TV/Film Anime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crossfang, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Yeah but the unintended suggestion thing. I mean glad I could help I guess, you just caught me off guard was all.

Firebird Zoom and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  2. Lumina

Lumina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why Moe can work if done right. Hellsing Ultimate eat your heart out. You don't stand 1% vs this. LOL Sorry I will always rip on Hellsing Ultimate for being shovelware anime. xD

and from the people who brought above... a new chapter to Moe and Steel. Don't worry only a rice cooker was hurt in the production of this anime. They held a memoral for it after the first episode.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  3. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Yo yo yo! Anyone remember this thread? Well Guess what, I just finished watching Re:Zero and that show was whack. I'm thinking about starting another show now, but I have a lot of options and I'm not sure what to pick. I'm thinking one of the following might work:
    Watamote
    Occultic;Nine
    Oreimo
    Haruhi Suzumiya
    Toradora
    Chuunibyou
    Kiss x Sis

But yeah, that's just a few, but I'll probably pick one of those.

4. ArcanaZero

ArcanaZero Tentacle Wrangler

Hmm. Watamote seems to be a hit or miss with viewers. They either love it, or can't even finish it because they're cringing so hard. I haven't seen it myself, so I can't really speak from experience. I've heard a lot of good things about Haruhi Suzumiya and Toradora, and I'm not sure about the others.

5. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Toradora is very good, also ocultic 9.
    Kiss x sis is like hentai incest... you can watch it if you want.. no one else stopping you xD

6. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Hmm, looks like toradora is something people like. Is that what Kiss x sis is... I think one of my friends is gonna get a smack upside the head next time I see him.

Crossfang likes this.
  7. ArcanaZero

Yeah...I wasn't quite sure what Kiss x Sis was about, but I knew it definitely wasn't up my alley. It used to be on my list to watch, but I took it off after hearing about its plot in passing. It's definitely not my cup of tea.

8. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

The anime that I'm watching currently are:

(latest Eps)
    One Piece
    JBA 4

Just finished:
    Haikyuu (latest season , I recommend this anime)

Waiting for:
    Samurai Jack season 5
    Rick and Morty season 3
    Attack on Titan season 2

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  9. ArcanaZero

I haven't really watched anime at all recently. My list has been kind of piling up, and I haven't updated it in a while. So, I can't really recommend anything recent. Cowboy Bebop and Trigun are amazing classics that I'd recommend anyone to look into, if they haven't already seen it yet. I'm also really looking forward to season 5 of Samurai Jack. Speaking of which, I should probably rewatch 1-4.

Crossfang likes this.
  10. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Yeah , Trigun and Cowboy bebop are both great anime.
    I'm really excited to watch Samurai jack... I'm also curious who'll voice Aku , I hope it'll be close to Mako Iwamatsu's .

Oh yeah , I forgot to mention that I'm also hyped for the season 3 of Rick and Morty! Woooh!

[​IMG]

rhomboid and ArcanaZero like this.
  11. ArcanaZero

I need to finish season 2 of Rick and Morty, but, nonetheless, I can't wait for season 3.

Crossfang likes this.
  12. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Wait, Samurai jack is still a thing?

13. ArcanaZero

Yeah lol. It was announced some time back that they're making season 5 of it on Adult Swim to finally bring the series to a close, since it never got a proper ending. It seems like this season'll be good, but looks can be deceiving.

14. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Huh. I'll have to put that on my list. I seem to recall only seeing 2 episodes of it on cartoon network way back when.

Okay. I just wanna sneak this in real quick. Just watched Toradora episode 1. I just wanna toss in my first impressions of it and see how it holds up to my later impressions of it.

Not overly much to say, Ryo/ryu/whateverhisnameis is a real sweetheart and I kinda feel bad for him cause he's sorta stuck with a drunken mother and has a lot of wrong assumptions made about him. Ai is basically a bitch, but it seems like she'll probably develop as a character and they'll give good reasons as to why she's a bitch and maybe she'll change a little. As far as the other characters go, they didn't have a lot a screen time in the first episode which I suppose is fair since it's the first episode. Still I wouldn't consider myself a professional critic or anything like that, this is just what I thought of it.

ArcanaZero, Inf_Wolf14 and Crossfang like this.
  15. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

i watched kiss x sis :^)

Crossfang likes this.
  16. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Same here xD
    But that was Way back in my teens..

17. ArcanaZero

I don't know too much about Toradora, but I knew it was pretty well received and that the female lead is a tsundere.

18. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

I've seen all of Toradora through. I'll admit that for a tsundere character, Taiga (female lead), got on my nerves sometimes. But I can guarantee that it is worth watching to the end.

In the side note, I forgot about this thread, and I need some recommendations. Does anyone have any towards anything new?
    (If it's over a year and a half old, chances are I've watched it. :p)

19. ArcanaZero

I wish I could help, but I haven't seen anything recent. So, I guess I could use some recommendations, myself, if anyone has any.

20. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

If you have any specific genres you enjoy, I have a list and a 1TB harddrive of recommendations.