Traditional In Which I Attempt to Art - 16 May: Chibis!

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by TinySpaceFox, Aug 14, 2016.

1. TinySpaceFox

TinySpaceFox Subatomic Cosmonaut

I enjoy drawing, but I'm not very good. I hope that this thread will allow me to monitor my progress as I continue to practise. Stardew Valley truly is an amazing little game; I only wish my art skills were good enough for me to express my love for it.

Expect to see some doodles (I'm attending school, and class gets really boring). It just so happens that the very first thing I'm posting here is a simple little doodle of Sebastian, drawn on lined paper without a reference image during a particularly draggy lecture.

Feedback is welcome on any of my "works", be it positive or negative, as long as it's constructive and polite. I really do hope I can improve.

So, without further ado:

Sebastian1.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    • Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Huh, that's a different style. I like it!

Pudassassin likes this.
      • Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Looking good so far, reminded me a bit of my friend doodling back then in highschool.
        Also, welcome, I believe you can do better with more drawings[​IMG]

Gabaw likes this.
        • Unassuming Obelisk

Unassuming Obelisk Big Damn Hero

Good job! I TOTALLY understand the need to draw during lectures. I draw almost constantly. Just keep doing it, reading how- to books, looking at other people's art, etc. Don't forget (like I sometimes do) that everyone else on the internet has had way more practice. Keep up the good work! :DD

TinySpaceFox and Pudassassin like this.
          • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Welcome to the community! You got his personality down pat I'd say :rofl:

• Kid Absurdity

Kid Absurdity Big Damn Hero

He looks a bit like a Daria character. As I was alive when that show first aired, this is a good thing.

• TinySpaceFox

To everyone who's posted here and/or liked my first post so far: Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the feedback :) I really appreciate these gestures.

Anyways, I've got another one to post now. This one's of Vincent, one of my favourite non-marriage-candidate characters in the game. He started out as a doodle on my lecture notes; I polished him up later at home. You may notice that my style thus far is rather cartoony. I may try out a more realistic style in future, but for now I'm happy with this.

Vincent1.JPG

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
                  Gabaw, Pudassassin, Alkanthe and 2 others like this.
                • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

you have a very cute style! and we don't see much of vincent so that's gr8. he's really adorable

• TinySpaceFox

And here's another: my first drawing, uh, doodle of Sam:

IMG_5199.JPG

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

You brought out his inner super saiyan :rofl: What is it you doodled on, by the way?

• TinySpaceFox

My lecture notes :p I have a thing for drawing in class. Fortunately I've never gotten into trouble for that.

To avoid double-posting, I've decided to upload another work here: A full-body doodle of Sebastian.
                        SebastianFullBody.JPG
                        His right leg is a bit skinny, and I haven't quite gotten the hang of shading yet. I can't really figure out where the shadows go and stuff. But oh well, this was a good opportunity to practise.

• TinySpaceFox

Aaaand I'm back after a pretty long hiatus.

Yet another Seb doodle, this time on my Chemistry notes. I can't actually say for sure whether or not Seb is among my favourites, because I don't know him very well in-game. I just think he's easy and fun to draw, especially his hair. I've been experimenting with a slightly more realistic style lately, not just in terms of the eyes, but also the body proportions. This doodle was too small to put much detail into his eyes.
                          ScarfSeb.JPG

I was stuck on this one for a while. Not very happy with how Seb turned out, but Sam looks fine to me.
                          ThinkingDifferent.JPG

• Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Well, I love how you showing what Sam and Sebby have in their heads. also good work there!

• TinySpaceFox

It's been a while. Yeah. I've been experimenting with a new style that's slightly more realistic, but still quite cartoony. After weeks of practice and failed drawings, this is the first one I'm actually kinda satisfied with - for now.

Presenting Alex without his jacket. Featuring some chemistry.
                              alex.JPG

Alkanthe and Pudassassin like this.
                              • Unassuming Obelisk

Unassuming Obelisk Big Damn Hero

Yay! It's great! Good job!

• TinySpaceFox

Thank you! I really appreciate that :)

• TinySpaceFox

I am once again attempting to art. I've been telling myself that I won't improve without good practice, and since I'm kind of bored anyway, I thought I may as well work on something.

I've also been learning to take more time with my works, and here's the result.

Shane and Chicks.JPG

Light source? What's that?

And I should probably stop using the beige coloured pencil for skin, and learn to blend colours to make a more realistic-looking skin tone. >.>

• TinySpaceFox

Because I now cringe a little when looking at my first drawing, I've decided to redo it. I should get around to colouring it soon :)

Seb redone.JPG

These days, my mantra has been "you just need to practise". However, in the near future, I don't know if I'll realistically be able to practise very often, considering I'll be going overseas next month and starting university as an international student. I'll be doing veterinary medicine - my dream course, but one that's very demanding. For now, I don't even know what my timetable will be like, so I guess only time will tell. And it would probably also help if I spent less time playing video games and staring at my phone.

Neosaneo, Alkanthe and Pudassassin like this.
                                      • TinySpaceFox

I've been away for so long, but at least I've been able to brush up on my skills.

Have some chibis.
                                        Penny chibi.JPG

leah chibi.jpg

seb chibi.jpg

• Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Cute! I especially like the Penny one ^w^