalanced. Some grow times of crops also didn't match up with what the text said.) I adjusted prices to be more in line with vanilla stuff. I also made some stuff unlock with other conditions to create an increased discovery factor with the mod.

I used Ento's shop expander to add the seeds but ran into an issue where the shop menu would crash for some reason. Ento is currently trying to figure out what went wrong there.

• Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

A god among men for your work, that is for sure.

I agree with your statement that all-season mode is definitely more of a cheat, but will you be including the beef crop and bacon tree despite them being in the even more crops mod? It was nice to see some good food in the game and quite novel how you grew beef on the vine and bacon on trees.

Also, putting in the extra work for unlocks is an amazing idea (although I don't agree with the marriage unlock)! Have you also considered or is it possible to unlock certain seeds by friendship levels, quests (mail, museum), fished up, dug up on the mines/artifact spots or monster dropped?

I am very much looking forward to this and thanks for your hard work!

• TenkoKuugen

The "even more crops" is the only one I updated and that one has bacon tree and beef crop. Although none of the trees have unique graphics. They all just use one of the standard tree graphics. That's not my fault, though, the mod originally does it like that.

All the unlock conditions you described are not support by Ento's shop mod, so a flat "no go" there.

There aren't too many unlocked by marriage and they still require second year or further anyway. I originally wanted to make the vinegar, oil, sugar, rice crops unique to marrying Abigail as a special service from Pierre but decided against it.

Coolwyngs, Aveloren and eemie like this.
                • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Thank you for updateing this

• BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

Your using Entoarox's shop expander? Why not just use the Generic Shop Extender mod found on the nexus to add your seeds?
                    http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/814/?

All you would literally need then is the Seeds ID codes, and you can use them to add them to any NPC's normal store.

Just an idea Im throwing out there.

• TenkoKuugen

I don't regularly keep up with the nexus mods and this was uploaded january 8 2017, so I didn't know about it.
                      I'd rather have Ento fix whatever is breaking his mod because then I won't have to manually port over my format and on top of that add a price to everything.
                      Also, the generic extender does not support conditional unlocks of any kind. It seems to lock sale prices at flat config values which is going to be a problem if people use mods like longevity which modify values.

• BrandonPotter0

I see. Well then I hope those mods dont conflict with eachother then >-<

• TenkoKuugen

It just means that most likely the generic shop expander works like hard coded prices, so other mods cannot modify the prices, which I really dislike.
                          Also, the main point for me is still that there are no unlock conditions at all.

• TenkoKuugen

Mod release is on hold until SMAPI 1.6 unless Ento or Pathos find some crazy workaround to make the shop extender work with what I want to do.
                            Since this is a SMAPI issue, it's pretty likely the generic extender would also crash if I tried to add custom ID items to a shop like that.

MOD RELEASE ON HOLD UNTIL SMAPI 1.6 MOST LIKELY

Aveloren likes this.
                            • TheDeadOne

TheDeadOne Void-Bound Voyager

So I just discovered this mod and wanted to test it, but after reading some recent posts I think I'm somewhat lost. Could someone clarify me if this mod is updated or not? What do I need to make it work?

• TenkoKuugen

Technically, it is updated, but a mod that is necessary to sell the seeds in the shop is not working with this mod right now, so it can't be used
                                I could upload the files and people could get seeds and saplings through a cheat mod (the item spawner) but that is really not what I had in mind

• BrandonPotter0

Soooo, Guess that means Life in Stardew Valley is on hold until SMAPI 1.6 is out? I wonder when that will be :D

• Zauriel93

Zauriel93 Big Damn Hero

So this mod does not work with the Stardew Valley 1.1 update right? or am I doing something wrong because things like mead and void mayonnaise were added and if I try to create them i get "error items"

• BrandonPotter0

It doesnt work with the current SMAPI version atm. Gotta wait for SMAPI 1.6 from what Ive read.

• Zauriel93

Zauriel93 Big Damn Hero

Ahhhh okay. Thanks
                                        Ive been trying to work around it and my other mods seem to be working but this one isnt. hopefully 1.6 will come soon

• TenkoKuugen

The actual mod files are updated, I just can't get the seeds to be sold in shops because of SMAPI errors.
                                          But even if the mod is released, you will still get some errors in old saves that used the old version of the mod because item IDs changed.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017