RELEASED Rue's Creepy Curios and Spooky Aesthetics [UPDATED: 11/7]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ruevian, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

NOTE: I am no longer active in modding, which is probably obvious. There are updated files done by other users on page 7, and I give permission to anyone else who wants to maintain these mods to do so. Sorry for abandoning them!

Hello! I'm slowly working on an overhaul for Stardew to make it more creepy and spooky and gothy. I love me some cute mods too, but sometimes you just want something different, you know?

I'd planned on having way more ready by Halloween but you know how life is. Here's what I have so far:

Creepy Fruit Trees

Some fruit trees that look a little more twisted, especially in fall and winter! I'm still debating on making creepier looking fruits to go with them, so stay tuned!

Cherry:
    [​IMG]

Apricot:
    [​IMG]

Orange:
    [​IMG]

Peach:
    [​IMG]

Pomegranate:
    [​IMG]

Apple:
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD : Mediafire
    Place file in Content > TileSheets, overriding the current fruitTrees file. Make sure to back up your originals!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Non-Fruit Trees

Are these creepy? IDK, probably not, but people seem to dig my trees, so here's a willow, a birch tree and a pine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Take files out of the Trees folder and put them in Content > TerrainFeatures, overriding the originals. Make sure to back up your originals!

[​IMG]

Creepy Fences

Some different fences for an older, run down farm. There are some options to choose from!

Note: The only gate that seems to able to be changed is the one in the first wood fence file. I have two gates to choose from, wooden planks and iron gate. When choosing which wood fence you'd like, pick the gate you'll want to use for all fences! A preview of the iron gate can be found in the iron fence preview.

Wood Fence: Pick from a rustic barbed wire fence or a dilapidated old picket fence!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD :
    After downloading which wooden fence you want, pick which gate you'd prefer from the folder and place in Content > LooseSprites, overriding the original. Don't forget to back up original files!

Stone Fence: An old, crumbling stone wall either covered in grime or moss!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Choose which stone fence you want from the folders, place in Content > LooseSprites, overriding the original. Don't forget to back up original files!

Iron Fence: A gothic dark iron fence, perfect for cemeteries.

[​IMG]

Place in Content > LooseSprites, overriding the original. Don't forget to back up original files!

Hardwood Fence: A recolor of strawberrymilk95/mushfae's White Picket Fence mod, done with permission. The paint is peeling and faded now, the fence left abandoned for too long...

[​IMG]

Place in Content > LooseSprites, overriding the original. Don't forget to back up original files!

[​IMG]

Creepy Craftables

The items you can craft (and some other items) are now just a little...twisted, with dark wood and rusted metal. Also, putting the scare in scarecrows!

Notes:
    • The preserves jar has been turned into a cauldron
    • The truffle oil station turned into an alchemy table
    • The Stardew Hero Trophy is now an urn on a table
    • The gold and crystal braziers have not been changed. Taking suggestions for them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Place file in Content > TileSheets, overriding the current Craftables file. Make sure to back up your originals!

And that's it for now! I'll be making farm buildings, paths, furniture and much more over time. Stay spooky!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
      ChloesWebb, Aubri, fadedwaif and 37 others like this.
    • dollbae

dollbae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh wow these are beautiful <3

Ruevian likes this.
      • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Wow your cherry tree looks like a weeping cherry tree.

• Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

It is! I decided I wanted a weeping willow tree and figured one with pink blossoms would be kinda cool. So, uh. These aren't exactly REALISTIC fruit trees, lol

• Coolwyngs

No there really is a weeping cherry tree. You can find one if you look it up.

• Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

*googles*

.....!

omg. If I had a real life garden....

• Coolwyngs

yep and they produce fruit too. But it is very sour so people can not eat them. The birds like them.

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

This is amazig! Thanks for this mod!

• staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Your fruit trees are beautiful and creepy at the same time. Love them! Thank you for sharing them with us! ^^

• Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

Thanks, guys! I'm working on spooky houses now. :boo:

dollbae likes this.
                      • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Oh man...I'm so tempted by those willow trees, you have no idea. I was actually just thinking earlier today I wish we could have them in the game. But I'm not sure if I want to give up my regular cherry trees. The struggle is real right now. >u<

(10 seconds later, downloads it anyway) X3

Auryin and Ruevian like this.
                        • Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

If it helps, I plan on making some normal trees too and turning the maple into a non-flowering willow? Hell, I might do that next instead of houses, since it'd be quicker...

dollbae likes this.
                          • dollbae

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS <3333 Omg I can't wait to see more of your worrrkk btw love the profile pic! I can't tell if that's Morticia or Elvira? Prob Elvira :rofl: I dunno she kinda looks like Morticia in the face but I think that was the purpose between the two.

• Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

LOL! Thanks! It's Elvira, only she could make the goth Bump It hair look good!

• dollbae

YES that is true. I don't know why I thought it was Morticia. :rofl: Maybe because I love Morticia X3 UGHH shes so glamporous

• Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

dollbae likes this.
                                  • dollbae

UGh shes so amazing :rofl: I literally have dreams where I know the addams family. im so special :rofl:

• Coolwyngs

or make a weeping mulberry tree. Yes they're real too. [​IMG] But then you could do both of them.

• Coolwyngs

there are also Weeping Flowering Apricot trees. they look like this. [​IMG]
                                        There flowers look like this. [​IMG]

dollbae likes this.
                                        • Coolwyngs

There are also Weeping Japanese Maple trees. they look like this.[​IMG]