RELEASED Shardie's overhaul - Basic CP conversion done linked in thread - Future works will be on Nexusmods

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by shardie, Dec 24, 2016.

1. shardie

shardie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

EDIT April 2020 Yeah, uh, real life got in the way, again, sorry.

I've moved to nexusmods (I'm Shardust on there), and I'm still working on updating the furniture and walls/floors files, but here's the dropbox link to a basic content patcher version so you can still use this version until the new one is available on the nexus in the future. It is a somewhat direct conversion, I only adjusted the colors.
    In the config file you can select Blue/Red/Gold with "One", Green/Red/Gold with "Two", and LightPink/LightBlue/Gold with "Three".
    Furniture and WallsFloors are two separate config options but use the same numbers for the selectable colors (aka if you want the Blue/Red/Gold option for both Furniture and WallsFloors , just write "One" in both config options)
    For the farmhouse_tiles files and other edits I've made (fences, flooring, kitchen, beds, etc), please go to my nexusmods page. :)

Feel free to mod, mix and match, or change the colors to your liking for personal use; anything else (but depends on what you want), please ask first.

This is an almost total overhaul of the game's furniture, wallpapers and floors, and farmhouse (with more to come). It's a combination of items/colors from other parts of the game like the town itself and some original (I hope, ahah) pieces I tried to make on my own (I'm fairly new to pixel art-ing so it's pretty simple things for now).
    I used a couple things from Barfy's furniture as inspiration/modding, whose thread you can find here as per her request if used: Barfy's thread

CraftablesV1 (Dark Chocolate) CraftablesV2 (Cream)

FurnitureV1 (Blue/Gold/Pink) FurnitureV2 (Green/Red/Gold)

Farmhouse_tilesV1 (Dark Chocolate) Farmhouse_tilesV2 (Cream)

TownInteriorV1 (Dark Chocolate) TownInteriorV2 (Cream)

Make your choice and rename each file to the one you are switching it to.

Immagine3.png

(First made for personal use, I thought that maybe someone else might like it, and I wouldn't mind some help/suggestions/advice for future work, as well.) Basically, thanks to you guys I noticed that I could copy/modify the townfolks' furniture to my own, and then I found out that I could combine two or more objects to make a single one, kind of like the three-part skeleton you can find through archeology.

Thus, I changed/switched several objects, modded some others (like, the benches are a bit shorter on the width side so they can fit in the couches' "space"), etc.
    You'll see a repetition with only color as the difference between some furniture objects, because I like having different versions of the same thing. Also most names with the item color in them don't match, because I changed so much it seemed kind of pointless, ahah.
    I strongly suggest you acquire the furniture catalogue, because as as I said, some furniture require buying two to three different items. They'll be easily recognizable. Here's the dropbox files; they should be downloadable by everyone, if not drop me a note and I'll check as soon as possible if I missed something while uploading them. There are two versions with different colors each. (The screenshot depicts the first.) I may add a third color set once I figure out new palettes.

FURNITURE_1 (Green/Red/Cream) WALLS_AND_FLOORS_1 (Green/Red/Cream)​

FURNITURE_2 (Light Pink/Blue/Cream) WALLS_AND_FLOORS_2 (Light Pink/Blue/Cream)​

FARMHOUSE_TILES_1 (Brown) TOWNINTERIOR_1 (Brown-for the small beds and the fireplace)

FARMHOUSE_TILES_2 (White) TOWNINTERIOR_2 (White-for the small beds and the fireplace)

CRAFTABLES (Brown) CRAFTABLES (White)

FENCES (.RAR FILE) (Individual .pngs inside) FLOORING (No Grovel Path - check screenshot below)

BUILDINGS (.RAR FILE) (No Clock/Obelisks - Individual .pngs inside) GOLD CLOCK (NEW!) FARMHOUSE EXTERIOR (All three stages)

(I know they should be on the nexus but dropbox it's way easier to use...:V however I'll eventually upload them to the nexus once I've edited everything I wanted)

Make your choice and (if needed) rename each file to the one you are switching it to.

Remember to backup your original files!

Here's some screenshots:

bg-home.png bg-home3.png fences1.png Buildings.png items.png items1.png

Here's the png files:
    Gold Clock Wood.png
    Furniture.png walls_and_floors_1.png townInterior_1.png farmhouse_tiles_1.png
    furniture.png walls_and_floors_2.png townInterior_2.png farmhouse_tiles_2.png houses.png Flooring.png

More to come!​

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    • shardie

Overhaul COMPLETE! Made two files with different colors. May add more colors later on, but for now it's ultimately finished. Enjoy!

I'm now working on some walls and floors edits, then later the kitchen and bed.

Bye for now!

GalaxyUnion and eemie like this.
      • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Oh these are cute! I like the bookshelves and what you did with the tablecloths. I might grab this to save for later use, I'd like to eventually do a composite thing with all my faves. n_n

• RoastedCoconutz

RoastedCoconutz Pangalactic Porcupine

The color palettes are fantastic. I'd recolored my own furniture but yours is so much better that I'm ditching my version without a second thought. Keep up the good work!

• shardie

Thank you very much! n_n As I said I'm still learning but it's really fun, and hopefully I'll eventually manage to create more original things instead of simply modding the in-game assets or other people's mods, ahah!

Thank you so much! n_n I'm really happy the palettes came out all right! I may add more color options later on, but much later, I still have many things to do!

In fact, right now I'm working on the walls_and_floors, and the farmhouse_tiles plus townsinterior parts that belongs to it, so that they match with most of the furniture; hopefully they'll be ready no later than a couple of days from now! And after that the craftables, and then the buildings... (Did I mention I like things to match? :V)

Thanks again, see you soon! n_n

• LuthienNightwolf

That's actually exactly what I'm doing right now, teaching myself how to make new stuff but I don't quite have the know-how (or time, really) to do completely new stuff from scratch, so I mostly just change colors. lol I'm working on a personal furniture set based off of your set and a couple others that I really like, just basically mix and match what pieces I like from each one. My favorites from yours are the tables with the plaid cloths on them. :3

• shardie

Thank you! The table's plaid cloth is actually one of the game's wallpapers! It's the lonely pale green plaid one, I just recolored and edited it. xD

Also, for everyone interested I've just ADDED wallpapers (although I lost steam and inspiration after several hours, so there's some repetition, but I will try again later) and edited the farmhouse and towninterior colors to match both furnitures! Please check the first post!

Next up will be the craftables and the buildings, in a few days!

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                • LuthienNightwolf

Omg those wallpapers with the viiiiiines....I was trying SO hard to make some like that and I just couldn't figure out how to make it work. >u< I think I may have another go at my wallpapers after I finish working on my furniture set and merge those into it...there's still quite a few I want to tweak and some that I did that I don't really like as much as I thought I would. I'm learning though, stuff is getting nicer the more I play around with it. lol

I was working on making a matching dining room table for my oak set and I grabbed the green tablecloth from yours to put on it, it looks super cute!

• shardie

Thank you again, and, truthfully, I simply took the vines from the townInterior file (they are near the giant red carpet on the right) and edited them a bit, eheh! *evil laugh*

Jokes aside, the first time I opened a file I simply recolored things to match each other; the furniture I posted actually took a month of trials and errors before I was confident enough to post it (and from that experience I was a bit faster with the wallpapers and floors), so don't worry about taking your time to practice and learn, and as you said, things will get nicer in time! :D

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                    • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Ahhh this looks awesome, I made a dark wood version of the towninterior and farmhouse myself but I never released it as a mod so I'm glad you did!

• shardie

January 18 2017: Added Craftables, Fences, Flooring, Buildings (no clock/obelisks for now) and all three farmhouse exteriors.

No ingame screenshot for buildings because I don't have everything built, so if you see anything broken etc, drop me a note, no problem! Also, if anyone knows how to change the Flooring and Fences icons in game (if it is even possible) I'd appreciate it, because I couldn't figure out how... :(

I've very slightly edited the farm buildings, and the farmhouse(s) has been edited more noticiably, although I haven't dared change too much because I need more experience first, but one day I'll definitely will. I also plan to try and add vines and flowers to all the buldings as an alternate version of them.

The flooring needs more work but, again, I need more experience first. I did manage to have both the Brown and White Wood Paths in the same file, even though the brown one needs stone instead of wood... But I really didn't like the Grovel Path so I'm happy I could get rid of it, ahah! :V

I'm not sure when the alternate buildings will be ready, but after that I'll try to edit the Gold Clock and the Obelisks.

Bye for now! :DD

eemie likes this.
                        • shardie

(I have no idea how I've missed this, I'm sorry for the late reply!) :(

I'm glad you liked them! I've just added more things to match everything up as well as I currently can! :DD

eemie likes this.
                          • Hoosha

Hoosha Void-Bound Voyager

hi will the fences change the fences on the outskirts of the farm?

• shardie

No, they won't be changed (I checked), to do that I'm assuming you'd need to edit the map of the farm itself (of whichever layout you are using), unless the fences are taken from the world map...? I haven't learned how to edit farm maps (yet) so perhaps you can ask those who do if the fences in the farm are part of the farm map or not. :)

If they are part of the world map like the trees/stones/grass are, then I suppose it could be possible to edit each world seasons' maps and recolor only the fences, but it will change every fence in-game, as well. I can check myself, but it will take a while. However, if I find can change them without touching the farm map layout itself (as I said I haven't learned how to do that yet), I probably will, if only because I don't really like the color of the fences in-game. xD. But again, if it is even possible it will take a while. :V

• eemie

to change the fences of the map you need to edit spring/summer/fall/winter_outdoorsTilesheet.xnb

shardie likes this.
                                • shardie

Oh, so I did guess right! Thanks for the info, I'll add it to the list of things to do! (What can I say, I like things to match, ahah!) :DD

eemie likes this.
                                  • Mubbs

Mubbs Space Hobo

Hi, I think the silo is missing from the buildings file

• KariChan97

KariChan97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello ^^ Where do i put the walls and floors file?
                                      There is one inside the content folder and another one inside the maps folder.
                                      Thank you :3

eemie likes this.
                                      • eemie

Replace both of those files :)

• shardie

*facepalm* I can't believe I missed that! It has been fixed, please redownload the buildings.rar. :)

Yeah, that, eemie beat me to it, ahah. Thanks! :D

Anyway, I realized I went missing for a couple months, but real life took a turn and it's only recently that I managed to return to modding. I'm finishing up some new things, should only need a couple more days.

Thanks for the patience! :D

eemie likes this.