1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Classical Weaponry 2.1

Brand new melee weapon types, with more coming soon!

1. Vinderex

Vinderex Pangalactic Porcupine

Vinderex submitted a new mod:

Rapiers - Craftable melee weapons, now with 100% more finesse!

Read more about this mod...

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  2. followsmemphis

followsmemphis Void-Bound Voyager

Glad to see someone else working on a rapier mod :D

I've been tooling around w/ a rapier mod of my own that I've been using personally, but I think you might find this bit of info useful. You *can* make a one-handed rapier that still has special attack options. I've added some modified lua scripts and weaponability files to my rapier mod, but basically how it works is that my rapier's second attack in its melee combo triggers a flurry (that takes energy). I also made it so that my base rapier attacks have momentum, moving the player forward, while my modified flurry attacks actually have a slight "hover" effect.

If you like, I can upload a copy of the file I've worked on if you want to see it action.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  3. HappySchizo

HappySchizo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Noticed that spam-crafting the broken epees then mass-selling them is an extremely easy way of making money.

HEHE.

4. Aimlessimp05

Aimlessimp05 Pangalactic Porcupine

That is awesome. You should totaly upload it somewhere or even upload the file here. I would love to use that. Also any tips to add a combo after a charged attack like the hammers? Ive been playing around with making new weapon types. I have a rapier in my mod but no where near as amazing as yours. I would love to play around with yours.

5. Vinderex

Vinderex updated Rapiers with a new update entry:

Complete overhaul! New combos!

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Vinderex

7. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

will we get an estoc? or an parrying dagger? at least a +4 parry dagger pls, my builds need the leet for the invaders (darksouls joke)

8. L'gra

L'gra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pardon my review if part of it(or all) doesn't belong in the review section, new to this whole thing. Have you considered allowing them to be aim-able, at least for the normal attacks or an alternate file for it? I found it to be silly not being able to aim my attacks. Why I got the Melee Aim mod, which I was hoping would also affect this.

9. Vinderex

Thanks for the review! ^.^ I'm working on the estoc right now and I intend to make it aimable. As for the rapiers though, I want them to have some sort of drawback to balance out their strengths, and having a limited attack area seemed like a reasonable choice in this case given the nature of the weapon. I might change it in the future, but for now, if you want to change it yourself, it's pretty easy. Find rapiercombo.weaponability in the files, it should be in items/active/weapons/melee/rapier. Open it up in notepad++ or some similar program. Go to line 78 (it should be "allowRotate" : false, and a few lines above it will be idle). Change the false to true, making sure you leave the comma at the end of the line, and viola! You can now aim! though it won't allow you to change your aim while in the middle of a combo. If you also want full aimability throughout the combo, simply search for the remaining lines containing allowRotate, and change them all to true as well.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  10. L'gra

L'gra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, thanks for telling me how. Have you even given consideration to other weapons? Maybe even making some variants to other vanilla weapons, such as maces or a war-ax with combo instead of charge hit, or maybe know a mod like that?

11. Vinderex

Never been much of a fan of axes, heck I still don't think I've ever even used one in-game yet. but I did have an idea for a Longsword weapon type which would be like a halfway point between shortswords and broadswords. Power and abilities comparable to a broadsword with the motions and aiming similar to a short. I might do some extras and requests if I have time later.

12. Vinderex

Vinderex updated Rapiers with a new update entry:

Estocs and more

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Vinderex

14. Vinderex

15. Logical Lucario

Logical Lucario Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't know if you would like this idea, but what do you think of Marth's rapier? It could be in the style of the Smash Bros series version where it's a two handed weapon and it's secondary attack is a power thrust. Just thought I would throw that idea out there.

16. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

If i may sugguest maybe an epee with extremely low damage but insanely high attack speed
    Maybe some side hand daggers and shortswords? Like a cinceda dagger, long knife or even as i asked before the parrying dagger?
    Ooh how about a mailbreaker shortsabre?
    Basket hilted scottish rapier?
    Febcing sabres? (They look like calvary sabres but are more swishy swishy)
    Shasqua or maybe the Colichemarde

17. Vinderex

18. Vinderex

19. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Great mod! Now just needs to be on steam workshop.

20. Alvin Wu

Alvin Wu Poptop Tamer

Hey will the solarium rapier have their exclusive design when you upgrade it at the weapon upgrade anvil?? That would be very nice