REQUEST Bigger Inventory

Discussion in 'Mods' started by jshiroshiro, Apr 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jshiroshiro

jshiroshiro Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, could anyone make a 'bigger inventory' mod? Dunno if there's something like that already but I really wanted something to improve inventory space... Maybe add some bags that you can open and put your itens inside too... Would be cool! =]

Thanks!

skaiyly, Zalkyria, Shuunsei and 2 others like this.
    • StaceyUK

StaceyUK Aquatic Astronaut

Seconded. A mod like this would be great!

• pinkie50

pinkie50 Void-Bound Voyager

If you could at least purchase an extra backpack from pierre, itd be great

skaiyly and Vixxi like this.
        • Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

• Pawserve

Pawserve Subatomic Cosmonaut

You know I thought the two in the base game was enough (and it is sorta) but once in a while I do wish there was one more line for items. (Although this could be solved if there was an upgrade in the future where your tools could become "key slot items" or turn it into one weapon that does all for a massive gold sink, hint hint CA? :p)

Minakie, Coolwyngs and Zalkyria like this.
          • Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

True and True :)

I wouldn't even mind another 2 or 12 backpack upgrade items I have to purchase either ;)

• Megumin

Megumin Guest

how about chests?

• VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

There you go, i knew someone's bound to mention "chest". xD
                I've been working on making new kind of chests. An upgradeable chest, i have made a short info on it here...
                As a matter of fact, in the long run, I will monopolized all mods that has to do with storages, including bigger inventory as said above. But I get sidetracked most of the time due to my work and other games. So i have no complaints if someone might want to get this, but eventually I'll still make this and other storage related stuffs I've been making up in my mind as it helps improve my coding, and i like solving stuffs.

Minakie likes this.
                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Extending the inventory is difficult to deal with, since other mods that need the inventory for anything in their GUI would need to be adapted to work with it.

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

I didn't even consider that..

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is actually the only hard part, actually extending the inventory is easy, the problem is having to change every GUI (Including modded ones) to have that extra row of inventory space :p

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

bleh :nope:

• GaxxD

GaxxD Void-Bound Voyager

Would adding more tabs (like in extended refrigerator mod), instead of more rows in the inventory, be as problematic?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Hmmm... that might actually be relatively simple compared to modifying every single GUI, the player inventory is loaded from its own sub-GUI, it should be possible to replace it with one that implements a way of tabs or scrollbar...

It would still require some effort, since you'd have to make sure it doesnt break anything, but it should theoretically be doable! :)

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

I think a scrollbar over tabs would be more effective and easier for most people to use rather than more clicking..

• alan88

alan88 Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome idea..more bag space. :confirm::confirm::confirm::confirm:

• cat9412

cat9412 Big Damn Hero

i just use chests Anywhere so i dont have to worry about inventory xP

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

That is true and it works well.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yeah, but while chests anywhere is awesome, it breaks immersion, since you are effectively capable of teleporting items from one place to another due to it

Iomega0318 and VIspReaderUS like this.
                                      • VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

finally, i thought it was just me...i was worried that I'm alone with this thought. After i created ACA, Chests Anywhere's brother mod, its becoming to easy. I felt that it breaks the game by letting players accessing all chests. That was the other reason I halted ACA updates. After I finished ChestEx, I'm gonna rewrite ACA but make it so that, it will impose some set of rules before you can access a chest. So it won't be Access Chests Anywhere anymore. I have a couple ideas on how to implement this so it wont break the game and become more immersive. But it would just have to wait as im still on ChestEx right now though.