Shane and his moods sweet and evil:D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reddestiny921, Oct 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He said he was just kidding and I forgive him since he warned me...lol I know he loves his kids.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Ahaha, I got all offended when he said that Joja work-camp thing xD
      But then he said just kidding and all was good. He didn't get any hot peppers that day though :p

Muny likes this.
      • Reddestiny921

yeah I usually make him breakfast, lunch or dinner but gave him nothing kidding or not lol

• CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Awww I love Shane. I'm not too far off from marrying him with my character, but soon.

• Reddestiny921

he can really grab you by surprise :D also I noticed the you started the game a hundred times down in the corner when the game is starting up I didn't know it did that.
            [​IMG]
            Actually yes :p

• Reddestiny921

[​IMG]
              Yes dear that's right, whenever she misbehaves shes YOUR daughter and mama is busy lol.

CjBeats likes this.
              • Reddestiny921

• Midori16

Midori16 Space Hobo

I married him too! But it kinda bothers me he still drinks alcohol even though the whole courtship was about him kicking the habit?

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I understood the heart-story with Shane to be about getting help for his depression. During the scene where he's passed out it's clearly not just alcohol he's tried to overdose on if you looked at his portrait then. It ends up with him starting to see a counselor in Zuzu City. I saw his heavy drinking as more of a symptom of his depression and not alcoholism after that.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                  • Reddestiny921

well he said he would cut back not go sober completely however none of the cans have color suggesting that's what they are I like to think it's non-alcoholic and he does talk about losing weight spends time helping out on the farm a lot suggesting that he's not drinking enough to hinder his life anymore so there is no reason not to think he did in fact cut out alcohol. Though that's just me rping in my head is all.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                    • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

It's not that easy to cut back on alcohol, even if you get help. He has it under control after you marry him, but he absolutely still drink.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                      • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I don't think anyone's saying that quitting alcohol when the person has an alcohol problem is easy. My biggest issue is that Shane definitely has issues in regards to drinking real alcoholic drinks- he not only drinks himself into unconsciousness once, but in his six heart event it seems like him drinking was contributing to his suicidal episode and general apathy towards dying. Which, since he has depression, and alcohol is a downer in terms of drugs, would make sense. Plus, the scenes imply he has issues with binging alcohol once he starts drinking it, in turn making it dangerous for him to have even one alcoholic beer. Which is one of the reasons I plan on using a mod that takes out at least the keg and mess. The rest of the references to drinking post his six heart event I basically think of him referring to non-alcoholic beer, mead, etc, in addition to the sparkling water that he mentions using as substitute. (Which, NA drinks can be slippery footing for people with alcohol problems, but for others with them, NA drinks are perfectly safe. They do have some alcohol in them, but that amounts comparable to what is in some types of fruit juice, so mileage and risk vary...) If he's on medication, mixing that with alcoholic drinks would be... not the best idea.

The other reason I use a mod to clean up his room is the fact that depression tends to effect hygeine as it gets worse, and the fact his default spouse room is utterly trashed compared to his room at Marnie's doesn't make too much sense to me, since he's supposed to be doing better. (And I say this as someone with major depression, and friends and family with it- there is definitely a correlation between feeling good and rooms being clean.) While he could be someone who stress cleans when their anxiety is flared, it still doesn't seem to fit quite right.

That said, everyone has their own interpretations of characters, and others may interpret his alcohol problems as being less severe than I see it as.

• Reddestiny921

of course it's all about how one chooses to see each character part of the fun just because I like to see him as improving doesn't mean he's not still a mess I won't clean up his room though. He is still a mess recovery of anything takes longer when depression as bad as his is mixed in, his room is a part of his character too every day is a struggle. Though no one is perfect that is made stronger with certain road blocks, I mean he was hardly in his room at Marnie's usually in front of the microwave before going to the work then staying at the saloon as long as he could so if he only passed out drunk in his room it's no surprise that where he feels at home is where the actual mess would be maybe he is why there are so many joja colas and trash to found while fishing.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                          • Midori16

Midori16 Space Hobo

A mod to clean up his room after marriage would be nice, honestly I dislike it a lot. I make sure to never gift him any alcohol, he gets all the chili peppers he can wish for though:D I've been married to him for about a season in game now, and it's not too bad, most days he has a good mood.

• saply

saply Orbital Explorer

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/575/?
                              This mod is pretty popular!

However, if you're like me and have difficulty getting mods to work, I was able to tidy up a little bit just with furniture placement:
                              [​IMG]

RashleyToff and Midori16 like this.
                              • Midori16

Midori16 Space Hobo

This looks great, thank you!