Building/Ship Show off your house :D

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheVulcanKId, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Shadow20218

Shadow20218 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In the asteroid layer it was simply easier at the time, and more convenient for building as at the time we still had heating which made it difficult for construction.

2. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

Just because space efficient farms are kind of boring ...
    20161128151907_1.jpg
    20161128151933_1.jpg 20161128151948_1.jpg 20161128152008_1.jpg
    I made an artificial biome instead.

Also I changed some colouring around for the whole thing to match the outpost furniture I tend to overuse.

Edit: Added in some shots with a closer zoom.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Dharkaron, 128th, Exilyth and 17 others like this.
  3. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 10.38.42 AM.jpg
    Cropped to the best of my ability :/
    I think I might make a separate thread for this rather than just posting screenshots every time I add something

4. ODST 4900

ODST 4900 Pangalactic Porcupine

Nah, thats the fun of this thread!

5. moremuffin

Had a few ideas today so I modified and added a few areas.

A set of rooms for any tenants I decide to add later.
    20161130152725_1.jpg
    A break room and medical bay.
    20161130152734_1.jpg
    And what I like to think of as R&D.
    20161130152744_1.jpg

6. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

7. ODST 4900

Looks like you've come back to Starbound Building with a vengence! It looks fantastic!

8. Unikram

Unikram Industrial Terraformer

I just remade one of these Ruined Tower buildings found on Lush and Forest biomes ^-^
    20161201202139_1.jpg

9. Squaky

Squaky Pangalactic Porcupine

Part of a starport I'm working on and will probably never finish. The shuttles were by some guy on deviant art and I just modded them in as decorative objects. 20161202002032_1.jpg 20161202002628_1.jpg

Rakhox, Dharkaron, oaweb and 12 others like this.
  10. Nearby

Nearby Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, you mentioned that you used admin commands to spawn in the nanolathe. Out of curiosity, what was the name for it? I tried using /spawnitem nanolate and it only gave me a generic item. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Cool builds by the way!

11. Shadow20218

Shadow20218 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually 3 of the textures shown are actually from Frackin Universe and feature full flight and gun capabilities. Just wanted to point that out. The protectorate one was actually removed from the Frackin Universe crafting schematics for some reason. The silver one with a yellow window is still craftble and the one on top of the tower labeled with a '2' is still craftable.

By the way, nice build. We really like the attention to industrialism in the support structures.

12. Squaky

Squaky Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks. I didn't know that he'd actually included them in FU. He said on deviant art that they were free to use but that he had moved on to doing stuff for FU, didn't realise that he'd actually used them in the mod. I'm not a fan of the backgrounds in FU so haven't downloaded it for 1.0. Plus I wanted to have different scaled versions to create the impression of distance, and they also needed to work as background objects for the same reasons.

13. moremuffin

Simply activating admin will make the nanolathe show up in the standard crafting menu since it overrides the racial lockout for it.

14. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

This whole thing is reeeeaaalllly cool but the thing that jumps out the most is how you painted the columns. They look circular, which is really cool. Everything else is great too lol

Squaky likes this.
  15. Nearby

Nearby Void-Bound Voyager

Huh, hadn't checked that, thanks for the help.

16. ODST 4900

Finally Got back to building, (Good to be back at it)

So it begins with some barns and farms, this ones for Standard Fluffalo.
    I'd post the barn for the Mooshi and Chickens, but i think it needs reworked in the roofing department.

But yeah, still need to make some actual crop farms though....

20161203001839_1.jpg

17. moremuffin

I got tired of going moons for fuel all the time.
    20161203161531_1.jpg
    The Erchius Ghosts are an interesting mechanic at first but after a while they just feel like they're getting in the way of exploring more interesting places.

The wiring for it in case anyone's interested.
    20161203162444_1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    exocosmic, Ralek, MrToni300 and 10 others like this.
  18. ODST 4900

Yeah, kinda wish there was a way to cleanse a moon and to get one that doesn't have twenty thousand meteors and asteroids landing on them.

Back on track, is that a vanilla technique or something the mod can do? (water to erchius)

Parrotte likes this.
  19. moremuffin

Liquid conversion is something that works in the vanilla game it just requires the control of extremely small amounts of liquid entering another to convert to the larger mass. It technically works with any liquid entering any other liquid but some are more problematic than others since sometimes in spite of all your control measures the source liquid will corrupt the conversion tanks. The main troublemakers are viscous liquids like oil and special liquid interactions like lava and water. They will still convert properly but they need different approaches.

Viscous liquids are the reason for both the second button and the gap between the tanks, since if the game lags and a tank empties too much before the gate closes it's very likely that tank will start filling up with water. The second button functions as something like a lower gear that opens the floodgates less frequently to not overwhelm viscous liquids, while the gap between the tanks uses other tanks to level out any tank that empties too quickly.

In the matter of lava and others like it though, there's not much you can do except keep an eye on it and stop operations to clean up any blockage created.

In the event that it gets too out of control to clean up easily, that's why the switch on the right is there, to completely purge the tanks and start from scratch.

20. ODST 4900

*not gonna lie, that felt like a chemistry lesson there*

Well, The more you know.
    Though i don't think i'd ever do that, something quite serene about racing across a moon from a invulnerable demonic presence trying to drain my life away...