1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Vanilla (No Mods) Serious Roleplay at Antares Roleplay!

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Reapereater, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Reapereater

Reapereater Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    https://www.antaresroleplay.com/

We are a highly dedicated serious roleplay whitelist community formed around Starbound in 2012! We do allow vanilla mods that benefit roleplay.
    [​IMG]
    What's Special About Us?
    • We have our own developed lore and that is constantly growing with our lore team.
    • We allow players the freedom to create within the boundaries of explained science fiction and fantasy.
    • Everything is controlled by players! This includes factions, groups, technology, and colonies!
    • We are a tight knit community that welcomes new members with open arms. We all have a love for Antares. Ask us questions and we'll help you get into roleplay!
    • Players and staff have a strong desire for quality control to ensure that nothing slips by that may hinder the roleplay of others.
    • We are a whitelist community. Our whitelist application is quick!
    What's the Server's Story?
    With the destruction of the Antares Frontier, it's inhabitants had to seek refuge in the Coalition's Reach, or Council Space. The Council is an organized group comprised of ambassadors from most of the known races that are allied with one another to control the sector. Now living in the fringe of governed civilization, the once lawless Antarans must now continue life under the radar of a sectorial government.
    [​IMG]

What's OUR story?
    I'm an administrator on Antares Roleplay named Smokestack. I've played on the server since 2014 and instantly fell in love due to the server's dedication to roleplay. A lot of drama definitely has caused the community trouble, much with change in staff and the falling out of our players resulting in a rival server. Since becoming administrator long ago, I've wanted to change the image of our server to make it once again accommodating.

Our staff team has since reunited the community and the playerbase from the two servers have merged. Changes to 1.0 have since been harsh on us since we are a younger team and has resulted in our server population being lower than before. Even with this being so, our playerbase is loyal and wish to see us grow once again with the help of new players.

We are now recovering and wish to see new players join us in our adventures in the Fringe!

Apply Today!

Haplap, kanipeach, pjeeeeeee and 3 others like this.
  2. Picky Yuuto

Picky Yuuto Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty much what Smoke said. If ya enjoy serious role-play it's not bad for the most part.

3. Liraxus

Liraxus Void-Bound Voyager

Antares is probably the one server I can rely on for some enjoyable RP, I've made over 10 characters on this server over the two years I've played on it, and I still have fond memories of events that occurred with my characters.

We're a close-knit community, we all know each other through either the server or the Discord chat we have set up, also remember that this server requires you be over 18, so we expect you to have proper grammar and an understanding of how RP works, though if you're rusty, and need assistance while RPing, we won't bite your head off or anything, we're more than willing to help iron out your ideas and put them to work as long as they

Another thing, our Lore is fully finished and changing to accommodate empty spaces and errors in the lore set down by Vanilla Starbound, a lot of it is relatively the same, we just filled in a good bit of holes and describe the races in better detail. The only race that had major changes are the Novakids, which were changed to be a more balanced mix between Bietol's original Novakid concept and Suika's original Anodyne concept, but I'm sure you will all enjoy it, your western Novakid should fit just fine.

Finally, we do not approve of ERP or overly adult content on the server, dark things can certainly happen on the server, we've had gruesome deaths, but anything involved in sexual activity is heavily disliked by the community, if you really need to do adult content, keep it to yourself, we're not a medium for that kind of stuff.

Please, do not be afraid to try out the server, it could be something you really like, as someone who was hesitant to join the server at first, this place has been a great experience for me, and it may be the same for you. :)

pjeeeeeee likes this.
  4. Hiighlander

Hiighlander Poptop Tamer

This is like if Starbound and D&D had a baby, and that baby grew up to become an english professor and wrote best-selling novels on inter-galactic relations.
    Best.
    Selling.
    Novels.

Would definitely recommend.

pjeeeeeee likes this.
  5. Retraceit

Retraceit Space Hobo

Can you add me steam name is sseferian ty

6. Grox100

Grox100 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ummm...im not sure if im supposed to wrie an endless-long desc. or something...
    I'll just give you my Steam name (Freemankiller) and the knowledge that i whold join :up:

7. 101titan101

101titan101 Space Hobo

I just started and I really want to do some multiplayer and fun stuff with others, I also really like roleplay, here is my steam info:
    Name: Dressed To Depress

8. starjrios100

starjrios100 Yeah, You!

9. Hypo101

Hypo101 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Do you guys have a voice chat to just hang out and chat while you play?

10. Hypo101

Hypo101 Subatomic Cosmonaut

steam name Hypo101 would like to join

11. LockeCasual

LockeCasual Space Hobo

My Steam name is LockeCasual or Interbinay, I'm not sure which is the name needed. I'd love to play this on a server and am familiar with roleplay.

12. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

what are vanilla mods?

13. tlbww

tlbww Void-Bound Voyager

I would love to join a vanilla server. I have x<0 experience with this game and want to see how it plays out normally.

14. tlbww

tlbww Void-Bound Voyager

How does one apply?

15. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

16. LostProbe

LostProbe Aquatic Astronaut

17. Haplap

Haplap Void-Bound Voyager

Apologies for any troubles on applying for the server, we should have made it clearer that you need to apply on our website. Once you're there, make an account and navigate to the applications tab on the hotbar. From there, it's an easy process to getting on our whitelist.

And just in case, here's another link for our website: https://www.antaresroleplay.com/

18. ThePuntato

ThePuntato Space Hobo

Waaait wait wait wait. Do we need to be 18 or older? If so, dammit. I'm rather mature, but i'm probably way to young for the server. :/

19. DrgnKakashi

DrgnKakashi Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would like to join: My Steam Name: Mr Barbecque

20. Grox100

Grox100 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If anyone red that, ah changed my mind. I ain't siggning up to some website again.