1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback I need your guesses opinion to help shape my mod!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dekadrachm, Dec 25, 2016.

?

Where should my weapons be distributed?

1. The Penguin Bay (Black Market Shop)

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. The Penguin Weapon Shop (Black Market Shop)

12 vote(s)
    92.3%
  1. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Hello guys, I just rebooted a long dead mod basically from scratch, meaning it was huge, but now it's kind of small. (This is a great opportunity to see how new starbound operates and such.)

The main question that arrives is: "How can I add a bunch of custom made weapons to starbound while still making it seem vanilla and not random?"

Basically my issues is in distribution. Should the penguin bay sell my black-market weaponry or should that little penguin weapon shop sell it?

Should all the weapons be tier 5 so they are still useful?
    Should I add lower tier weapons for starting game.

If I add them to the penguin bay, it will give more variety to it
    same goes for the weapon shop since they only sell a few things.

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/the-black-market-reboot.2766/

2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, I do not know if it is a doable thing, but maybe you could make an extra shop next to the weapon one?

Dekadrachm likes this.
  3. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

I could, but I don't want the outpost to feel too cluttered

4. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

The penguin weapon shop is actually a "crafting station", since you dont buy anything there with pixels but rather with ingredients. So if you want players to obtain the weapons with components i would have them be availible at the penguin weapon shop rather than from penguin pete.

Dekadrachm likes this.
  5. Sir_Djak

Sir_Djak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well putting those weapons at the penguin weapon shop seems the most logic answer.

But at this shop you dont buy weapons litterally, you craft them. And its more for crafting varations of special gunz.

Btw you can try at the rare item seller between the outpost and the Ruin Ark for the bigger gunz.

Dekadrachm likes this.
  6. BlueDragonic

BlueDragonic Void-Bound Voyager

I agree with penguin weapon shop, makes the most sense to me. As for their power, it would be neat to have different tiers that get more expensive as you get stronger weapons. That way you can't buy a super strong gun right at the start. But anyway good job on making a weapons mod, I appreciate those.

Dekadrachm likes this.
  7. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Actually quite helpful, instead of being sold for pixels. I may make the weapons craft-able using components. Thanks guys!

8. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

It's doable, but it would require a fair amount of air skills that I don't specialize in. Plus patching would be needed for the dungeon file and if anything changed the outpost, my mod may not be compatible with it.