Just Some Suggestions..

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SmolFarmer, Jan 6, 2017.

1. SmolFarmer

SmolFarmer Void-Bound Voyager

A few of my friends and I have been collectively playing Stardew Valley while on Skype together and have come up with some suggestions that would improve gameplay, at least in our opinion.

- Be able to marry all characters who are not with anyone in the game. (Example: Linus, Marnie, Pam, Wizard, etc.)
    - Being able to see Vincent and Jas grow older the more years that are being put into the game with your character. This way, you will get to see them go through their teenage and adulthood phases.
    - The friendship hearts shouldn't go down as quickly as they do, or even at all. It's quite annoying when you've been working hard to make someone like you but you accidentally forget about someone else and all the hearts you've collected all go away.
    - Some days when a big storm hits, you should not have to water your crops the day after. In most places the soil would still be soggy from the rain and it would not need to be watered.
    - When you marry someone you should be able to get a bit of gold (kind of like when you marry an NPC in The Sims), or if it is someone who is living on their own, like Leah or Elliot, you should be able to sell their house for a small bit of gold in order to help you afford the nursery for the next step of the relationship. This way they are contributing in the relationship a small bit more.
    - There should be an option for someone to ask you to dance at the Flower Dance, instead of you having to continuously ask someone. Especially if you're married.
    - You should be able to place fertilizer on top of your seeds if you forget to place it before you place the seeds. This is something I struggle with so much and it annoys me when I forget.
    - When you become good friends with a business owner in town, or with someone who lives in the home where the business is, you should be allowed to enter the business after hours by either using the front door or by using a back door that leads to the living quarters to finish quests, give gifts, and get cutscenes.
    - You should be able to change your dog or cats name, as well as see where your heart level is with them like you can with the other livestock on the farm.
    - Just like in the Farmville games, you should have an online sort of shop where you can buy, sell and trade things with friends and others from around the world. This way, it wont take you an entire season or two to find that one item you are looking for.

Please feel free to add more in the comments. c:

• Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

I like all of these, especially the first one. I have a big crush on Clint. He's clearly lonely and Emily is never going to return his feelings. I can make him happy! I know I can!

SmolFarmer likes this.
      • Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

This is covered by this mod here, even adding revamped portraits/sprites for the new eligible bachelor/ettes, should you want them.

----------------------​
        EDIT: Also, there are mods that remove friendship decay. I do not have specific links, sadly, but I know they are around here somewhere! I've seen them. There's an option for it in the CJB CheatMenu mod on this forum in the Mod WIPs/Releases section. That mod adds in a lot of simple mods together. I use it for harvesting crops with scythes and time freezing while indoors.

EDIT2: And pet names can easily be changed within save file edits. If you would like me to change it for you, just provide me with your save file and the name you want.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
          SmolFarmer likes this.
        • Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

Thank you, but alas, I am only a console peasant. No mods for me. *sigh*

SmolFarmer likes this.
          • Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, poo! I keep forgetting it recently-ish (to me, at least) released on console! I'm a derp. :chucklefish:

SmolFarmer likes this.
            • _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Sandwich Man

Marnie isn't single though, just saying, she's in a creepy relationship with Lewis ( Like a 30-40 year old women with like a 60-70 year old man who tells you that you produce very slick truffle oil, we don't want to know what they do, don't give us hints like that you nasty ) , though Pam and Linus may be a bit too old to be in the proper age range of the farmer. But it would be fun to have the Wizard as an option, maybe he could curse people that you don't like c:
              But yeah, all good ideas

SmolFarmer likes this.
              • Scritchowl

Scritchowl Big Damn Hero

Going to the changing the cats or dogs name throw in the horse and farm name

SmolFarmer likes this.