1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues/Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by mollygos, Dec 14, 2016.

1. drkylec

drkylec Space Hobo

Xbox one s, glad to see some of the fixes in play. I still get crashes like others on here. First happend after the first winter festival. I won the fishing contest placed a bunch of foraged items for shipment came to be about 5k again and then crash during the save. But at least the game doesn't seem to hang anymore.

• orx24

orx24 Intergalactic Tourist

Weird to hear about all these crashes still, i haven't crashed at all and I'm almost finished with spring.

• ThankOurTroops

ThankOurTroops Space Hobo

It still crashes when it saves! I lost an entire day's worth of progress AGAIN!!! I'm sure it will keep happening if I try it again. If I can even load that save file. The console ports should not have been released yet. Were they even tested?!

• ThankOurTroops

ThankOurTroops Space Hobo

So this is what we can expect from the console ports of Stardew Valley, huh? Save files will eventually die and we'll have to start over since no amount of patching is going to fix it. I feel bad for ConcernedApe. The game is amazing but he chose the wrong people to work on the ports. They need to be fired and he needs to find someone else who can handle it.

Goblobsters and OcarinaOfTom like this.
          • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I feel incredibly sorry for ConcernedApe - he's worked alone on Stardew Valley (PC version) for four years and has created a truly fantastic game which he's obviously put an awful lot of love into, yet these buggy console ports are creating a very bad name for the game. It must be incredibly frustrating and disheartening to see the game's name tarnished due to these buggy console ports (which, as a reminder, he didn't port himself).

What isn't helping during this bad phase is the severe lack of communication from Chucklefish regarding the ongoing bugs, whether they are being worked on, a rough ETA for fixes, whether or not they are actually thoroughly testing the console versions .......... etc. Chucklefish seem to mostly be in "don't talk to the customers" mode.

sarahweston likes this.
            • HoSDonJon

HoSDonJon Space Hobo

Came to report crashes, Year 2 Spring 7. Crashed on save, next day was wedding day, now the game wont even start up

ps. thanks for the efforts to get the game fixed, I know porting to console is a pain the more we report issues the sooner they get fixed

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
              • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I'm guessing that you're playing on the Xbox One ?

• OcarinaOfTom

OcarinaOfTom Poptop Tamer

There is no way these ports were tested. I got the game to crash inside of the first hour of game play on release day. Even if I hadn't, I have never been able to play for more than a couple of hours without a crash. I was just playing the game. Not doing anything special or crazy. You're telling me no one play tested this for even 2 or 3 hours? Now, magically, after the patch (I stopped on Winter 27 to avoid the day 28 bug) I played into year 2 a bit, went to load my game yesterday and am getting the save game just reloads the title screen bug. A 42 hour save file is now worthless. As is this entire disaster of a port. If I had purchased any physical good; a shirt, a piece of fruit, a suitcase and it had this many defects, I'd have been given a refund at the very least and most likely some sort of future considerations. But not here. All I get is disappointment and a broken product that I foolishly spent money on and can't even use as a paperweight. Completely worthless. Thanks for nothing, literally everyone involved in bringing this colossal failure to my console. But hey, you got the quick pre-holiday cash grab you were after, so it's cool right?

Goblobsters likes this.
                  • Starscollide

Starscollide Poptop Tamer

I'm on spring 14 year 2 myself. I know I'm gonna jinx myself here but so far I've not had a single crash. Here's to testing my luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orx24 and OcarinaOfTom like this.
                    • OcarinaOfTom

OcarinaOfTom Poptop Tamer

Well now you've done it. :p

• Starscollide

I know! Woe is me! But seriously though if people are still having issues like that then you have to wonder who the fault lies with. It has to be the guys who ported it. Let's hope they fix the remaining issues.

• Starscollide

I can't believe I'm on Spring 15 and it hasn't rained even once! I'm trying to get married here for god sakes!

• espeoni

espeoni Space Hobo

I'm playing on Xbox One, most recent patch as of time of posting this, just had a child with haley, little baby girl, and instead of the baby being in the crib it's out of bounds outside of the topleft room inside the house.

• Starscollide

Must be a void child.

Goblobsters likes this.
                              • Goblobsters

Goblobsters Hey, You!

This has been working for me as a workaround. I have been saving out every 2 to 3 days and closing the app and it has not crashed. This may be a workaround, but I do understand that it may be anecdotal.

• Goblobsters

Goblobsters Hey, You!

Nvm no sooner did I post this than have it crash the very first day I brought it up from a back out. These crashes are different than the pre patch ones. The pre patch crashes happened at the end of the sleep phase when it said " saving..." in the bottom left the post patch crashes happen before anything in the shipping bin is tallied.

• HoSDonJon

HoSDonJon Space Hobo

Yeah, a full reset of the system solved it. Annoying but thats it.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Good to know that you are able to continue playing. :)

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

It looks like the shipping bin may be playing a part - here's somebody's Reddit post with a suggested workaround (the comment to that also has another suggestion):

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...estion_to_minimize_save_crashing_frustration/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Ultimately we don't know whose fault the bugs are, but I do know that Chucklefish aren't exactly helping matters by not giving us daily updates on where things stand with the bugs.

I find it ridiculous that they don't even respond to individual bug reports. There's very little input from Chucklefish here, the vast majority of help has come from their own customers! We're helping each other as much as we possibly can.

What Chucklefish SHOULD have is a daily updated web page which lists the bugs by hardware platform with individual comments besides each bug - "acknowledged", "being worked on", "resolved", "included in next patch", etc. No doubt they have something they use in-house, but how about keeping the customers informed? It would be trivial to set up and to keep updated.

Goblobsters likes this.