Race [RETOOLED] The Volans Need YOU! [New Name | New Look | Prev. "The Jax"]

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by BionicKraken, Dec 19, 2013.

1. AceZX57

AceZX57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Appearance is not everything. Not at all. Its the fact that EVERYTHING is bad about this. IMO. IMO IMO IMO. I will still get so many "Yeah but *whinging*" replies to this DESPITE me saying IMO short for In My Opinion. I actually prefer the suggestions like a Dog race. As long as it looks good, and the back story is exceptionally well done, ideas like that which are considered too "common" are fine.

2. Crion87

Crion87 Void-Bound Voyager

Read the description. Cool. The whole psychiatric vibe is an interesting touch and actually the OP is, in a sense, tackling some sensitive issues with a good sense of tact and humour. Nice work, look forward to seeing the result.

Of course if any of these guys attack my non-Volan toon(s), I will feel free to relieve them of their misery (and mine) :mwahaha:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  3. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I like them.

They kind of remind me of marvin from thhgttu

4. Tet the Zoologist

Tet the Zoologist Space Penguin Leader

This is honestly, in my opinion, this is probably one of the most creative fan made races, and one of my personal favorites. (I hate being a kiss ass)

5. OctoSHarkTasaurus

OctoSHarkTasaurus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Love it! Would certainly play as one... Better than those scumbag gasbags.

6. Tet the Zoologist

What you just say about the novakids

7. OctoSHarkTasaurus

Well well well... If it isn't Mr.Naish himself. Surely you of all people can see the flaws in their biology. Unless they were actually created as slaves, hence the poor memory, and aren't eh... "produced", but actually forged.

Still, I'd rather be an octopus-flower-slug-flytrap-70s-depressed biological being than a sentient horseshoe commanding a cloud of farts.

8. Tet the Zoologist

It's sci-fi. Also have you even checked out the original novakid thread? The creator explaines the "biology" quite well. Also, they aren't made of gas, their plasma, which is completely different.

9. OctoSHarkTasaurus

Plasma is technically a gas, albeit a highly volatile and astral substance. And I know it's sci-fi, but I just... Didn't like the idea of a sentient being made of, well, gaseous substance.

Also, wasn't the inside a mysterious gas whilst the outside was a hard, plasmatic shell?

10. Tet the Zoologist

Yes I guess your right about the plasma shell and the gaseous inside, but plasma isn't a gas. Plasma is what you get when you heat up gas. It's another form of matter.
    Solid, liquid, gas, and plasma respectively.

You don't have to like the idea of a sentient star person, its your opinion, but I still think novakids are cool and will defend them till the universe recedes into nothingness.

11. Tet the Zoologist

Wait a second. Your from the spec evo forums aren't you m8!

12. OctoSHarkTasaurus

Indeedums. This is why I'm so conservative about alien biology! I get that they're cool and all. But there were plenty of cooler choices thee devs could have made. Ex. The Cerpine, Glunaughts, Volans, Arachneidi, Nauceans, or those roman rock people.

13. Tet the Zoologist

I think that they just chose the novakids out of uniqueness. Sure, the other ones were cool, but come on, cowboy star people are awsome!

14. OctoSHarkTasaurus

I suppose. And the name was smart I guess. Nova=Star, Kid=slang for cowboy.

I'm still waiting for my good middle-eastern inspires race.

Tet the Zoologist likes this.
  15. Tet the Zoologist

I still think that chucklefish should implement the Volans as a playable race sometime in the future

16. OctoSHarkTasaurus

Sadly, It's likely they won't. Any number of perfectly viable races (Cerpine, Volans, Glunuaghts, Monophytes or what have you) will never make it in. The novakids won, that's that.