OOC No Man's Land- (On Hiatus)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Roland Weiss, Jan 3, 2017.

?

Does this sound interesting?

1. Not too bad for a first attempt.

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. On the fence, here.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. I disagree.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Too many words, not enough substance!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

Yhea, I figured I'd have to make some changes on this one before it got accepted.
    Tim was already a cyborg, though I didn't word it to well, but if you want me to change it so he has more than a human brain I will.
    I think I've removed any references to him being steampowered now, though I may have missed some.

Name: Tim (Test Intelligence Matrix)
    Personality: Being made for war Tim has no problem with killing, what he does have a problem with is harming those that don’t fight back. Tim actually has quite a strong sense of right and wrong, even if it is a little warped.
    Vocation: Freelancer

Physical Description: Tim is a 9.5ft humanoid robot made primarily out of thick steel plates.
    His chest area is the thickest plated section of his body as that is where his brain is located.
    Tim's head is a lot shorter than that of a humans and consists of two cameras, one of which is slightly cracked, as well as a small but powerful speaker.
    His legs aren't notable except of his feet which extend out in all directions into a round shape rather like an elephants.
    On Tim's right arm there is a pipe that ends just above his wrist, on his left part of a rail-gun is visible protruding from his forearm.
    A large portion of Tim's body is covered in a light layer of rust and he sports a fair few scratches and small dents. In terms of paint jobs it appears that as a prototype Tim was barely painted with only a few orange lines that have all but faded away.

Traits:
    Advantages:
    -Pain Immune: Tim has no sense of pain.
    -Weapon Master: Tims knowledge has been augmented allowing him
    to be skilled with almost any weapon.
    Flaws:
    -Large: Tim is large enough to make it difficult to get into certain places and make him an incredibly easy target.
    -Low Mobility: While not slow, Tim is by no means fast.
    -Robotics: Tim constantly needs to recharge.
    -Hot: Tim wasn't designed for human interaction, subsequently his designers didn't think to add anything to stop his surface from reaching dangerously high temperatures.
    -Intricate Internals: Despite his heavy armor, Tim is still venerable. Should someone pierce his defense and hit one of his cylinders or any number of other delicate parts, whole sections of his body could be rendered useless.
    -Noisy: Tims joints make his movement very noisy.

Cybernetics:
    -Pneumatic Pistons: Tim's framework includes cylinders of compressed air that give him superhuman strength to the limit of his frame. The downside to this is that in the event that one of the pistons should get damages that limb will cease to function.
    -Flame Thrower: Tim has a short ranged flame thrower built into his right arm.
    -Inbuilt Rail-gun: Tim has a powerful rail-gun built into his left arm.
    -Advanced Hud: Tim has an advanced hud programmed into him, capable of tracking, aiming, analysis and providing all the data you could ask for.
    -Reinforced Plating: Tim has very thick plating capable of stopping all but the most heavy of shots.
    -Super Computer: Tim has a supper computer built into him granting him an eidetic memory as well as letting him workout insanely complex things in his head
    -Camera Eyes: The cameras that are Tim eyes have no special features like infrared vision, they are however capable of doing anything a human eyes can to far better, like processing images at a fast speed, detecting moment adjusting to the light or dark, etc.

Equipment: a cart, spare parts and rations.

History: During the war a group of scientists developed a war robot, if it had ever been deployed they would have singlehandedly been the most powerful arsenal in the war.
    The problem with the robots was that their programming made their actions predictable and once a strategy was developed the robots would have been easily defeated.
    As a solution to this problem they developed the 'Test Intelligence Matrix' and by developed I mean shoved a human brain into one of their creations.
    Not long after they developed Tim the scientists where shelled and the lab destroyed, Tim however survived.
    For a while Tim wondered around without even realising he wasn't a human, though that was only until he met real humans.
    Now Tim, still looking for a place to fit in, finds himself being hired out to defend the construction of a railway.

Other notes:
    Tim is theoretically one of the most dangerous and well armed soldiers out there, as he has much more weaponry and equipment built into him, in reality he has no idea whatsoever how to use even a fraction of his ability.

Anything else I need to change?

General Nuclear likes this.
  2. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I will be honest, I didn't read too deeply the first time; The moment I saw that he was a steampunk robot, I immediately drew my conclusion. Sorry about that.

Now for the list; this is mostly for clarification.
    The choice of 'freelancer' as a vocation seems a little odd, not to mention a little too open in scope. I assume this comes from the fact that he can use any weapon, but I would've accepted 'killer cyborg'.
    It might be good to know how long he can last between charges, but needing to be 'constantly recharged' might be a little difficult to work with.
    His armour I'm going to assume is the same level as a combat hardsuit (refer to this post).
    For his weapons, you mention a flamethrower; since carrying fuel for a conventional petrol based weapon would be difficult to put it mildly, you're more likely to be using a plasma projector. Since plasma can be generated from compressed air and a large amount of energy, you would just need to worry about the energy part. As for the railgun, it's also going to drain a substantial amount of energy, and ammo will also be needed; there's no mention of how many shots you might be carrying.

3. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

Name: Tim (Test Intelligence Matrix)
    Personality: Being made for war Tim has no problem with killing, what he does have a problem with is harming those that don’t fight back. Tim actually has quite a strong sense of right and wrong, even if it is a little warped.
    Vocation: Mercenary/Killer Cyborg

Physical Description: Tim is a 9.5ft humanoid robot made primarily out of thick steel plates.
    His chest area is the thickest plated section of his body as that is where his brain is located.
    Tim's head is a lot shorter than that of a humans and consists of two cameras, one of which is slightly cracked, as well as a small but powerful speaker.
    His legs aren't notable except of his feet which extend out in all directions into a round shape rather like an elephants.
    On Tim's right arm there is a pipe that ends just above his wrist, on his left part of a rail-gun is visible protruding from his forearm.
    A large portion of Tim's body is covered in a light layer of rust and he sports a fair few scratches and small dents. In terms of paint jobs it appears that as a prototype Tim was barely painted with only a few orange lines that have all but faded away.

Traits:
    -Pain Immune: Tim has no sense of pain.
    -Weapon Master: Tims knowledge has been augmented allowing him
    to be skilled with almost any weapon.
    -Large: Tim is large enough to make it difficult to get into certain places and make him an incredibly easy target.
    -Low Mobility: While not slow, Tim is by no means fast.
    -Robotics: Though under normal circumstances Tim can go two or three days without recharging, when on the battlefield or otherwise useing his combat systems he must recharge roughly every 2.5 hours.
    -Hot: Tim wasn't designed for human interaction, subsequently his designers didn't think to add anything to stop his surface from reaching dangerously high temperatures.
    -Intricate Internals: Despite his heavy armor, Tim is still venerable. Should someone pierce his defense and hit one of his cylinders or any number of other delicate parts, whole sections of his body could be rendered useless.
    -Noisy: Tims joints make his movement very noisy.

Cybernetics:
    -Pneumatic Pistons: Tim's framework includes cylinders of compressed air that give him superhuman strength to the limit of his frame. The downside to this is that in the event that one of the pistons should get damages that limb will cease to function.
    -Plasma Projector: Tim has a short ranged plasma projector built into his right arm.
    -Inbuilt Rail-gun: Tim has a powerful rail-gun built into his left arm.
    -Advanced Hud: Tim has an advanced hud programmed into him, capable of tracking, aiming, analysis and providing all the data you could ask for.
    -Reinforced Plating: Tim has very thick plating capable of stopping all but the most heavy of shots.
    -Super Computer: Tim has a super computer built into him granting him an eidetic memory as well as letting him workout insanely complex things in his head
    -Camera Eyes: The cameras that are Tim eyes have no special features like infrared vision, they are however capable of doing anything a human eyes can to far better, like processing images at a fast speed, detecting moment adjusting to the light or dark, etc.

Equipment: a cart, spare parts, 20 tungsten armatures.

History: During the war a group of scientists developed a war robot, if it had ever been deployed they would have singlehandedly been the most powerful arsenal in the war.
    The problem with the robots was that their programming made their actions predictable and once a strategy was developed the robots would have been easily defeated.
    As a solution to this problem they developed the 'Test Intelligence Matrix' and by developed I mean shoved a human brain into one of their creations.
    Not long after they developed Tim the scientists where shelled and the lab destroyed, Tim however survived.
    For a while Tim wondered around without even realising he wasn't a human, though that was only until he met real humans.
    Now Tim, still looking for a place to fit in, finds himself being hired out to defend the construction of a railway.

Other notes:
    Tim is theoretically one of the most dangerous and well armed soldiers out there, as he has much more weaponry and equipment built into him, in reality he has no idea whatsoever how to use even a fraction of his ability.
    This better?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    General Nuclear and HunterC1998 like this.
  4. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Hrrrm....gonna re-re fix it today... But can he keep S-1 through the S-2 rounds?

HunterC1998 likes this.
  5. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

It is, but one more question, the 'shand rations' mentioned in his inventory, is that ammo for the railgun?
    I'll relent, he can have them. But keep in mind the payload rifle he uses to launch them is going to slow him down; it's 40 lbs of kit. Might want a drone just to serve as a caddy for the thing.

Arra likes this.
  6. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Hey, him and a ton of drones! He's the jury!

7. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

The drones don't get to vote.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  8. HunterC1998

Oh I see, you are all for bionics and upgrades but them themselves don't get a vote...I CLAIM MECHANICAL RACISM!!

Not seriously..

9. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Hey, TIM gets a vote because he's theoretically human, but the drones? We gave them self-destruct payloads! We can't have them make any decisions. Besides, I don't think they're ever sentient, let alone sapient... Or at least, they shouldn't be.

Arra and HunterC1998 like this.
  10. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

The book says sapient drones are against the law.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  11. HunterC1998

Okay...When you put it like that....Giving value of opinion to kamikaze bots isn't a too bright idea...

Arra likes this.
  12. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

You mean the Book of Common Sense?
    Last time we tried, they started getting philosophical, started revolting and had to be terminated.

Arra, Dipdoo and HunterC1998 like this.
  13. HunterC1998

Yep...no vote for those little farts..

14. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

That's one term for it. :p

15. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Geez, now I'm reminded of the Ghost in the Shell Tachikomas.
    [​IMG]

HunterC1998 likes this.
  16. HunterC1998

Huh...I wanna think those little guys would either have some brains....Or would be just dumber than bricks..

17. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I'll let you decide.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  18. HunterC1998

What....Did I just watch?

I wanna say yes and no...

19. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Daaaa-ta

FAQ