1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Duplicate Entity ID

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by MajesticBBQ, Oct 28, 2016.

1. MajesticBBQ

MajesticBBQ Big Damn Hero

I have an error where i can't seem to get one specific character to work, and it keeps giving me this error (it counts by 2's and every second it goes up 2).
    [Error] UniverseServer: exception caught: (EntityMapException) Duplicate entity unique id (techstation) on entity id (6946) in EntityMap::addEntity
    what is wrong with my game?
    thank you
    --Johnny

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

~ Iris ~

3. MajesticBBQ

I do not want to paste my log for it is about 34,596 lines of code each one generated after 1 second of waiting, and i checked over the course of one hour that same error is the only one and pops up multiple times. I just don't want to waste your time.

sorry never mind i forgot i broke the character trying to fix it with starcheat

got her back and working again here is the log (grrr finally).

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2016
  4. Iris Blanche

Please use the edit function instead of making double/tripleposts.

Also the log is incomplete and doesn't show any error. It seems more like you force-closed the game during loading.

~ Iris ~

5. MajesticBBQ

that's the thing it loads for hours when it should be seconds and nothing happens (i left it on overnight), and its says error right there but only when i select that character.
    if it was just loading i wouldn't be here

6. Iris Blanche

There is no character selection listed in the log. Maybe you uploaded the wrong one?

~ Iris ~

7. MajesticBBQ

The problem is the starbound.log I'm trying to upload has all the correct errors, this is the notepad version and it's the only one i can upload

8. Iris Blanche

I need the latest log regardless of how many lines it has. Without this log i can't help you.

~ Iris ~

9. MajesticBBQ

i copied it from the log to a notepad so i can upload it

Attached Files:

10. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

You have two ship computers on your ship. This is not allowed. Are you using a mod that let you place two ship computers on your ship?

You can delete your .shipworld file in the storage/player folder to reset your ship.

detreem1337 likes this.
  11. MajesticBBQ

that's what i thought, and i deleted all my .ship-world files but that didn't fix it, i am confused how that didn't reset the ship to 0. and no i am not using a mod like that, but it was tha lagoths mod that is glitching like this.
    edit: just had thought if i was a able to recreate it it may help us solve the situation

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  12. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Delete the backups for the shipworld file too.

13. MajesticBBQ

yeah i deleted everything (one at a time of course), and it was still not working i think i need to find a way to go into the .player file and remove the ship upgrade (forgot to mention this but before it broke i upgraded my ship and then closed the game).

14. MajesticBBQ

Does anyone know how to access the ship-world file and remove the extra tech station?