RELEASED Siv's Marriage Mod [NOW OPEN SOURCE]

Discussion in 'Characters' started by sivolobwho, Mar 13, 2016.

?

What features would you most like to see added to this mod?

1. 8- and 10-heart events

482 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. Wedding event error fixes

132 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. Festival fixes (make spouses available for all festivals)

115 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Post-marriage spouse events

514 vote(s)
    41.2%
  5. Extensive in-law dialogue

147 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. More couple-centered festivals

130 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Additional rooms in house, including more spouse rooms

121 vote(s)
    9.7%
  8. Character-specific help/chores from spouse

113 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Baby/toddler sprites recolored/edited according to parent

146 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bondle

bondle Big Damn Hero

I didn't see a readme in my download... there's an outdated one on nexus mods but it doesn't have anything on spouse rooms. also, in one of Linus's heart events (I believe the 8th, where the kids pelt his tent. he was the first villager I ever got to ten hearts with way before I downloaded this mod so I'm not certain) Vincent runs straight through the middle of a tree. Pretty funny in context, he must be reeeeeally scared of linus.

Oh, and Krobus is called Sewer 31 17 in the social menu. I don't mind calling him Sewer, but what's the 31 17 for?

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

That's his location on the Sewer map.

• Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

Can anyone tell me how to trigger Willy's events? I have him at 10 hearts and haven't had either of them yet...

Edit: Whoops, never mind, the weather had to be right and not winter, I guess. Just got two letters in a row, lol

Edit 2, son of Edit: Well, letters were got and it says to meet him at the shack but it's the same as usual, just him behind the fishing counter....HMMM

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
        • Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is it raining? I'm pretty sure for his last event it has to be raining. Might be the time, which I can't remember what time I got it to activate.

• Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

Ah, that did it. Thank you!

• brandyfox

brandyfox Void-Bound Voyager

I finally tied the knot with Willy (omg bae, I will be your skipper forever <3) but I now realize that his bedroom and outdoor area are not showing up. They're both just empty spaces.

Also I (sadly) had to decline Linus's sleepover because every time we retired to his tent the game crashed...

• brandyfox

brandyfox Void-Bound Voyager

here's screenshots for reference [​IMG][/IMG]
                before house upgrade
                [​IMG]
                after house upgrade
                [​IMG]

• gtomanga

gtomanga Void-Bound Voyager

anyone with a guide to where to trigger those events?

• ruunya

ruunya Void-Bound Voyager

hi, i'm from the nexus, and came to this site for the same problem with linus's 10 heart event. but i found the fix for it. the mod i downloaded from here is slightly diffent from the one i got from nexus, (1.2.1 instead of 1.2.1-366-1-2-1) anyway the short of it, i took the sleepingbagtitle.xnb wasn't in the nexus version or maybe the 1.2 but i added the file and now linus's event works. still getting the weird glitched house but at lest it dose crash :)

• sharkberries

sharkberries Big Damn Hero

I'm trying to woo Shane but every time I try to trigger his 3 heart event my game just crashes. Walk in the door, boom. "Stardew Valley has stopped working." :(

• mio36

mio36 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is there an update to 1.2.1?

• RuneKnight

RuneKnight Void-Bound Voyager

X3 homg that young Gus-!! Usually I never download any mods (apart from just pure sprite change like the Pokemon town), but I'm in love with that Gus sprite so much that I'm definitely trying this out (and I didn't even care much for Gus before)! Great jobs with all the young version sprites, they look AH-MA-ZING *bows to you* n(_ _)n

• emmanectric

emmanectric Intergalactic Tourist

Sorry I'm not really sure if I'm looking in the right area but where is the readme.txt located? 0:

• jarifa94

jarifa94 Void-Bound Voyager

There is some guide for this mod?

• Derk_

Derk_ Void-Bound Voyager

I feel like i'm missing something... I love that Emily portrait you made.. but, where is the download for it?

• lilly_ampleton

lilly_ampleton Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there, long time no see. :)
                                  I just reinstalled your awesome mod and now I am hooked on Stardew Valley again. I just love all the new portraits.
                                  I am so looking forward to all the new events. I was just wondering.... Could you tell us how to trigger these new events??? I don't need to know what's going to happen, just how to make it happen. At the moment I'm kinda worried to level up the hearts, because I don't know if I might be skipping an event I haven't triggered yet.
                                  Would you please consider posting some kind of a guide for the new events?
                                  Best wishes! ;)

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Is there a way to fix this into separate files for each candidate? For example, I only want Linus, the Wizard and Willy, but I am unsure which files to install once I get to the Content and the Maps, Data, etc.

Also, have the crashing bug reports been resolved? (Primarily Linus's 10 heart event causing crashes.)

----------​
                                    EDIT: I am also in the boat of being unable to locate the Readme.txt :slowpoke:

EDIT 2: The Sequel: Also, if someone has compiled an event guide somewhere, I'll literally dive face first into it if you'd let me.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
                                      lilly_ampleton likes this.
                                    • sivolobwho

sivolobwho Phantasmal Quasar

Hi, all - sorry I've been absent a few months. School's been really hard and I honestly just don't have time to work on this monster of a mod. I know it's riddled with errors and the scars of things I've tried to add, but thanks to everyone who is still supporting it. <3

I've posted an updated version of the mod in the OP, version 1.2.2. There aren't a lot of changes, but it should fix the Linus 10 heart event among other things. And, it includes a spoiler-free event guide for my events only (not the base game events). Also, I solved the case of the disappearing readme.txt.

Again, thanks to all who have supported my mod. I hope I get to come back soon!

• sivolobwho

• sivolobwho

Version 1.2.2 is in the OP and contains an event guide! <3