RELEASED Elle's Old Seasonal Building Replacements [Updated 3/26/18 for Content Patcher]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by junimods, Nov 22, 2016.

1. junimods

junimods Pangalactic Porcupine

Notice: This set no longer uses Seasonal Immersion, it has been changed over to use Content Patcher!

This is my first set of buildings, and I have since released a new set! You can find them on Nexus! <3

These have also been updated for Content Patcher as of 3/26/2018:

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD
    There are three different versions:
    1) a seasonal set with decorations for Halloween and Christmas (shown above)
    2) a seasonal set without those decorations
    3) a set that doesn't change with the seasons

Whichever set you choose, the installation process is the same!

Installation:
    1. Install the latest version of SMAPI (v2.5.4+ required).
    2. Install the latest version of Content Patcher (v1.3+ required).
    3. Choose one folder and unzip it into \Stardew Valley\Mods\.
    4. Run the game using SMAPI!​

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
      xbukimina, Keychain, netish and 53 others like this.
    • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I am so glad these are finally out and organized on a thread where I can actually write a decent review (Tumblr's character limit was killing me).

Up until now, I've been using Eemie's Modern Medieval Buildings. I started with just the house, barn, coop, well, stable and silo. As she updated the mod, I eventually added the slime hutch and now the mill. And I LOVE that mod to pieces. As I love several other building mods out there. There are so many good modders with great content out there, that the hard part is choosing which mods to use.

But I always tried to mod my game to make it more realistic and lately I've been thinking... if I had that farm in real life, there is NO way all my buildings would match like that. In real life, buildings don't match. They don't all have the same color.

And that (along with the seasons update) is one of the reasons I am so fond of Elle's buildings and will start using them instead from now on: all the buildings are lovely, but they all have different colors. That way, I won't end up with a farm where all the buildings look the same, but they'll all still have the same style.

It was really fun to follow the progress of these on Tumblr, and follow-up on their development as they evolved and came to life.

Your work is absolutely amazing, Elle. As always.
      And I am glad the slime hutch is still purple. I really like it.
      I also like that you converted the tower obelisks into Narnia doors. :up:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
        RoastedCoconutz, Ardalis and Auryin like this.
      • junimods

Thank you very much for the thoughtful post, Minakie. <3

Sorry it took so long to post them. :)

• sooan

sooan Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for great mod! But sadly I saw error message when I launched game, and I still saw vanilla version of buildings.
          I attached screenshot of error message, and mod's location.
          I pasted 'seasonlabuildings-v1.2.4xna' first, and pasted all files in the 'contentpack'.
          If I missed some part while installing, please let me know.
          thanks!
          ps. If I just copy and paste zip, I see even longer error message :( so sad
          Untitled.jpg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
          • junimods

Sooan, you are supposed to put the ContentPack.zip into the SeasonalBuildings folder, not extract it. :) Sorry if that was unclear. I'll edit the post to clarify.

Unfortunately v1.2.4 of the mod doesn't seem to be working anyway (at least for me), so I suggest using the XNBs for now. <3

• sooan

sooan Void-Bound Voyager

ps.
              ok! thank you!! I`ll use xnb one instead :)
              (and I also saw error message too when I put zip file. So I just tried make different lol)

• kerstinsson

kerstinsson Scruffy Nerf-Herder

By far the best housing mod I've seen. Everything fits in the game but make it all look personal and on another level. This together with seasonal buildings is just :love:

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

The SeasonalBuildings mod has been updated and I can happily confirm that the buildings are now working. :confirm:
                  No more need to keep using the XNBs as a back-up plan, now we can have it all! :DD

[​IMG]

• junimods

Yes, I just saw!! :) The XNBs are still there for those that want them, but the mod seems to be working perfectly now. Let me know if you all notice any issues with the buildings themselves.

• manzaralol

manzaralol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

someone can help, i didnt got it how to install it, the house gonna change automatic ?

• manzaralol

idk what i am doing wrong, i did place the zip folder inside of seasonal mod folder, i didnt unzip it, then i did replace all 'non' seasonal archivies in my game folder building and did replace it, thought it would work, but i am getting a error event on smapi

• junimods

Hmm, did you download the newest version of the Seasonal Buildings mod, Manzaralol? It just released this morning.

• manzaralol

ok i solved the problem, i deleted the folder building and downloaded it by steam again and done THANKS SO MUCH love this house !

• manzaralol

i tought i need to to use "non seasonal building first. thats why i got the problem !

• rafaellouy93

rafaellouy93 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wonderful mod! Best housing mod so far. I love the details on every buildings. Good job!

--Is it possible for you to make a smaller silo? Vanilla and most silo mods are kinda tall and tall silos are kinda annoying and disturbing to my eyes.

• junimods

Glad you got everything sorted, @manzaralol . :)

@rafaellouy93 , I might make some updates/alternatives in the future, unfortunately I will be pretty busy during the holiday season so I can't make any guarantees. You can use another silo with this though, with the seasonal mod you just need a Silo.png in each folder of the ContentPack.

Minakie and rafaellouy93 like this.
                                  • RainCloudsOnTheMoon

RainCloudsOnTheMoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this mod so much!

I'm just a bit unclear as to how to download and install?

How do you install the SMAPI version? I've got the folder for the SeasonalBuilding mod in the Mods folder, but can you move each folder from the XNB download (Spring, summer, fall, and winter) into the SeasonalBuildings folder? Does that work?

I'm asking cause I can't figure out how to move the SMAPI zip folder into the SeasonalBuilding folder...

Sorry, I'm not super tech savvy. :c

• junimods

No worries, @RainCloudsOnTheMoon!! For the SMAPI version you only need the ContentPack.zip. You'll want your install to look like this:

[​IMG]

The XNB version is for anyone that doesn't want to use SMAPI, in which case they will put the XNBs in the typical folder.

Minakie and RainCloudsOnTheMoon like this.
                                      • RainCloudsOnTheMoon

RainCloudsOnTheMoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ugh, thank you! That makes sense. I use WinRAR also to extract mods, but I can't figure out how to move the file without extracting? Like I literally have no option for it? I can't cut/copy and paste, I can't move file, or anything else... The only option I can find is Extract To. Any google searching also pulls up nothing, and I've been searching for like 20 minutes.

why is winrar so obtuse omg ._.

• junimods

Hmm, I also use WinRAR, I just opened my "Elle's Seasonal Building ContentPack.rar" file and dragged out the ContentPack.zip no problem.

In the OP when I said "don't extract it", I mean don't extract the ContentPack.zip itself. The "Elle's Seasonal Building ContentPack.rar" is meant to be extracted. :) I am.... pretty bad at explaining things, sorry! :rofl:

Minakie and RainCloudsOnTheMoon like this.