RELEASED (Work in progress) Characters re-imagined

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Harzelora, Oct 30, 2016.

1. eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Cute! Were you going to make a loose hair version too? I think I read that somewhere.

• Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

New :
      • I updated Sam and Penny ! You should download them again.
      I fixed some pixels in Sam's overworld sprites and made him seem taller in his portraits. I also changed Penny's blushing face.

• Harzelora

Thanks ! Yeah I said it some messages ago.:nod:
        But I won't do it right away. I want to take a break from working on Leah right now.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@Harzelora Leah looks adorableeeeeeeeee :3
          And Imma check Sam and Penny's update!!! :D

EDIT: I can't see Sam's portraits!!! The link gives me an error page!

• Harzelora

I'm glad you like her !

I haven't edited the images in "Finished portraits" yet. I think I'll stop uploading the images because once I'm finished, there will be more than 60 and idk if the website can handle that :mwahaha:
            Also, does anyone even check this category ? I feel like people don't. :unsure:

• Harzelora

Edit : Btw, I finished working on Vincent. I haven't released him yet but I have added him to the banner with all of the characters (1st message of the thread).
              Tell me what you think of him ! :iswydt:

Edit 2 : I also tweaked Sam's colors. He was too yellow tbh ! I'll release the final version once I'm done with the family.

• Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

I do. ^^ But there are a few more very good portrait-artists around, so I have to do some cherry-picking. :D

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@Harzelora Are you teasing us to an adorable looking VINCENT in the FRONT PAGE????!!!! Because he LOOKS ADORABLE!!!!
                  I haven't changed his portrait because I just LOVE those humongous cheeks that he has (which most people seem to dislike, poor boy!)

Harzelora likes this.
                  • Harzelora

Heh heh ! You got me. I love teasing (・ωー)~☆
                    I'm very pleased with how he turned out.

2.png

I'm too lazy to start working on an alternate version at the moment. Maybe i'll make you one later :nuruwink:
                    I don't hate his humongous cheeks. Actually, I used to be like him when I was a kid. My cheeks weren't that big though. I find his cheeks a tiny bit un-realistic.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
                      Karmylla likes this.
                    • Harzelora

19th of December news
                      • I finished Vincent's portrait and overworld sprites
                      • I finished Jodi's portrait
                      I plan on releasing them after I'm done working on Sam and Kent.
                      [​IMG][​IMG]

Edit : 'Just realised the teasers make it seem as if Jodi is mocking poor Vincent.
                      I love it.

Karmylla likes this.
                      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@Harzelora I love them! Gonna download them right away!!!! :D

EDIT: I'm stupid. Welp, gonna wait for Sam and Kent has well! Take your time :D

Harzelora likes this.
                        • Harzelora

Thanks ! That gave me a good chuckle :rofl:

• Harzelora

23th of December
                            • "Bad Boy" Sam (with the mullet) is now the default version of Sam. I made him part of the "Jodi, Vincent, Kent and Sam.zip". The "Regular" version has been re-named as the "Good boy" version and is available as a separate download.
                            The new files include :

• New portraits for Kent, Jodi and Vincent
                            • New overworld sprites for Kent, Jodi and Vincent
                            • A tweaked, less yellow color scheme for Sams' Portraits and overworld Sprites (Default version and "Good Boy" version)
                            Sam.gif

• The "Pierre.zip" file contains 2 versions for Pierre.
                            Leave a comment and tell me wich one you prefer ! :nuruwink:

OpenMe256.png

DOWNLOAD↴

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
                              Karmylla likes this.
                            • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Personally, I prefer the alt of Pierre. There's just something about that pixel on the left side of his iris that freaks me out a bit. :unsure:

Harzelora likes this.
                              • Harzelora

23th of December bis
                                • I fixed some pixels in Vincent's sprites ! His walking animation looked wonky. You should re-download the file if you downloaded it already. This only concerns like 4 people.
                                • I changed Regular Pierre's eyes. Thank you, nichili, for making me realise the eyes looked weird. You can re-download the file if you downloaded it already. This only concerns like 5 people.

I fixed it the regular version. Do you like it better ?

Mini-Update.gif

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
                                  Karmylla likes this.
                                • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

They all look so good, hunf! And Vincent looks sooooooooooo cuteeeeeee, Imma hug this baby boy FOREVER!
                                  And I agree with @nichili but more on the sense that Pierre seems to have bigger eyes than all the other characters. It might just be him, some people do have bigger eyes, and I do like how you've fixed his Alt version. He looks smashing :p

Harzelora likes this.
                                  • Harzelora

Thanks ! <3 Actually, I changed the regular version.
                                    I like to think that his eyes appear to be bigger because he has hyperopia.

The Alt version was my first try but when I placed it next to the other characters he just appeared like a giant compared to them. And thus was born the Regular version.
                                    Since I made his face smaller, the eyes appear to be bigger... Life is though. :rofl:

Edit : I just read that hyperopia can be caused by a direct blow in the face.
                                    Boxers can suffer from it.
                                    Hyperopia Pierre is my new headcannon. That might even be the reason why he had to stop boxing. So immersive ! :nuruflirt:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
                                      Acerbicon likes this.
                                    • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

I do actually! He looks fabulous. Also thanks for that, hyperopia Pierre is my new headcanon as well. :rofl:

Harzelora likes this.
                                      • Harzelora

26th of December
                                        • Abigail, Caroline and Pierre's portraits have been revised.
                                        • I finished Pierre and Abigail's new overworld sprites !
                                        • I released the "Abigail, Pierre and Caroline.zip" file. It contains Abigail, Pierre and Caroline's portraits and overworld sprites.
                                        • If you want to use Caroline's variants instead of the default "pigtails" one, you'll have to download the "Variants of Caroline.zip" file

Acerbicon and Cemo like this.
                                        • aubuyn

aubuyn Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there! Is there a variant file for Abigail? I love love love the version with the natural lip color, and I see images for it on page 3, but I can't find a download for it...

Also, I just want to say that I love your work, and I admire/appreciate the amount of time you put into these portraits. They're amazing.