RELEASED 2CUTE FarmCave w/ Legend of Zelda-like fairy hotspring & also an underground library. UPDATE: 7/19

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Vorzheva

Vorzheva Void-Bound Voyager

Have to say I'm really enjoying the cave and the hot spring. Just wondering if anyone else has bats instead of mushrooms... I haven't seen any fruit drop since I got the bats and I'm wondering if there's a conflict with the cave or if I've just been very unlucky. Thanks for the lovely mod!

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I started a new file when 1.1 was released, but I've been too busy modding my game and finally working on my own mods to actually play, so I'm not that far ahead in the game yet.

Vorzheva likes this.
      • MrsLazyGeneral

MrsLazyGeneral Yeah, You!

Just wanted to say that i love this mod! I recommend it to everyone I know that plays this game <3

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Well, I'm more of a shroom person and those are working just fine.

• RenRenRan

RenRenRan Intergalactic Tourist

This is beautifullll! 80 If I just wanted to change the plain vanilla cave to this version without the extra floors n' stuff is there a way to do that? (Sorry if dumb question, I'm new to modding-I know the basics-but I don't want to mess up my game. :'( )

Attached Files:

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

ahhh... i'd suggest checking out the map editing thread

or placing a chest in that spot before dling the map. the reason being is i am just too busy and not active enough here to explain it with detailed step by step information. tIDE is that particular.

if you join the sdv discord i have a lot of modders in my channel (i'm a moderator there) that is helpful and has more time than me to do modding stuff.
              discord.gg/stardewvalley

i'm a fulltime student, 19 units
              and also my health permits me from doing shit like this nonstop.

• Sintafury

Sintafury Aquatic Astronaut

Very creative mod, good work and thanks.

• minipradasa

minipradasa Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, I have a question. I already have the 2qute green house and so the 2cute file in content so when I try to instal this one's it ask me to replace it and I'm not sure if that would mean giving up the greenhouse for the fairy cave.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

No they're both the same thing at least the old version of the green house and fairy cave one.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

you should be fine, it uses the same xnb.

• WonkoTSane42

WonkoTSane42 Star Wrangler

I absolutely love this! I downloaded it and it works great. Question though...is there a way to add furniture? I want to turn that first floor into an underground picnic area :) I know furniture isn't practical, but I've got LOTS of grow space outside and in other buildings, so I didn't really need that here, but it would be super cute to be able to set it up like a she-shed, only it's in a cave, but it's not a man-cave, at least not in this case ;)

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

You might be able to using the Furniture Anywhere mod.

• owlsomniac

owlsomniac Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this!! Just added it to my game and it works perfectly and looks wonderful c:

• nerdinreallife

nerdinreallife Poptop Tamer

I love every little bit of this mod. <3 I can't wait to show it to my nephew (he's 13 and I'm 33, SDV "our" game). I bet he's gonna love it. You did an incredible job, thank you so much for all your hard work!

Sincerely,
                              Jessie

• aprilr41

aprilr41 Big Damn Hero

I'm having the same problem. Installed the mod and 3+ in-game weeks later, no fruit has dropped. I installed this over a vanilla bat cave, and would get fruit dropping 3-4 times in a game week. I'm wondering if there's a way to check the files and tweak the drops somehow. I hate to uninstall this, it's so pretty! But I'd rather get those rare fruits. :(

• aprilr41

aprilr41 Big Damn Hero

FYI, according to the original mod that 2 Cute is based on, there is a problem with bats dropping fruit. Unfortunately, the OP's fixed farmcave.xnb file has been deleted off the server. Per the OP:

"it does look like the bats will have a problem with the cave layout. From looking at the code, it takes the width and length of the cave from the width/length of the map layer [0] .. Due to the caves being disconnected, the calculation based on the width and height of the map layers throws the bat fruit spawn coordinates off, so they never properly spawn where as the mushroom has a predefined box to spawn in. That explains why the 1 giant map worked fine for the fruit bats, thing were all connected and it could get proper cave size base on the size of the map.

Edit:
                                  The fix for the farmcave and bats is remove all the extra unused map section so that the map is the size of what is being used. Then paint all the area between the floors with black. This makes it so that the bats can appear in all the black area and the map becomes connected. The black region is ignore as valid fruit spawn and is used by the bats. The bats will then drop fruits in the farmcave including the 2 extra floor. I've fruit in all three caves (20ish), took a very long while to get RNG to spawn any fruits but when it did, i got lots in the extra 2 floors. Its way overpowered now. If you don't want bats everywhere I guess you can paint the area between the floors with a solid wall/earth tile so it can't be access and be used by the bats and still maintain as connected. my modfied farmcave.xnb is available http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=05918852516900448435[​IMG] if anyone wants its"

• Coolwyngs

It is deleted from the site

• aprilr41

aprilr41 Big Damn Hero

Yes, I mentioned that. I've contacted the OP to see if they'll upload the file again.

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

I think they meant your modified cave. You posted a link to it and it's not active.

• Coolwyngs

Yes I did