1.1 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConcernedApe, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Yaila

Yaila Space Hobo

Summary of issue:
    Game crashes when using a pickaxe/axe on a finished cask.
    Cask is placed in the basement with an iridium-class goat cheese in it, the pickaxe and axe are also iridium.

Expected Behavior:
    Fancy goat cheese and cask on the floor.

Actual Behavior:
    Not so fancy crashing of the game.

Steps for Reproduction:
    Age some goat cheese and hack away at the cask.

... Tried restarting the game a few times and doing the same thing/using an axe instead of a pickaxe, crashed again.

What Operating System are you using:
    Windows 10

Sidenote:
    There's no problem in using the pickaxe or axe on an empty cask or a cask that's still in progress.
    Don't have anything other then goat cheese finished at the moment so can't tell if it goes for other items as well.

• GhostlySilver

GhostlySilver Void-Bound Voyager

Summary of issue: While harvesting from a large amount of Coffee bean plants the character freezes and is unresponsive to any controls other than switching slots in the toolbar.

Expected Behavior: No freezing, the ability to harvest coffee beans without freezing.

Actual Behavior: Unresponsive character

Steps for Reproduction: Harvesting large amount of coffee beans at once (with junimos)

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
      • Magistrella

Magistrella Big Damn Hero

Summary of issue: Can not plant a tree seed at shown location on the Forest Map.

Expected Behavior: Should be able to plant a tree seed at this spot

Actual Behavior: Error Message: Invalid Position

Steps for Reproduction: Take a Tree Seed and try to plant it at said position

What OS are you using: Windows 10

[​IMG]

• emilin_rose

emilin_rose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Summary of issue: all the new items don't have an image.

Expected Behavior: there is an item with an image and a function(in some cases)
          Actual Behavior: no image, but function works
          Steps for Reproduction: buy new items/view in store

I have a problem, they still take up space and can confirm the catalogues work as supposed to, but the graphic is missing. persists with multiple launches and just playing on in the game.

anyone know how to fix?

• emilin_rose

Summary of issue: game crashes when checking mailbox
            Expected Behavior: read letter from someone
            Actual Behavior: game freezes
            Steps for Reproduction: read letter

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Sounds like you might have some files missing are you using Steam?

• emilin_rose

no. i got it from humble bundle. i don't like steam much, whenever its on i have trouble running games. takes too much memory.

I've tried re-installing it and have the same problems.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
                • Ladysarajane

Not familiar with Humble bundle, but with missing images and the mailbox problems, it sounds like an incomplete download. How much memory does your computer have?

• emilin_rose

64.8 gigabytes free, but i have trouble running stuff at the same time as steam. its probably more the total cpu than the memory that's the problem.

i just re-downloaded it and have the same problem.

Okay good news and bad news. Good news is i talked to my friend who let me use his GOG account to redownload and it seems to be working now. Bad news is for some reason whenever i run SMAPI, it runs the old version. tried fully uninstalling the game and am now reinstalling it hoping for the best.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
                    • Ladysarajane

If you are still having trouble with Smapi, read and post in this topic Here :http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/dos-and-donts-of-reporting-issues-with-smapi-mods.125211/, Someone may be able to help you here with there. I have a couple ideas what it might be, but I need your log as described in that topic so I can guide you on it. If I am not on at that time, someone else can read that log and help. But if you have vanilla Stardew Valley running now that is a good step in the right direction. :) I never heard of Humble Bundle so I have no idea how you download from there, but I know that it did sound that something messed up your files. Now to get the mods back to working right.

• emilin_rose

Took some doing but i made it work. i also have another maybe bug but i don't think it has to do with missing files.

Summary of issue: unreachable foragables
                        Expected Behavior: follow the arrow, collect the item
                        Actual Behavior: cannot reach item
                        Steps for Reproduction: look for foragable items.

• crymblade

crymblade Void-Bound Voyager

The search bar hasn't been very helpful, but from what I understand this issue only started in 1.1

Summary of issue: Krobus talk glitch

Expected Behavior: You can talk to Krobus before shopping

Actual Behavior: Krobus is treated as already having been talked to, goes straight to shop

Steps for Reproduction: Start up stardew valley. Problem disappears after sleeping, but comes back every time stardew valley starts up.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10

• ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

Actually this happened to me ALL THE TIME before 1.1.

Only it was random and unfixable.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

(Prolly waaay late on this but I post it nonetheless :rofl:)

Summary of issue: Harvey's dialogue on Saturday (if you are married to him) when he comes back in from reading outside is the same when he returns from work on Tues/Thurs.

Expected Behavior: For him to say something about his day since he spent it comfortably reading out in his little book-nook.

Actual Behavior:
                              His dialogue around the evening time when he comes back in his him talking about being exhausted but at least his patients are healthy...basically using the same dialogue from when he leaves the house to work at the clinic.

Steps to reproduce:
                              Marry Harvey, Wait for a Saturday where he uses his little reading area, talk to him in the evening once he comes back in. (I'm currently in Spring, haven't seen what the other seasons do if anything yet)

Operating System:
                              Windows 10