1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues/Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by mollygos, Dec 14, 2016.

1. santiago76945

santiago76945 Seal Broken

FullSizeRender.jpg

sarahweston likes this.
    • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Thank you. Somebody needs to ask him why this info isn't being officially published online.

We also of course know that Chucklefish are reading this thread, so why no official updates from them?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
        Goblobsters and sarahweston like this.
      • mollygos

mollygos Former Staff

Hey everyone!
        The Xbox One patch is finally live! I'm sorry for the wait and the uncertainty on the ETA - thank you for bearing with us!
        I've updated the original post with the changelogs, but here they are for the sake of convenience:

– Performance improvements for periodic hitching and freezes.
        – Fixed Junimo harvesters not path finding.
        – Fixed About button (?) to be unclickable during main menu transitions.
        – Fixed crash when sleeping if you built a Junimo Hut and the Witch visits you.
        – Fixed a crash when sleeping that would prevent a player from advancing past year 1, day 28.
        – Moved in some HUD elements that were too close to the edge of the screen.
        – The LT and RT buttons can now be used to switch buildings in carpenter menu.
        – The shipping menu can now be closed by pressing the VIEW button.
        – The B button can now be used to close Grandpa’s letter.
        – B button now goes back one page when you’re in a specific bundle of the Junimo menu.
        – B button now returns a held item to your inventory in Bundle menu in the Community Center.
        – Made harvesting easier by also checking beneath the player when pressing the A button.
        – Cursor position will no longer affect item placement if it is currently invisible.
        – We now show the ground placement indicator for seeds, like other objects.
        – Fixed incorrect tool hit location in some situations.
        – X button can now be held down to auto-repeat while in menus.
        – Cursor will no longer interact with HUD menus if it is currently invisible.
        – Fixed toolbar becoming stuck partially transparent.
        – The VIEW button can now be used to advance the “Level Up” dialog.
        – Fixed some cases of the game becoming stuck after using “Exit to Title”.

orx24, MikesDemise, Typhoon and 3 others like this.
        • sarahweston

sarahweston Poptop Tamer

Thanks for the great news. Can't wait, gonna jump back on right now :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chanandler and mollygos like this.
          • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Thanks a lot Mollygos! Finally!

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I've just seen the first report of a bug remaining in the Xbox patch - in this Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/5jg4m2/xbox_update_is_live/

The user is baperuth and he states:

"still doesn't fix the bug where you go to load your file & it sends you back to the publisher/developer intro. couldn't be more pissed off right now"

as somebody has already suggested to him, could his file save be corrupted from an earlier game crash on the buggy version?

Also, message #3884 in this page on the Neogaf thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1190621&page=78

"Good news: It lets me sleep and finish my year.
              Bad news: It still crashes at the same spot in my farm 100%. I tried on 28 Winter and 1 Spring. "

Perhaps this is also a case of a corrupted save file?

If so, should Chucklefish perhaps be advising all Xbox players to start their farms again if they have experienced any previous crashes?

I remember in the early days of the PC release, if somebody had a corrupt save file they could send it to ConcerneApe and he would fix them all manually. Perhaps Chucklefish or Sickhead Games would be kind enough to do the same for anyone with corrupt Xbox save files? After all the hassle and delays that Xbox users have been through I feel that it's the least that they could do.

sarahweston likes this.
              • Antiva

Antiva Space Hobo

Thank you Mollygos! :)

sarahweston likes this.
                • chanandler

chanandler Void-Bound Voyager

In case anyone else is not seeing the update, close the game down (if it is running) then restart your XB1. Then open the game and the update should start automatically, like it just did for me :)

It's only 94MB so won't take long to get.

sarahweston and DynamiteBigB like this.
                  • Mad White Ox

Mad White Ox Intergalactic Tourist

Also happening to me. I'll make another post listing all the problems I've had along with what I've done for this specific problem that hasn't worked so the devs can see it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• chanandler

chanandler Void-Bound Voyager

After installing the patch, I can now proceed to year 2 :)

DynamiteBigB and Katzeus like this.
                      • AlexNishi

AlexNishi Space Hobo

Even after downloading the patch, I'm still not able to play it ! Right after loading up my file the game sends me back to the intro :( What should I do !? I have almost 60 hours on it T-T

• DynamiteBigB

DynamiteBigB Void-Bound Voyager

Thank goodness!! It was a pleasure complaining with all of you!! See you...never...because i will play this game until there is absolutely nothing else to do and the internet might be extinct by then...

• Antiva

Antiva Space Hobo

I'm trying to get the Xbox patch, and I'm getting this notification:"There was a problem with the update. Stardew Valley needs an update, but something went wrong." So instead of being stuck at the end of year one, I am now unable to play the game at all. :/

Is anyone else having this issue, and is there a way to resolve it?

• darkhalox

darkhalox Intergalactic Tourist

I would delete the game and re download it. I can't promise your save will still be there but it should be saved to the cloud.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Have you tried a hard reset of your Xbox One? Shut it completely down and then restart it.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
                                • Antiva

Antiva Space Hobo

I actually got it to work. :)

Happy farming everyone!

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I just had the same issue Antiva. It took an uninstall followed by a reset and then trying to install it again to get it to work. :)

It's a shame I leave for Christmas vacation tomorrow. I still have my PC version though.

• orx24

orx24 Intergalactic Tourist

Huh, looks like I was right about the patch. Great, can't wait to play.

• CantUpdate

CantUpdate Seal Broken

Would you mind sharing how?

I'm having this same problem and it's driving me nuts. :(

Tried hard reset, no luck. I don't want to uninstall since I'm not sure my saves will be recovered.

• Goblobsters

Goblobsters Hey, You!

Thank you. Have a happy holiday.