Modding Help Do's and Don'ts of reporting issues with SMAPI mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Entoarox, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Install the unofficial patch, the official version wasnt updated for the new stardew version.

• attaghoul

attaghoul Void-Bound Voyager

My game became unresponsive after a cutscene was triggered after exiting Haley's/Emily's house. Same thing happened after entering their house and a cutscene with Emily was about to start. I used the cheat menu to bring some of the villagers affinity up to 10. I have the cheat menu mod, get dressed, the add more music mod, a portrait mod, and the fishing mod. I'm not exactly sure what caused this. Please help if anyone can.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

add more music mod is the culprit, probably not updated for 1.1 as a music file expected by SDV was missing.

• attaghoul

attaghoul Void-Bound Voyager

That was the problem exactly. I updated the music mod and I haven't had an issue. Thanks.

• ZeApplesauce

ZeApplesauce Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know what caused it, I followed the steps, I have Updated everything, Can someone please help meh ;-;

GRRRR.PNG

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Use the unoffial CJB cheats menu update, the last official release is heavily outdated.

• ZeApplesauce

ZeApplesauce Void-Bound Voyager

Where could I get the Unofficial CJB cheats Menu update, can you send a link please?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Nerdkasten

Nerdkasten Void-Bound Voyager

Got a problem with SMAPI. I played it yesterday and everything was fine, now it won't start.
                  After the error i updated my SMAPI from 1.4 -> 1.5, still won't work.
                  You got an idea ?

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

First, update SDV, you are still using 1.1 rather then 1.11 :)
                    Second, try shutting down things like your browser, music player and other programs when you start SDV, if you are low on memory when SDV starts (And with mods, you need more memory) then this issue is much more likely to happen :(

• Nerdkasten

Nerdkasten Void-Bound Voyager

Everything worked after a restart of my PC...maybe it was the memory :)
                      Also updated SDV, no idea how i managed to mess that up in steam.
                      Thank you~

• Norsewind

Norsewind Void-Bound Voyager

New to Stardew Valley modding, and added a bunch of stuff via SDVPM, mostly texture mods, the SMAPI ones I added are: Tappers Dream, !EntoaroxFramework, ShopExpander, EvenMoreCrops, FasterRun, SivsMarriageMod, and NoFriendshipDecay, and now when I try loading my save game I just get stuck on "Loading..." without it even being animated, and the music keeps playing =/

Hope the list of SMAPI mods helps narrow down the issue

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You installed a xnb texture mod in Data/Furniture.xnb, but the Data directory contains Data only, no textures, so you overwrote the wrong file and broke the game.
                          Revert that file (If you forgot to backup, you can repair the game) and everything will work.

• Norsewind

Norsewind Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you, got it working now ^^

• M0dScientist

M0dScientist Void-Bound Voyager

Hey all, I'd like to start a conversation about Mod Standards. I'm one of the developers of new ModDrop mod manager. I'm trying to make the process for modding SDV as easy as possible, by using algorithms to automatically recognize where files go in the game directory. I'm creating a new thread called "Mod Standards" where we can start discussing this. If you have thoughts on this (or if there already is a standard that I haven't come across) please join the conversation.

- Thanks, M0DScientist

• Tausret

Tausret Void-Bound Voyager

Hey,

i play with the Beta branch and there is a Fatal Error from SMAPI at Start.
                                Hope you can fix it.

Greetings
                                Tausret

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

SMAPI is not yet available for SDV 1.2, downgrade back to 1.11 if you wish to play modded.

• Hogweed

Hogweed Void-Bound Voyager

Need some help, I keep crashing every time I install SNAPI. I tried 1.8 and 1.9. Yesterday and for months before that, it was running perfectly. It seems that when I updated to 1.9 and edited the launch options in Steam, since then I have been unable to get it to startup. What I want to know is, which version should i use (I cant find anything about which version I am using in steam (not the beta, I opt out).
                                    So can you tell me what SNAPI I should try? I just uninstalled it again, for like the 5th time, and its vanilla. So can someone walk me through what I need to use, and please do it in order, I find many instructions to be vague and confusing, appreciate it if you can be clear.

Thanks!

• Hogweed

Here is the error I got, and the way I edited the Launch.

Attached Files:

• Hogweed

I checked my %appdata% stardew Valley folders after 1.9 crashed, and there were no error logs, only the save and a startup Pref file. I was able to install version 1.5, and it worked just fine. I did not try to change the launch overlay in steam, that seems to cause problems as well. I was able to use most mods too. The CJB Cheats menu mod however, said it required SMAPI 1.9 to work, of which 1.9 (and 1.8) does not, I get the error shown in a previous post above. I'll just stick to 1.5 and whatever mods will work there until someone can offer some kind of resolution to this.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.