RELEASED Minakie's Mods

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Minakie, Nov 5, 2016.

?

Which running up/down animation do you prefer? (pick 1 up and 1 down pls)

1. Running down - vanilla shadow

42.5%
  2. Running down - expanding shadow

22.5%
  3. Running up - vanilla shadow

32.5%
  4. Running up - expanding shadow

10.0%
  5. Running up - vanilla shadow + shadow matching the running down

30.0%
  6. Running up - expanding shadow + shadow matching the running down

17.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

is it the little boots on top of the cabinet, the bottle, trash can, or the cutting board

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

The "little boots" are from the vanilla game. I just left them there because they fitted with the cluttered vibe I was trying to achieve.

And no, it's not the bottle, trash can or cutting board. Those are all also from the vanilla game, just something I scavenged out of the towninterior file.

I noticed that's what most people did for their kitchen mods too and now I know why. The reason why this mod took so long is because I wanted to pixel my own stuff. But there are several things I pixeled that didn't make it into the final version because they were just too big. I didn't realize how hard it was to pixel at this scale until now. Even graphics for RPG maker are 2x-3x bigger than stuff on AA.

Good thing Easter eggs are small though... or are they? X3

That would depend on why you want it. Also, if it is to look for the Easter egg, how would you be sure I didn't alter the files? :p

[​IMG] --> So this doesn't count as the .png? Oh well...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
      • Coolwyngs

No I like your kitchen but I am using mushfae's Witchy-Gothic buildings and a custom bed so I would like to recolor your kitchen to match.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

You lost me hahaha. If you want to recolor them, by all means. That's how I got into making my own mods in the first place so no objections. However, after you recolor it, you'll have to repack it back into .xnb again, right? So I'm assuming you also know how to extract the .xnb yourself? Or do you want me to compact everything again after you're done?

Also, which .png do you think would be the best for you, Beige or Chocolate? Or both?

• Coolwyngs

No I do not and I can not get the program. I would love it if you would. I usually have to ask someone on here too do that part.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Here you go. But only 'cause I'm a fan of mushfae's work, otherwise I wouldn't do it. jk
              Do you need me to extract the files from the Witchy buildings as well?

Attached Files:

• Coolwyngs

no I have those thank you.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Happy recolors then. Let me know when you want me to merge it back for you. ;)

p.s: It's getting late here, if I don't reply right away it's because I went to bed and you'll have to wait until tomorrow.

• Coolwyngs

Okay it will probably take me a few days to do this. I am not that fast.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Sure you are, you just don't know it yet.

I use both Ms Paint and Aseprite and here's what I do:
                      - select the "color selector" tool and left click on a color I want to change
                      - select the "color selector" tool again and right click the color I want to be the new color
                      - select the eraser and mouse over the area where I want to swap the colors, while holding the right mouse button

I think that works with most image editing programs. I hope it helps.

(So no, I did not manually recolor 40 dressers one by one... which is actually how I would've done it a few years ago to be honest xD)

• Coolwyngs

I use Gmp. I can work on a sprite for ten minutes at a time before I need to rest my eyes for about 30 minutes.

• Coolwyngs

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Attached Files:

• junimods

junimods Pangalactic Porcupine

Minakie, that's my oven mitt, since you said you couldn't find the creator. I'd prefer you didn't use it since I will be using it in my own kitchen mod. :/ <3

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

It's a cute glove so you're one of the people I suspected it could be from. :p

I have a medical appointment today to start a risky treatment ('cause it's either that or surgery).
                            I'll try to change it today but, if I can't for some reason, the mod will be updated by tomorrow at the latest.

• junimods

junimods Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you, hope everything goes well!

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

The mod has been updated. :)
                                The treatment went well and I'm a bit better already even though I still need 3 more sessions. I just hope the benefits will last on the long term. *fingers crossed*

@Artemis:
                                I attached a folder for you to use. It includes SMAPI 1.4, SeasonalBuildings 1.3.0 (a new update may be coming out soon) and Elle's buildings. Basically, all you need to make the buildings work. (Also added Elle's Junimo Huts mod as a bonus and a backup of the original file).
                                Since it's a mod that requires SMAPI, the only thing you need to do from now on is launch your game from the StardewModdingAPI.exe from now on. You might want to add it to your anti-virus exceptions, some mark it as a false positive. You can still run your game from the Stardew Valley.exe normally, but then the mod won't run.
                                If you want to instal any other mods and have trouble with it, don't hesitate to ask. ;)

One tip though: that mod goes into the Mods folder, since it doesn't actually change any game files, you can easily swap between the modded game and vanilla. BUT if you ever want to install a mod that actually changes any game files, always backup the original file by renaming it to "something.xnb.backup"[​IMG]

Edit:
                                Added Chest Label System for SV1.1, Enemy Health Bars 1.7 and Show Item Sell Price 1.5 to the folder as well.
                                Also added an optional folder with some animals in case you want to give them a try (and, ofc, a backup of the vanilla animals).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
                                • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Update:
                                  Horses​

I decided to upload all my horses into 1 single page rather than having them scattered around.

You can now download them from this page instead of the old ones.

[​IMG]

I have more recolors planned, but I’m not sure when I’ll release any of those, since I am also working on a furniture mod simultaneously.

mari3000, mio36 and wert700 like this.
                                  • mio36

mio36 Subatomic Cosmonaut

@Minakie is there a way I could recolor some of the things to be spoopy? like a light orange ; 3 ; also how do I do that

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

In order to change the files, you need to extract the .xnb files into a .yaml + .png using XNB-Node, then you edit the .png and use XNB-Node to merge the 2 files back into .xnb.
                                      Just tell me what you'd like to recolor. I'll extract the .png for you to edit and, when you're done, you send me the .png back and I'll merge it for you. ;)