Chat Ten facts about you!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Surenu, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Howdy y'all

So, without further ado, we all post 10 facts about us in this thread and discuss those which each other. Remember the forum rules, do not post personally identifiable information, have fun and learn something new about everyone here. Since I'm a good OP, I'll start:

1. Garlic goes in everything that isn't sweet when I'm cooking.
    2. I almost got killed by a collapshing shed once.
    3. Among other things, I collect cigarette warning labels.
    4. I am deathly afraid of dogs due to childhood trauma. When I do get to befriend a dog though this is easily forgotten.
    5. The largest fish I ever caught was just shy of 100cm.
    6. Around 2020, I'll officially be a teacher.
    7. I got an honorable discharge from the army due to a large number of broken bones.
    8. I actually forage for food - there's a few patches of woods near my place, and the nettles there aren't contaminated by traffic so I can make nettle soup for a large part of the year. Cheaper and tastier than spinach!
    9. I'm close to ten years of smoking. Weeks before my 16th birthday, smoking age in Germany was lifted from 16 to 18 years.
    10. Furniture shops make me aggressive for no apparent reason.

HunterC1998, Pangaea and BlazeRom like this.
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Okay I thought of ten somewhat interesting facts about me. It was kind of hard actually. Anyway...
    1. I'm ambidextrous but I tend to favour my left hand for things.
    2. I used to sing in a travelling quintet some years ago.
    3. I'm 1 of 7 children. Although one of my brothers died 20 years ago.
    4. I don't like chocolate. It just doesn't taste good to me. I'll eat dark chocolate on occasion, though.
    5. I taught myself to juggle when I was 19. I'm out of practice now but can do it if I really try.
    6. My hair is currently 3 different colours: blonde, brown, and red. One of them is natural.
    7. I have a broken tooth so it looks like 1 of my teeth is missing.
    8. I've been writing fantasy stories since I was 12.
    9. I severely injured my knee playing football (soccer) in 2005. I still have trouble with it and need to wear a brace sometimes.
    10. I've only ever been to one concert in my life. It was for August Burns Red.

BlazeRom and Surenu like this.
  3. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

1. My name is Bonabopn, i am 24 years old and i live in England! (not too far from london)
    2. I've had a hard life, but it's nobody's fault; i just have mental illnesses to deal with.
    3. I have £4,124 worth of games on my steam account and 11,352 hours of play time!
    4. I'm nearly a vegetarian; not because of ethics, but because eating the flesh of other creatures sounds disgusting! I still eat sausages, pizza meat and chicken nuggets though.
    5. I have two brothers, one is my twin! We aren't anything alike. He doesn't even have any fluff!
    6. My favourite things are animals, magic, video games and magic animal video games!
    7. I am technically a published author: as a kid i entered a poem in a competition and it was put in!
    8. I can recite the entirety of the poem Jabberwocky from memory.
    9. I completely failed high school because i had a breakdown when i was about 15 and i'm still recovering.
    10. I once beat the world high score for one of the easy characters in an fps roguelike called Ziggurat by 30%! On my first go!

4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

31. I am a 16 year old Filipino-American, and I live in Maryland about half an hour's drive from the Capitol.
    32. I am about as carnivorous as a human should be able to get. Give me a meat, I'll eat it if it's safe. If it's not safe, hel, I'll still try it. Among what I've tried includes: Balut, tomahawk ribeye, pig brain, cows eye, haggis (more or less), liquifacted fish, and spinal cord. (If given the chance, id be totally willing to try human)
    33. I can recite the whale scene of the hitchhikers guide from memory.
    34. I get a visceral (vomit inducing) reaction from the smell of pork fat, texture of mushrooms, thought of burrowing parasites, trump's speeches.
    35. Everyone that knows me except myself and my parents identifies me as a reptile. (This running joke has been going on for years. Even my biology teacher is in on it! I mean, sure it's funny as a running joke, but still. That's pushing it.)
    36. I get a thrill off of violence of any kind. Hence why animal slaughtering and butchering is a good job for me.
    37. I'm a total pity whore despite never having once struggled through life, (yet still lacks an viable talents or skills)
    38. I'm a privileged middle-class white male and this makes me feel really guilty.
    39. Girls have a strange reaction to me. They inexplicably want to touch my hair. It creeps me the FUCK out when they do it without asking/sneakily.
    40. I've ascended in Nethack(but only once. Never killed any of the horsemen either. The one time I ascended, I forgot an amulet of slow digestion and fell to Famine.)

So what is there to discuss?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Pangaea, BlazeRom and Surenu like this.
  5. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

1. I'm 20 years old, soon to be 21 and I am from the United Kingdom.
    2. I'm very picky with food. If any foodstuffs have a single ingredient I do not like I plain refuse to eat it.
    3. I applied to the army to be a front line medic. Ironically I failed the medical test.
    4. I don't like horror movies, because being frightened even slightly brings me chest pains (Why number 3 never worked out).
    5. I consider myself to be a loner. I'm scared people judge me before they know me, so its why I keep well away from people.
    6. In Sixth Form I was the only person in my year to fail the entire year. An achievement in itself, but the outcome annoyed me.
    7. I'd rather hang out with boys instead of girls IRL. I dunno why.
    8. On Pokemon GO I have the strongest Venusaur in the Town I live in.
    9. I was actually ranked #1 on a Worldwide leader board back in my Xbox360 days. It was years ago, Last I checked I was still #1. But that was a while back.
    10. People do not understand me whatsoever. Its kinda good. But it can suck at times.
    What? lolololol

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  6. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I had crocodile recently, it was tasty!

To be fair, most people judge others before they know them. I guess the difference between an introvert and an outrovert is realizing that. That's why I like forums, this one in particular, so much though since I am judged by my words alone.

I guess brown.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  7. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Yeah I really like these forums. Everyone is nice and noone judges

Jareix Cryvix and Surenu like this.
  8. Jareix Cryvix

Except when you "overstep your bounds" and "don't read the rules because ur stupid mods".
    Also, grammar. Not sure if lost in translation, but some people really don't care to write their sentences.
    And some people just seem to incredibly belligerent, like there's nothing to beyond pick fights whenever possible.
    And don't get me started on people that just looove to shit on people's stuff.

9. BlazeRom

BlazeRom Space Hobo

This is nice, therapeutic even, let's see:

1. I love cats, i grew up with a pet cat and i guess we had the same life style( energetic when we needed to be).
    2. I will eat everything except pickles, i hate them, for some reason.
    3. I like to jog up to 1 hour at least once a week.
    4. Not exactly a social butterfly, a bit of a loner.
    5. When we talk about topics i know i tend to ramble a lot.
    6. I love to dream, to the point where i often have ones that feel too real.
    7. I'm great at first impressions but bad at maintaining long term ones ( >.<).
    8. I'm always doing or working on something when i'm alone, due to this people often think i hate talking to them since i don't check up on them from time to time.
    9.I am quite shy, but when i'm comfortable my attitude will go full 180 @w@.
    10. I have a bad habbit of getting bored of anything in about 4 months, be it projects, people, animals (except my pet).

Pangaea, Jareix Cryvix and Surenu like this.
  10. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

There are some guides into lucid dreaming on the net. Occurs naturally for me, but hey, it might be worth the experience!

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    BlazeRom likes this.
  11. Jareix Cryvix

I live 1.7 miles from my school and walk uphill to it in the mornings toting two bags at 15lbs each (one a backpacking bag of textbooks and binders, the other a large slung bag of papers and important stuff). So I automatically get in my 60 minutes of walking every school day and can eat whatever I want my braces permit because of it :p.

Thank god it's not like the 100+lbs carry weight of northern tier... Id either be a total beefcake, or completely broken.

BlazeRom likes this.
  12. BlazeRom

BlazeRom Space Hobo

I've read up quite a bit about it, it kinda worked, i only had one dream where i was aware i could do crazy things and took advantage of it. It was awesome. Often times i keep dreaming of stuff that i lost, like an old pet that's alive in my dream, freaks me out and can scare me out of my dream.

It would probably break your back lol, i considered jogging with weights for extra efforts but others quickly pointed out that my joints would probably snap in my old age so D: .

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  13. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

A few more o' mine, others are of course welcome to post past their initial 10:

1. My step-family is so large, I oftentimes lose track of who's who.
    2. Aside from my homecountry, I have only visited three other countries: Austria, the United Kingdom and Afghanistan.
    3. I accidently set my pants on fire once. That was over a decade ago and people still laugh about that.
    4. As a child, I used to have a really huge Lego collection - we're talking 10.000+ bricks here (who cares about sets anyway, Lego is all about building new stuff.) After I hit puberty it was donated to an orphanage though.
    5. There were three times I had to use a weapon in self-defense in civilian life, one of which was with my blank gun and that was the only time noone got injured.
    6. I sorta kickstarted a friend's rap career by giving him his nickname when we were 11.
    7. I really like being outside in the rain.
    8. On the inside, I'm an insufferable optimist, but on the outside I'm a pessismist because as a pessimist you're either right or pleasantly surprised.
    9. Both of my great-grandfathers fought each other in WW2 - one was in the SS, the other was in the jewish resistance.
    10. I really really really want to visit Antarctica one day.

Jareix Cryvix and Pangaea like this.
  14. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Correct.

Anyway here's 10 more things. It's really hard to think of anything interesting because I'm probably the least interesting person in the world.

1. I have Crohn's Disease. But I've been on medicine for it for 2 and a half years so the symptoms are almost non-existent.
    2. I also have severe mental health issues. Have had them since I was about 15. I'm medicated for them so they're not as bad.
    3. I used to play piano, guitar, and bass guitar. Even wrote about a dozen songs for the piano.
    4. My last job was a mechanic in a factory that made vehicle parts. I don't look like someone who should be a mechanic lol.
    5. Also, because of working with my dad growing up I know things about plumbing, carpentry, electrical, masonry, roofing, etc. Basically anything construction.
    6. I have at least 30 shirts but only 5 pairs of jeans. Mostly because people keep buying me shirts for gifts.
    7. And speaking of clothes, I have 8 different jackets because people keep giving them to me.
    8. I studied literature in uni so I still have the majority of my books. Like anthologies and such.
    9. I built my first computer in 2012. My most recent build was about 6 months ago in summer 2016.
    10. Just last year I learned how to use chopsticks. Never had the occasion or desire until then.

Surenu likes this.
  15. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Hmm... Okay, I'm next:
    1. I'm 19, from the United States. Michigan, if you want to be specific.
    2. I have a crippling addiction to Magic the Gathering. I have about six grand invested into the game. (Crazy? Yes. But I AM making money on it.)
    3. Currently, my hair is supposed to be red. It is dyed, but it went much lighter. (It's red under fluorescents, yet pink under sunlight...)
    4. In high school I had a skill that everyone hated me for: I could procrastinate and write any paper in one hour and get an A, flawlessly. (Same to most projects.)
    5. As a kid I had three dogs, thirteen cats, a fish tank of fish, four turkeys, three ducks, three peacocks, and thirty-two chickens. (Lol.)
    6. I am a computer programmer/in-the-making software developer. I got my start modding games like Starbound. :)
    7. The best way to get to know me is to debate philosophy. (I find it relaxing.)
    8. I am a nihlist. Not a thing I talk much about, but it influences my lifestyle, so... Meh.
    9. I am also an artist. Though I don't draw often. I usually only draw as presents for people close to me.
    10. I also have an "addiction" to anime. Call me a weeaboo, I find it to be a complement. :p I have about 800GB of anime in a show library on my PC.
    I went with the craziest things about my life. After number one... Let's just say I got carried away. :rofl:

Surenu, Pangaea and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  16. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Damn! Did you live on a farm or what?

17. Jirky-Kake

Jirky-Kake Phantasmal Quasar

A wild Kake appears!
    This seems interesting, more so than what I'm currently doing at least. :p

1. If my profile picture doesn't make it obvious, I really like Pikachu; I also have an Amiibo Pikachu, A Pikachu hat, and Pikachu jacket!
    2. I'm fairly calm and nonchalant about most things, but video games can cause a quick flip to exasperation and foul language in a blink of an eye.
    3. I laugh when I'm nervous. I also laugh a lot; I'm quite giggle-y. :giggle:
    4. I have a fear of blood, yet donated blood three times. I've decided not to do so anymore due to the third time being a very unpleasant experience.
    5. I can somewhat program, and really enjoy it. I also hope to take cybersecurity classes in the future.
    6. I dislike being apart of large groups of people as I grow uncomfortable rather quickly by the size; I typically prefer being alone.
    7. Lurking is a lot of what when I'm here. I'm too shy sometimes to post anything in the threads I read; fortunately, that's not the case for this thread. :3
    8. I love role playing.
    9. I can kind of draw not really.
    10. I recently returned to this forum after a bit of a leave; trying to get back into the swing of things and feel comfortable again.

Jareix Cryvix, Surenu and Pangaea like this.
  18. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Actually no. My mother just enjoys her pets more than she enjoys her people. :p

MilkCalf and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  19. Camodude10

Camodude10 Aquatic Astronaut

1. I'm 15 born and raised in Mississippi
    2. If I see something scary it usually impacts me badly so I avoid anything horror
    3. I'm an optimist
    4. I'm not skilled at anything useful even though I want to be
    5. I have not traveled very far from my home state
    6. I'm from a very poor family and I lost my father when I was 12
    7. I have very bad anxiety that I want to stop one day
    8. I'm very likely to get cancer
    9. I have many things I've wanted to be but doubt is possible
    10. I have about 20 guns

Pangaea likes this.
  20. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Interesting, what guns do you have and what kind do you prefer?