RELEASED Taco Bones: Item+Crop graphics (over 30 itens done!)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Boneberry, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

It looks nice but I liked your juice bottle better than the juice box. It looks more realistic in a bottle if it was made on a farm.

Cemo likes this.
    • Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

Uh oh, looks like there's a transparency issue?

[​IMG]

• Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Yeah....

• Boneberry

Boneberry Space Spelunker

... *headdesk*

And I checked this like, thrice...

Fixing it right now, brb!

Ruevian likes this.
          • Boneberry

Alright, fixed that issue. Sorry, everyone... e____e'

Ruevian likes this.
            • Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

Hey, found another little graphical glitch I thought you might want to be aware of. Looks like your melons might be a bit wide for the sprite sheet. Got some stray pixels!

[​IMG]

Zalkyria likes this.
              • Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

In love with this and the furniture set you got going! Can't wait until it's all completed. Sometimes all you need in a game to spice things up is a graphic change :3

• Boneberry

Wow, thanks again! D: Gotta fix that now.
                  EDIT: FIXED. :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
                    Ruevian likes this.
                  • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

These really do please my aesthetic needs. Do you have plans on revamping all of the crops at one point?

• stephanreiken

stephanreiken Pangalactic Porcupine

I didn't test it from my understanding crops can't grow in winter even if you set them to allow it. There is a hardcoded bit that prevents it.

• Boneberry

Until I get a better view of each and get more experience in coding, it'll stay like this for now. I'll update this from time to time, for now I'm working on some craftables and might make a better version of, say, the tomato and starfruit.

Thanks for letting me know (I learned about the hard coding the hard way). Still, I might look into that when I got the time.

• stephanreiken

Someone did do a fix, by making the farm count as a greenhouse so the hardcoded bit wouldn't fire. The all crops all seasons mod.

• stephanreiken

I've gotten a request to make your mod compatible with mine here.

If you want, it would be a simple merging of the graphics files, and you could make yours inherently compatible with mine by just adding my modded items to the graphics, modified or not as you like.

Snarkypie and eemie like this.
                            • Boneberry

Sorry for the absence, I was looking through the code and headbanging. I'll refresh my head before I can actually make something of this and the Fairy Rose thing (something worked, and the other thing didn't).

Okay, I'll send you a DL of the sheets I've done. I've got a new item I'm testing as well, but not releasing it for now as I'm testing this, too.

On a side note, I did some craftables. Will be posting later.

[​IMG]

Snarkypie, zyymurgy, Zalkyria and 2 others like this.
                              • Boneberry

Alright, craftables released! The DL should be working, and also uploaded the item and crop previews on IMGUR.

eemie likes this.
                                • Coolwyngs

would you add a .png of your craftables. I do like some others ones the sailor scarecrows and purple craftables that I recolored. I do like your braziers a lot.

• Boneberry

Here you go.

Attached Files:

eemie and Coolwyngs like this.
                                    • Coolwyngs

Thank you so much Boneberry. You are most kind.

Boneberry likes this.
                                      • Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Soooo... Why did you make the coconut look like an apple exactly?

Like most byproducts of a plant's reproduction process (fruit, nuts, etc.) coconuts are only green and smooth while they are growing. Once matured they grow a thick almost "hairy" outer shell and begin to turn brown until they fall from the tree.
                                        And since the only coconuts you find in the game have already fallen off their trees, the vanilla sprite is like, 100% more accurate. Not to mention almost nobody would recognize your sprite as a coconut (just saying).

• Cemo

Cemo Phantasmal Quasar

It's very recognizable as a coconut. That's how they look in Animal Crossing as well.

Orion and Dog, Meevers and eemie like this.