Character Re-Customization Needed

Discussion in 'Other' started by BrendanatorX, Dec 22, 2016.

?

Hands up if you want this in the game!

1. *Puts hand up*

100.0%
  2. *Sits quietly*

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BrendanatorX

BrendanatorX Void-Bound Voyager

With the vast technological advances in Starbound at present, friendly barbers should be old news.
    Plastic surgery should be a thing of the past.
    There should be technology that allows its user to reconstruct their genes to allow for a different skin or hair color or to shape your hair the way you want it.

What's that? People don't even know what a haircut is? everyone looks the same forever?

Chucklefish, come on.. The universe needs diversity on a daily basis. Please allow us to re-customize our characters.

2. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

• A barber NPC at the Outpost: Pretty simple. Just a character that really stands out, I'm thinking wild ass neon pink hair with blow dryers and combs in it, who cuts hair for a fee and sells hair dye. Perhaps she/he could also sell exclusive hair colours and hair styles! There should also be a preview option once you make a selection. The NPC should be available to the player from the beginning, but only with a few selection of haircuts and colours at the start. The player would unlock more hairstyles the further they progress into the game. The list of possibly hair styles can be updated automatically or the player could instead find salon magazines around the universe which unlock them more hairstyles. Maybe as an added bonus the magazines could have silly articles in them to read.
    • Reassembly Pod: You know the thing in the Human and Glitch respawn animation? Well, how about having that as an item? Basically, I'm thinking you would craft this item with materials available to you late game, but not necessarily end game. Getting in the pod, you could then edit stuff other than hair and hair colour. Like skin colour, flower pigment, personality, etc. But as a sort of cost to use the pod, 10% of pixels the player has would be destroyed. Or maybe it could cost biosamples and phase matter, like the stuff the Mysterious Trader asks in return for a vault key.

Arra likes this.
  3. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

The last one could be available from the start by having it pre-placed in the ship.

4. Witch Cat

I like that idea better, but I think it's best if the players have to actually earn it. Perhaps it could be in the ship but it's broken down and can only be fixed with volium or something.

5. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Why should a merely cosmetic feature take so long to obtain?

6. Witch Cat

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just should. (Also I suppose for making the player feel accomplished and grateful when getting it, even if it wasn't that hard to get it)