~Forum Game~ The Annual Chucklefish Hunger Games; but like Mad Libs

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Witch Cat, Dec 22, 2016.

?

Should the Hunger Games have a theme?

Poll closed Dec 24, 2016.
  1. No

57.1%
  2. Yes, a Christmas Theme

14.3%
  3. Yes, a Sci-fi Theme

28.6%
  4. Yes, [Other Theme, Specify in Thread]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know, I know, making a forum game out of a long forgotten movie may seem dumb but trust me, it'll be fun!

So, the gist of this game is simple! You, dear readers, will supply me with tributes and I will feed the names into a Hunger Games simulator which will then poop out some interesting scenarios. You can volunteer anybody you want! An actor, a God, a concept, even yourself! Get to see Donald Trump fight to the death with Aquaman! Or see Luke Skywalker impale your favourite actor! Truly limitless fun!

There are just some rules, though.
    1. You must supply me with a picture of your tribute (If you volunteer yourself, I'll just use your current profile picture.)
    2. While you can volunteer yourself, you may not volunteer someone else on this site without their permission
    3. Don't spam the thread with your tributes, let other's have a chance at writing in some names too. But you're still free to write in multiple tributes, just don't go over board with it.
    4. No redundancies.
    And that's pretty much it! There are 24 slots we have to fill before we can start. Once we do start, I'll read through the results of the Hunger Games simulator and write what happens on each day in this thread. Keep in mind all of this is randomised so I have no control over what happens.

Also! I'm going to have a quick poll to see if you guys would like to see me write this with a specific theme in mind. So for example, if we go with a Christmas theme, Male from District 12 will get 5 golden rings from a sponsor instead of water or whatever. You get the idea.

(I'm going to be rushing out a lot of these and pump them full of bad jokes when I can, so don't expect any award-worthy writing. I'm just doing this for some fun.)

That's all!
    [​IMG]

This honestly is more like a TV show than a game. The only interaction you really have is just supplying me with tributes. Once I have all the tributes, I feed the names into the Hunger Games simulator and it then poops out a bunch of randomised scenarios. And each scenario is divided into days. The first scenario is day one and every character will interact with something or someone, stuff like forging for food, attacking someone, etc. My job is just to update the roster to help everyone keep tabs on who's alive and who's dead. I'll also be screenshotting the results of every scenario/day that the simulator gives me and post it here with a little short story(-ish kinda) under it that basically parrots what the simulator is saying but with an attempt to craft an actual story with added details and jokes too. I'll keep doing this for every day and try to update it daily until we eventually have a winner!

"So," I hear you asking, "What do we do?" Well, your job is simple, you basically just read over the results of every day (the short one sentence long ones the simulator gives or my long ramblings) and you just... talk about it. Make bets, fool around, and stuff like that. If you really wanted to, you could help with the writing process, but it's mostly just having a laugh as you watch the Hunger Games unfold. You don't play as the tributes, but as the everyday Joes who sit around with the family to watch teens murder each other.

"This sounds like a horrible and boring idea!" you cry, well yeah I made it sound worse than it actually is because I'm living off of 3 hours of sleep and microwaved chicken nuggets. Lemme explain a bit of backstory too. I stole borrowed this idea from an RP forum I frequent. It became almost a tradition there to do this and it really helped stimulate the forums. That's what I'm hoping will happen here! Just a small little fun idea to get everyone together.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  2. Witch Cat

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  3. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

I volunteer!

Firebird Zoom and MilkCalf like this.
  4. Witch Cat

Our first volunteer seems very confident!
    [​IMG]

Firepaw Da Cat and Firebird Zoom like this.
  5. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  6. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

I'll tribute the insane chinese from "Community" ! Chang ! https://puu.sh/sYb6c/56d41141a8.jpg

...but I shall add, due to time zones, I may often miss out on posting in the same times.

7. Witch Cat

*noises of pure excitment* I'll add them shortly!

Firebird Zoom and Surenu like this.
  8. Charlatan

* purr excitement

No, no puns involved. Did you and MilkCalf speak of puns recently? Surely a coincidence. I must have made a typo.

Firebird Zoom and MilkCalf like this.
  9. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

That was completely meowningless.

Firebird Zoom, MilkCalf and Charlatan like this.
  10. Witch Cat

Oh fur sure that was a typo >>
    don't try to take my throne as pun king

Firebird Zoom and Charlatan like this.
  11. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hm. I'll play. I volunteer myself.

12. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Is it spam if I volunteer myself after adding a tribute? Because I sort of wanna be in this myself :3

Have an actual witch cat for compensation
    [​IMG]

13. Witch Cat

Where did you find pictures of my brother? You stalker...

Serious answer: No! Not at all! Everyone is free to write in multiple tributes! Just as long as you don't go overboard with it. You can write in 3 if you like, just not 30. (I'll also add you to the list soon!)

Firebird Zoom and Surenu like this.
  14. Witch Cat

[​IMG]
    Let's take a look at our cast so far! Seems like District 1 is a cats-only populous.

Firebird Zoom, MilkCalf and Surenu like this.
  15. Charlatan

*cackles* I hope more people join up already, this is starting to become a most promising madness!

16. Witch Cat

[​IMG]
    I made it better

17. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I really don't wanna go up against her, but she will definitely liven up the carnage: Aisaka Taiga.

[​IMG]

Firebird Zoom and Witch Cat like this.
  18. Witch Cat

Spots are filling up faster than I expected, maybe my first forum game will be a success! Honestly, a huge thanks to everyone who showed interest

Firebird Zoom, Charlatan and Surenu like this.
  19. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Just curious, how many spots are there?

20. Charlatan

Up to 48, according to what the magical cat said!
    That number seems tied to some factor multiplied by 12.
    I dont know the movies all that well.

But it must mean it is related to 12.