RELEASED Longevity: Dynamic NPC Clothing

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Ayriee

Ayriee Starship Captain

Omg, I love Summer Jas with the bow, so cute!! <3
    I prefer the one-piece swimsuit.
    The second Fall Jas, with the sweatshirt, is nice.

As far as colors go, I think everything is fine :) Nice job!

Harzelora likes this.
    • Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

This is amazing ! The straight short hair version is my favourite !

Same !!

Ayriee likes this.
      • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

So cute

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Ailin I agree with everyone else! These are all fantastic; I love her bow!

Well done :)

Ayriee likes this.
          • Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

@Ayriee, @Harzelora, @Coolwyngs, @RTGOAT
            Thanks to everyone! :D So I finished with the seasonal outfits! I was thinking about to make something for rainy days, but Jas doesn't leave her house when it rains, right? Or she does? o.o

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not sure. I've probably spent more hours with mods than the game itself :S

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Her wiki doesn't help much, but I would say she doesn't leave the house when it rains!

Harzelora likes this.
                • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Yes she does I have seen her in the rain

• Milesian

Milesian Space Hobo

This sounds amazing and I hope to see this in the future!

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

just in case I made a rain outfit. Opinions?
                      Jas_portrait_rain_indoors.png Jas_sprite_rain_indoors.png Jas_portrait_rain_outdoors.png Jas_sprite_rain_outdoors.png

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Ailin I think she looks fantastic.

I've been quite busy for the holidays and artwork has come in later than I expected.

I contacted artists that had standalone art mods for potential use in this mod. Unfortunately, they have not got back to me yet.

While I planned for Longevity v1.3 (w/ dynamic clothing v1.0) to be released today, I'll need to put a short delay on it. It should be ready to go sometime this Mon-Fri.

I could have much of it ready and released tonight, but then I would be skipping important testing.

Throw me your questions if you have any.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

POTENTIAL CONTENT GOING IN:
                          I contacted some mod artists that had done sprite/portrait work to possibly use in this mod.
                          However, since this work is outside the scope of our current discussion, I can only assume that some of you may not want some of these works in this mod.

*blue usernames are from Nexus Mods

Currently the guaranteed content for this first version is as listed:
                          • "@shane train 22" - Summer Elliott (and a winter Elliott portrait w/ festive scarf)
                          • "@Paneto" - Cold weather Emily (Winter and Fall unless voted otherwise)
                          • "@Ailin" - Lots of Jas content [Beach, Rain, Summer, Fall, and Winter wear; w/ indoor and outdoor variations for Rain & Winter]
                          I have reached out for some more content that I could have implemented this version if wanted:
                          • "Satadoros" - Red dyed hair for Leah (Would be triggered for a single season): Link
                          • "Jokerine" - Brown dyed hair for Leah (Same trigger as red hair): Link
                          • "bingbongsingalong" - Winter Haley: Link
                          • "yuiidragon" - Brown dyed hair for Penny (Triggered for a single season): Link
                          • "EltonScone" - Bearded Shane with a new coat (Trigger currently undefined): Link
                          • "melkat7" - Clothing and hair color changes for Sebastian (Many changes in this mod, not all decided on): Link
                          Triggers for clothing will be set to specific seasons of the year (as specified)...
                          Triggers for hair will be set to a random chance of the NPC dying their hair...

In the future I would like to involve the player with potential hair changes (color/style) by allowing the NPC to ask the player their opinion on their potential change. (I know clothing was the initial focus of this mod, but I would also like to note that hair is within our scope too!)

As of this first version I would like to note which NPC pieces are completed and currently unavailable for artwork:
                          - Elliott Summer (Other clothing triggers are welcome)
                          - Emily Winter (She will also use this clothing for Fall, but fall and other triggers are still available)
                          - Jas Content (Any future work for Jas will remain reserved for "Ailin")

Everything else is available if anyone has ideas or something they would like bring to this mod.
                          (Feel free to PM me if you're unsure about NPC availability)

Thanks! Release is coming soon :)

brittpinkie likes this.
                          • Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

To keep artwork consistent across artists, we use the original sprites/portraits.

If we were to use a custom base sprite/portrait they would all need to be done in the same style.

This is a more difficult task as it puts the load of changing all NPCs on a single artist (assuming everyone's style is unique)

• Alvadea

Jeah, I thought as much. I'll figure out how much extra work it is, to make the changes on two portraits. Perhaps I would upload the other variant in an extra thread for those, who don't like the original portraits.

Edit: Okay wasn't that much work. ^^
                              [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
                              • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

It looks good, I think putting this in for fall time would be good, then use the bearded Shane for winter.
                                This will help to show some progression. And you don't really need an overworld sprite for this :)

IronZelly likes this.
                                • Alvadea

Hm should I give him a little more beard in Fall then too? Thing is, the bearded Shane, you have for Winter now, isn't complete - he has only four portraits in it. And perhaps he should wear a closed jacket in Winter too. Is the bearded-Shane-Mod-Author still on it, do you know that?

Here's a something for the rainy days (outdoor) in fall and spring/summer.
                                  [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
                                    Ailin and SJaguar like this.
                                  • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Current work I have for Shane is outsourced to an artist I havn't been able to contact.
                                    Since you're putting work into Shane, I'll implement yours over the old.

It looks great; when you've finalized it, send me your .xnb files!
                                    Any work done for this mod (after release 1) will be implemented for release 2.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I saw a new brunette Abigail mod on Nexus and remembered the hair dyeing on this mod. ;)

• Alvadea

That's makes things easier for me. I think I'll add another winter-portrait then. :D