1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED UniGen - Modular Universe Generation Overhaul 1.1

A more interesting universe

1. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

2. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Markelius updated UniGen - Modular Universe Generation Overhaul with a new update entry:

1.1 Oceans Fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

Would it be possible to make the Rare Systems module compatible with TrueSpace?

4. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

A very intriguing mod to make late-game MUCH less bland, and allows visits to "favorite" planet types to still be profitable at endgame. I'll try tossing this in my obscenely-large list of mods, and see how it works alongside FU and a few other universe tweakers, and get back to you with any odd results!

5. rafaellouy93

rafaellouy93 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In my universe, there's too many t6 planets. Can't find lower tier planets to safely gather materials. is this normal?

6. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I'm sort of gathering up different mods that mess with systems, planets, and satellites. I want everything to play well together... more or less. With that in mind.

Yes that is possible. The thing that isn't directly compatible(depending upon load order) is Rare Systems. This mod is manual install only aka /mods/ where as Truespace is workshop only(so sad). The workshop mods load after what we have in /mods/ and Truespace does things in an unfortunate manor.

Code:
    {
        "op": "replace",
        "path": "/systemTypeBins",
        "value": [
          [-0.60, "ClassBStar"],
          [-0.50, "ClassAStar"],
          [-0.30, "ClassFStar"],
          [-0.10, "ClassGStar"],
          [0.00, "ClassKStar"],
          [0.15, "ClassMStar"],
          [0.30, "ClassLStar"]
        ]
      },
    So that means it will toss out your rare systems.

Now we can fix that pretty easy with a small addition to the metadata file

Code:
    {
      "author" : "Markelius",
      "dependencies" : [],
      "description" : "Adds a number of rare systems that can spawn in the Starbound Universe based on real astronomy. These include White Dwarfs, Black Holes, Neutron Stars, Rogue Planets, Brown Dwarfs, and Blue Supergiants. /nBugfixed by isaac as THE HONEY BADGER",
      "friendlyName" : "UniGen - Rare Systems",
      "includes" : [ "TrueSpace" ],
      "link" : "http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/authors/markelius.332394/",
      "name" : "UniGen - Rare Systems",
      "steamContentId" : "",
      "version" : "1.0"
    }
    That should be all it will take. Unlike required, isn't a problem to not have the mods under included. They're totally optional but if present, the mods under included will be loaded sooner - even if not both /mods/ or workshop.

But I might note that there is a little overlap. For example they have a "browndwarf" but not under the same namespace. They call it "ClassLStar" and have also provided a browndwarf.png file. But that's okay because you won't cause a conflict with this. The important thing is this should work, and involves next to no effort.

7. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Welp, it would appear that Star Classes is causes the ship to continuously fly, and crashes upon Save and Exiting.

Probably because of one of my other mods, or my PC, but still.

8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I'm guessing what you're reading isn't an actual in-game star. I think you're seeing a C++ error.
    But anyhow go ahead and post the log if you like. That way we'll know. preferably under a code and/or spoiler tag.

9. DerwandelndeTod

DerwandelndeTod Void-Bound Voyager

I will try this. brb.

and two things: I'm guessing I'll probably need to backup and delete my univere?

and does it change the names of the new rare systems (aka NS Class for neutron, X-class for black hole)

10. DerwandelndeTod

alright, that did absolutely nothing. truespace still dominates the universe.

(and sor some reason SB crashes if you deactivate it)

11. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

You don't need to delete any Universe. What you need to do is go where the universe hasn't yet generated.

I expect it might crash when definitions it relies upon have been removed. And it relies upon them because it generated something - which runs counter to your claim it did nothing. Just keep looking.

12. Toa_Derax

So, how rare are the rare systems? Because I have yet to see anything yet.

13. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

You know I think you guys are right about not seeing anything, but I also think they're generating... just not displaying. I believe rare systems is incomplete. There is no interface/cockpit/cockpit.config.patch file and I think it would really need that so the systems would show on the cockpit interface!

I believe that solves the mystery. I might whip up a file for that later. Well this isn't my mod though.

14. Toa_Derax

Well, after looking for a good hour or so, I found More Binary and Class L stars than I could count, and exactly 1 Rogue Planet and 1 Class MIII Red Giant, right next to eachother. So, some do appear, but this was lightyears away from my coordinates. Within a 2000 unit area around 0,0.

Not a single Accretion Disk or Neutron Star, though.

15. DerwandelndeTod

Nice. I hope you manage it. this mod really is something.

would it be possible to rename the classes to something more fitting though? truespace classes them as G F M L A and B, and "class O Supergiant" or "Blue star" are a sore in the eye, so maybe you could rename the classes to something like "Class N Star" for Neutron star or "Class X Star" for black holes

I think you misunderstood, I installed it like you said, added the definition to the file, and what you said above happened. I looked around for about half an hour and only saw TS systems.

I then uninstalled truespace (I had a mod that relies on it, that's why it crashed) it worked, but I don't think I can ever play without it again. the planet colors, the cleanliness of the stars, the class names, etc, are such great additions.

16. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

17. bluesaka111

bluesaka111 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

can you add a collapsed planets (only a solid core remain) and rogue stars?

18. bluesaka111

bluesaka111 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

19. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Been a lurker for a while, this one really ticks my interest...

Questions if I may... Does this require a new universe or can I just step to somewhere a bit far and then the universe will generate itself? Another question, Is installing this a one-way process? As in, it wouldn't be safe to uninstall the mod in a save. Just in case, I just like to know.

Thanks!

20. thestrong

thestrong Void-Bound Voyager

is this mod copatable with the steam version?