RELEASED Siv's Marriage Mod [NOW OPEN SOURCE]

Discussion in 'Characters' started by sivolobwho, Mar 13, 2016.

?

What features would you most like to see added to this mod?

1. 8- and 10-heart events

482 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. Wedding event error fixes

132 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. Festival fixes (make spouses available for all festivals)

115 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Post-marriage spouse events

514 vote(s)
    41.2%
  5. Extensive in-law dialogue

147 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. More couple-centered festivals

130 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Additional rooms in house, including more spouse rooms

121 vote(s)
    9.7%
  8. Character-specific help/chores from spouse

113 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Baby/toddler sprites recolored/edited according to parent

146 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Bless you! I'll scoop it up! :coffee:

And just a follow up, is there a guide or a separation of each romance path for the characters? Like, if we only wanted a few of the romances and not them all, for example. :iswydt:

• sivolobwho

sivolobwho Phantasmal Quasar

There is a guide in the readme that explains how to remove characters from the mod. Unfortunately it's not as simple as installing one character and not the other, just because of how the game's content files work. But if you read those instructions and need any further explanation, I can help you out.

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

I'll definitely check them tomorrow and if I have any questions, I'll pop in! I seriously love the idea for this mod, it's so rad. :headbanging:

Thank you so much!

sivolobwho likes this.
        • inkytea

inkytea Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I really would like to download this mod, but the readme is a bit out of date so I'm a little confused as to where things are supposed to go.

I'm assuming that the "Content" folder in the .rar goes in SV's Content folder, and "SivsMarriageMod" goes in the Mods folder, but if I do NOT want the visual updates do I just ignore the "VISUAL UPDATE" folder?

If so, what is the "VISUAL UPDATE" folder that is inside the "Content" folder provided?

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

I'm almost positive this is how it works, but SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG:

• The Visual Updates folder is for portrait and sprite changes as shown on the OP where the characters' looks are altered, whereas the Content folder only makes the Default/Vanilla portraits compatible for marriage (like adding the other emotions like blushing, etc) just like the SDV 1.1 update did for Shane and Emily.

• And yes, the Siv's Marriage Mod folder containing the .dll goes into Stardew Valley/Mods while the Content overwrites the Stardew Valley/Content folder.

What are the Buttercup.xnb, Hank.xnb, Kari.xnb & Lin.xnb files? They don't show up in the original files for the vanilla game, and they are purely sprites/Characters (not portraits), so I was curious if maybe they were random NPC's that appear in the heart events you added?

• sivolobwho

Hi there. The readme that comes with the 1.2.2 download in the OP is not out of date, so I'm sorry if you're having trouble figuring it out. If you read the instructions in said readme carefully it should clear things up. There are sections called "how to install", "how to install visual updates", etc. that explain everything in detail. If you do not want the visual updates, then simply ignore the instructions for how to install them, since they aren't automatically installed. Instructions for installing the spouse rooms are there as well. Is there a particular part of the readme you feel is outdated? I double-checked to make sure everything in the install instructions was still relevant. If you read the whole readme carefully and still can't figure it out, then I can try and clear it up for you.

• sivolobwho

Khari, Lin, and Hank all have portraits as well if you check, but you are right that Buttercup does not. There are reasons for this that have to do with the events in which they appear. While I haven't delved into the complex process of adding true custom NPCs, adding temporary custom NPCs for events is extremely easy to do.

• megidont

megidont Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there! I just wanted to start off saying that I love your mod, I've been enjoying it immensely. I made an account on here to make note of a bug though!

All I have installed is your mod and NPC map displayer, and recently I've been getting this error and my game crashing whenever I die in the mines. Someone on another forum helped identify that it was an XNB file that was probably the issue, as verifying the integrity of game cache on Steam fixes the error entirely. I went through my clean game files and re-installed only your mod (since it was the one I most wanted to use still), and the error came up again. It happens with the latest update (1.2.2); just installed it today when I saw you were active on here.

Not sure what would be causing it, but thought I'd let you know. I could try avoiding dying in the mines, but it still sucks to lose a day because you were careless to a monster.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
                  • sivolobwho

Just tested it and got the same error when I died in the mines. Let me look into it.

megidont likes this.
                    • inkytea

inkytea Void-Bound Voyager

In regards to the Spouse Rooms, the readme says, "Then, simply drag the SivsSpouseRooms folder into the Mods folder that came with the SMAPI installation." but I don't see a "SivsSpouseRooms" folder in the .zip? There's a spouseRooms.xnb in the "Content" folder, though? I do want the unique rooms for the new spouses, so I just want to make sure I've done everything correctly :) Thank you.

• sivolobwho

Hello. The "SivsSpouseRooms" folder the instructions are referring to goes by the name "SivsMarriageMod" also, and it is simply inside the .zip download, not inside the Content folder. If you can't find this folder, then I'm not sure what happened to it, because it's right there in the download. ^^; I included a screenshot of the SivsMarriageMod folder and its location.

Sorry for the confusion, but the easiest way to identify a smapi mod is to open the folder and see if there's a .dll file inside. If so, that's the folder you are looking for.

Attached Files:

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

@sivolobwho I had a quick question;

If I wanted to go about making a Clint portrait mod compatible with this, would I just need to edit the .png to have the extra blush expression like your .xnb (I unpacked it to make sure). I wouldn't have to edit the .yaml, right? Or the sprite?

Because I wanted to edit a portrait mod I love, but for personal use (not about to release someone else's work as my own).

p.s. I also started a convo on the forums with the mod creator/artist for the portrait I want, because I wanted them to be okay with what I'm doing. I won't implement it unless they are cool with it. I just wanted to know how to go about actually doing what I'm saying.

EDIT: Also, about the instructions to remove certain characters in the Readme.txt, do we ONLY need to unpack the NPCDispositions.xnb and edit the .yaml? What about all the leftover Dialogue and Event stuff from the mod for those characters?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
                          • lilly_ampleton

lilly_ampleton Void-Bound Voyager

I am so in love with all those adorable events you addeded for the bachelors.:love: I never thought I'd ever like the wizard as much as I do now. If only Gunther was a giftable NPC....:cry:
                            Anyways I love this Mod!<3

• livleaf

livleaf Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I really love this mod, used it for my first playthrough of the game. Now, however, as I start a new runthrough, I want these characters to just be their normal unweddable selves, but despite me removing all the files and even running a "verify integrity" sweep through Steam on my Mac, the game still shows the characters as single in the relationships menu.

How can I cleanly remove the mod from my game so that it no longer shows the "(single)" beneath their names in the relationship menu?

• sivolobwho

Sorry for the late response. About the portrait mods - yes. You would only need to add the extra expressions in the Clint.xnb portrait. You don't need to edit the .yaml or the sprite files.

Unfortunately, as far as removing characters from the mod, it's much harder to remove the events and extra dialogue. The dialogue shouldn't be too much of a problem, but unfortunately romantic events will (probbably, haven't tested it though) still trigger even if you change their 'datable' element in NPCDispositions.xnb to 'not-datable'. Unless someone is willing to unpack all the .xnbs and go through to remove all the stuff from the .yamls, then re-pack it all back up, there's no real way to completely remove characters from the mod. Like.... it's DOABLE, but it would be a whole lot of effort.

• sivolobwho

Hello! If you backed up your 'Content' folder before installing my mod as per the instructions for my mod, you should have original versions of all your game's files. You can copy the entire 'Content' folder and replace the one in Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley.

If you don't want to override any graphical (portrait/sprite/etc) mods you have in the game, you can simply go to the original version of your 'Content' folder, then copy & paste the 'Data' folder into Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content. It won't get rid of absolutely everything, but it will take care of (single) tags, some dialogue, events, and some others.

If you do not have a backed up version of your 'Content' folder, then the easiest way I can think of to get a clean one is:

1. Find your game's Content folder (usually in Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley)
                                  2. Rename the folder to 'ModdedContent' (or anything, really)
                                  3. Start Stardew Valley, and it should create a new, clean Content folder in that location

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
                                  • Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

I don't have enough know-how to do all that, but I'll try sometime soon and back-up your mod files before fiddling with it!

Thank you so much for answering my questions whenever I ask them, I'm sorry for being a bother. This mod is just so extensive to me and adds so many new things so I'm just very curious about it. LOL

• EvilSplitPersona

EvilSplitPersona Space Hobo

@sivolobwho I also have a quick question.

First of all, thanks for the mod! Now I can marry the wizard! :D It's really fleshed out and I like how the visual updates are of really good quality, but also optional.

Second of all, I figured out how to change the "datable" quality of the NPCs (cuz I only want the wizard as an option). But as for installing their personalized rooms (cuz the wizard's is super neat), does it have to be SMAPI 0.40.0, or will the most recent version work (SMAPI 1.5)? I just want to make sure I use the correct one before I change the files too too much.

• sivolobwho

The most recent SMAPI should work fine. If it doesn't, please post any errors here!

• EvilSplitPersona

EvilSplitPersona Space Hobo

Alright, thanks! I'll be sure to let you know. :3

Update: @sivolobwho Installed the spouses rooms no issue with the most recent SMAPI. Thanks for all your help! :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017