RELEASED NPC Map Locations Mod 2.2.2

Shows NPC locations on map. Uses a more accurate map page for more accurate tracking!

Tags:
  1. Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Hi, the latest SMAPI (SMAPI 1.0) should be compatible with Linux.
    I am currently updating the mod and working on fixing bugs, has been slow since I've been busy.

• raptorbacon

raptorbacon Intergalactic Tourist

Hi hi~ I do have the latest version of SMAPI that works with Linux and so far so good yaaay. I wasn't sure if this mod in particular worked with Linux or updates needed etc. I did try it and upon pressing tab once the map was open nothing happened. I assumed it may not work for Linux or updates etc. are needed. I'll wait for the update and try again.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
      • Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

I am currently making changes to the mod in order to make it compatible for Linux. It should be ready soon! I'm just testing to make sure there are no issues when I release it :) I may send you a DM to ask you to test the Linux version if that's okay with you.

• raptorbacon

raptorbacon Intergalactic Tourist

Absolutely, I'm happy to help.

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

v1.42 Update

[​IMG]

Extra Settings
            - Show hidden villagers
            Hidden Villagers will now be shown on the map with their markers dimmed. Hidden villagers will always be at the bottom of a stack.

Custom Configurations
            In config.json, the villagers and any custom NPCs sprite crops for map markers can be adjusted.
            How cropping works:
            You can change how the custom NPC's head is cropped to show up on the map by changing the number for villager or "crop" for custom NPCs. Setting it to 3 will move the NPC sprite 3 pixels, setting it to -3 will move the NPC sprite down by 3 pixels. It is set to 0 by default and will probably only need to be tweaked for custom NPC sprites that are particularly tall or short.

Villagers
            Find "villagerCrop": { } and add villagers like so:
            Code:
            "villagerCrop":
                "Abigail": 3,
                "Wizard": 0,
                "Linus": -1
            }

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
            • Zeplin

Zeplin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

New version crashes for me when I try to load a save or move ingame. Am I doing something wrong?

"C:\Users\Brian\Documents\Projects\StardewValleyMods\NPCMapLocationsMod\NPCMapLocationsMod\MapModVersionChecker" sounds like something it shouldn't be trying to access on my computer though.

Code:
              [15:28:10 INFO  SMAPI] SMAPI 1.1 with Stardew Valley 1.11 on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
              [15:28:10 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading SMAPI...
              [15:28:10 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading game...
              [15:28:10 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading mods...
              [15:28:11 INFO  SMAPI] Loaded mod: NPC Map Locations Mod by Bouhm, v1.42 | Shows NPC locations on the map
              [15:28:11 DEBUG SMAPI] Loaded 1 mods.
              [15:28:11 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting game...
              [15:28:11 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting console...
              [15:28:11 INFO  SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
              [15:28:33 ERROR SMAPI] Critical app domain exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
                 at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
                 at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)
                 at NPCMapLocations.MapModVersionChecker.<getLatestVersion>d__5.MoveNext() in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\Projects\StardewValleyMods\NPCMapLocationsMod\NPCMapLocationsMod\MapModVersionChecker.cs:line 66
              --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
                 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
                 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
                 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
                 at NPCMapLocations.MapModVersionChecker.<getNotification>d__3.MoveNext() in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\Projects\StardewValleyMods\NPCMapLocationsMod\NPCMapLocationsMod\MapModVersionChecker.cs:line 21
                 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__5(Object state)
                 at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
                 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                 at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
                 at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
                 at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
              • Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Hi, that's the "old" 1.42 version that I ninja updated. Downloading the current one should fix it. My bad! It's showing my project directory because the .pdb file was included, which shows more detailed error logs like line numbers and path to the file.

• seth-rah

seth-rah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hiya
                  Just started playing the game, but as soon as I load into a completely new save, I get the following error.

Downloaded 1.42 from git

Code:
                  [11:57:44 INFO  SMAPI] SMAPI 1.1.1 with Stardew Valley 1.11 on Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
                  [11:57:44 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading SMAPI...
                  [11:57:44 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading game...
                  [11:57:44 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading mods...
                  [11:57:44 INFO  SMAPI] Loaded mod: NPC Map Locations Mod by Bouhm, v1.42 | Shows NPC locations on the map
                  [11:57:44 TRACE SMAPI] CJB Show Item Sell Price used Manifest.Authour, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                  [11:57:44 INFO  SMAPI] Loaded mod: CJB Show Item Sell Price by CJ Bok, v1.5 | Show item sell price in your inventory!
                  [11:57:44 TRACE SMAPI] CJB Show Item Sell Price used an old version of Mod.Entry, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                  [11:57:44 TRACE SMAPI] TimeSpeed Mod used Manifest.Authour, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                  [11:57:44 INFO  SMAPI] Loaded mod: TimeSpeed Mod by cantorsdust and Syndlig, v1.8 | Allows for a configurable ten minute tick length.
                  [11:57:44 TRACE SMAPI] TimeSpeed Mod used the Config class, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                  [11:57:44 TRACE SMAPI] TimeSpeed Mod used an old version of Mod.Entry, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                  [11:57:44 INFO  SMAPI] Loaded mod: Trainer Mod by Zoryn, v1.0 | Registers several commands to use. Most commands are trainer-like in that they offer forms of cheating.
                  [11:57:44 DEBUG SMAPI] Loaded 4 mods.
                  [11:57:44 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting game...
                  [11:57:45 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting console...
                  [11:57:45 INFO  SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                  [11:58:11 ERROR SMAPI] Critical app domain exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
                     at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
                     at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)
                     at NPCMapLocations.MapModVersionChecker.<getLatestVersion>c__async2.MoveNext()
                     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
                     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
                     at NPCMapLocations.MapModVersionChecker.<getNotification>c__async0.MoveNext()
                     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)
                     at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
                     at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                     at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                     at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
                     at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
                     at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback() 

• Zeplin

Tried re-downloading it from github and nexus, same thing happens. Switched to version 1.31 which works.

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Can you guys try the latest update? It was a pretty peculiar issue but I think I managed to find it.

Bug fix patch

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Zeplin

Bouhm likes this.
                      • Ƀᶅᵾe

Ƀᶅᵾe Aquatic Astronaut

Code:
                        [23:04:14 INFO  SMAPI] SMAPI 1.1.1 with Stardew Valley 1.1 on Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
                        [23:04:14 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading SMAPI...
                        [23:04:14 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading game...
                        [23:04:14 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading mods...
                        [23:04:14 INFO  SMAPI] Loaded mod: NPC Map Locations Mod by Bouhm, v1.43 | Shows NPC locations on the map
                        [23:04:14 DEBUG SMAPI] Loaded 1 mods.
                        [23:04:14 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting game...
                        [23:04:14 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting console...
                        [23:04:14 INFO  SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                        [23:04:38 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'StardewValley.NPC StardewValley.Game1.getCharacterFromName(System.String, Boolean)'.
                           at NPCMapLocations.MapModCheckbox.draw(SpriteBatch b, Int32 slotX, Int32 slotY)
                           at NPCMapLocations.MapModMenu.draw(SpriteBatch b)
                           at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 744
                        [23:04:38 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
                           at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
                           at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState)
                           at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 491
                        [23:04:38 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
                           at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
                           at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState)
                           at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 491
                        v 1,43

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Hi, does this happen consistently, like every time you play the game and try to use the mod? Also, I noticed you are playing on Stardew Valley 1.1. The game is currently v1.11, can you try updating the game and see if the problem gets fixed? Thanks.

• Oxidasa_oxidaiye

Oxidasa_oxidaiye Starship Captain

I have a peculiar issue with this mod. It worked all good to me until I hit the middle of summer of year 1 and every time I press "M" to access the map the screen goes black while the game is still working in the background.

I proceeded to remove the mod folder from the game and it worked correctly when the "M" key was pressed (confirming that the mod was the problem).

I put the mod folder again and I duplicated the issue again. The console showed the following error:

Code:
                             at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode
                            , BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStenc
                            ilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState)
                               at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\S
                            MAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 491
                            [15:10:54 ERROR SMAPI] A mod crashed handling an event.
                            System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present i
                            n the dictionary.
                               at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                               at NPCMapLocations.MapModMain.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs
                            e)
                               at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                               at StardewModdingAPI.Events.GameEvents.InvokeUpdateTick(IMonitor monitor) in
                            D:\source\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Events\GameEvents.cs:line 88
                            [15:10:54 ERROR SMAPI] A mod crashed handling an event.
                            System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present i
                            n the dictionary.
                               at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                               at NPCMapLocations.MapModMain.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs
                            This are other mods I'm using:

1) ChestsAnyWhere
                            2) CJBCheatsMenu
                            3) CJBItemSpawner
                            4) FarmAutomation.ItemCollector
                            5) LookupAnything
                            6) LovedLabels
                            7) SkipIntro
                            8) SMAPIChestLabelSystem
                            9) SMAPISprinklerMod
                            10) StardewCJB (this mod shows the price tag of items in the character iventory).
                            11) TractorMod

I'm using the v1.43 of your Mod. Hope you can shed some light to this problem. Thanks in advance !!! :)

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the information! I haven't been able to replicate the error myself but with that information I think I may be able to debug it.

-----------

I THINK I found it for real this time. If I'm right, it's a problem with the "Mark NPCs With Birthdays" option and will happen on a villager's birthday. Will update soon.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
                              • Oxidasa_oxidaiye

Oxidasa_oxidaiye Starship Captain

Sweet job !!! ;)

• waterfighter

waterfighter Orbital Explorer

hi, why i can't use TAB to open the mod menu when opening the MAP? i download the newest version of mod and SMAPI

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Hi, can you let me know the following:

- Error Logs from SMAPI Console (if any)
                                    %appdata%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs\MODDED_ProgramLog.Log_LATEST

- Operating system (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)

- Other mods/tools you are using (if any)
                                    Any other SMAPI mods, custom NPC mods, and mod download managers (like SDVMM or SilverPlum)

Also, when did you download the mod? I made some ninja updates to v1.43 that fixes bugs, so you might have an older version of 1.43.

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Bouhm updated NPC Map Locations Mod with a new update entry:

v1.44 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

foghorn likes this.
                                      • irving77

irving77 Void-Bound Voyager

where is the download link for the mod?