Modding Help Is it possible to make the FTL travelling time proportional to the distance covered?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Iroaseta, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Or it's been fixed in a way that it'll be over as soon as the next planet you visit is loaded?

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Neither. It is literally a set time. 8 seconds transition to FLT, 30 seconds of FTL (With the planet loading in the background), and 8 seconds transition to orbit. This was likely done to mask the loading of the planet for slower computers, but Ive removed them all together, cus why not.

3. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Is there anyway to extent the 30 seconds of FTL? :eek:

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

oh yeah. I forget which config it is in. It could be made however long you want.

Iroaseta likes this.
  5. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Are these the relevant lines?

speedupTimer
    flyingTimer
    slowdownTimer
    disembarkPath
    arrivalPath

If they are, how should I change the value? It doesn't seems like they have seconds as values.

Edit : Ah, yes! They are! Now I can make my gigantic ship travel for 10 minutes long so that I have a reason to actually build my ship properly and think twice before going to another planet now! :)
    It doesn't make the travelling time proportionate to the distance covered though.

As a reference if anyone wants to change on how it works :

speedupTimer = The period of time your ship is accelerating into FTL state.
    flyingTimer = The period of time your ship is undergoing FTL.
    slowdownTimer = The period of time your ship is trying to decelerating after FTL.
    disembarkPath = The period of time your ship takes to accelerate out of the planet's orbit you're currently in.
    arrivalPath = The period of time your ship takes to accelerate into the planet's orbit you're arriving.

The values are in seconds and the file is called "sky.config".

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2016
    thehailfire and lazarus78 like this.