1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Jack Jasra's Black Novakid Ship 1.0 (Upbeat Giraffe)

Changes the color of the Novakid ship to black.

1. TheWorstPersonEver

TheWorstPersonEver Cosmic Narwhal

upload_2016-7-28_19-14-48.png
    nope

Attached Files:

2. Luckmann

Luckmann Void-Bound Voyager

So what you're saying is that it's still working. Aww yiiis. :3

3. TheWorstPersonEver

TheWorstPersonEver Cosmic Narwhal

It does, but you need a teleporter.

4. Luckmann

Luckmann Void-Bound Voyager

Well I can confirm that it doesn't work properly anymore. Trying to start a server results in an immediate crash.

5. KregisAurelius

KregisAurelius Intergalactic Tourist

Any hope for an update so we can use it. cant use it anymore that i can figure out since we dont have giraffe_storage/mods anymore

6. phoenix66six

phoenix66six Void-Bound Voyager

I was still able to access the Teleporter, it just doesn't show up, so I'm going to say it still works, at least kind of anyways.

EDIT: so I deleted the teleporter files in the mod and it uses the default, which fixes it for anyone who wants to use this

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  7. FPSUsername

FPSUsername Phantasmal Quasar

It works well

8. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

It will work but it is missing some features. IE: Crew. It won't support any crew.

9. FPSUsername

I fixed the teleporter, I modified an other one because the background would show through. I don't know what you mean by the crew support, it works fine here.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=829110599

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  10. lazarus78

How did you manage to get permission to upload it? They haven't been active since October.

11. FPSUsername

I did not. Credits to him. I see nowhere that I need his permission to use his work. I only changed one thing.

12. lazarus78

Permission is never assumed. If there is nothing explicitly saying yes or no, the default is always no. "Credits to him" is not acceptable, moraly or legally. Please do the right thing and remove the mod.

13. FPSUsername

There is no copyright on his work. He does not mention that his work may not be used, edited or copied, thus by law, it's completely legal. He gets all the credits and that is acceptable. I don't see why somebody would think that it's not acceptable. If he doesn't want this to happen, he should clearly post it in the OP and I will take it off the steam workshop.
    Besides that, I'm not making money of it.

I sent a message on devian art, maybe he can answer it (since he hasn't been online here lately)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  14. lazarus78

Its called Intellectual property. I strongly suggest you learn what it is and what it means. Not saying yes or no explicitly does not automatically grant permission. Period. Giving credit doesn't make it ok, morally or legally. Period.

Your respect for other people's work is questionable.

15. FPSUsername

According to my countries law, IP is not "automatically assigned" to your work. It means that if somebody posts something on the internet without protecting it, others may use it even without giving credit (aka "stealing" somebodies work). His work is not protected, so it is free to use. I do respect his work.

16. lazarus78

Your country's laws do not apply here. The applicable laws are those of where the server is hosted, and in this case, it is hosted in the US, so US laws apply.

If you respected his work, you would remove the mod because you don't have permission to distribute it. You can't assume permission.

17. Didy

Didy Void-Bound Voyager

Can i use Black Novakid Ship in a Mod Pack?

18. tagmastri

tagmastri Void-Bound Voyager

I found how to do it: you have to copy the folder and paste it to the mods folder!
    Np