RELEASED Velverette's Anime Portrait+Sprite Mod (UPDATE 10/29)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by velverette, Jun 5, 2016.

?

What would you like to see the Wizard as?

1. A beautiful witch

2. A cute little witch (like witchie from SoS)

3. Leave him as a wizard

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

Ah, your Robin portrait is too good, specially the alternate colors (probably because it makes her look very natural:V), now i want a Robin marriage mod... ok not really but I love it
    Sad that you couldn't make Demetrius with dreads, it would probably look cool, but the one you made is still really good Love.gif

• 2Scribble

2Scribble Void-Bound Voyager

Robin is officially my new favorite - also love the blonde Emily; the whole punky fashionita look suits her.

Might try a Robin with paler skin to match Sebastian since you've made Demetrius match Maru

velverette likes this.
      • velverette

velverette Subatomic Cosmonaut

Haha after making some of these portraits I sometimes wish there was a marriage mod for everyone (except the kids of course lol) I'm really glad you like them <3

Yaaay I'm glad you like it!! I thought about it, but I liked the idea of attributing his paleness to whoever his biological father may have been :3

MrToni300 likes this.
        • iHasIceQueam

iHasIceQueam Void-Bound Voyager

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

velverette likes this.
          • DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

I must say, as a fan of anime, the portraits and characters looks spot on, really cute and flashy, just two minor issues, which is no problem, just wanted to point out (Cus i'm sad like that):

• Marnie and lewis, despite being good drawings, it nags me to say this, but, they look way young, than they should
            • If possible, could consider doing the rest of the sprite work, i couldn't see the Wizard, or the fishermen dude, and a few others (unless this is planned, then thats awesome)
            Overall your work is really nice

P.S. out of curiosity i have this mod which changes the bachelor's to bachelorette's, you couldn't draw up a side section for them too would you, that would be awesome ^.^

velverette likes this.
            • velverette

Hehe thank you, that makes me really happy :)

Thank you for your kind words!

I know, as the disclaimer in my post states these are made to suit my very specific tastes and as such none of them really look like the source material other than their color scheme. I made Marnie and Lewis look younger cause, well, that's how I like it.

As for the rest of them, I do intend to keep releasing them over time, I'm working on a few at the moment in fact :)

Unfortunately, I don't have any plans for genderbent bachelors at the moment. I kinda just want to get all the other villagers over with and be done. I appreciate your interest though <3

Zalkyria likes this.
              • DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

it was a random thought, as its worth asking, as they say, shy kids get nothing if they don't ask LOL.
                But excellent replacements, keep it up ;)

velverette likes this.
                • velverette

***UPDATE OCT 29: Caroline, Pierre, Jodi, Kent, Sandy, and Willy have been added! New alternates for Sam, Vincent, and Alex. Please redownload Marnie's sprite, one of her animations was wonky. Also, take a look at the poll I added :)
                  ONE MORE THING in case you missed it, I also added a file with the cursors.xnb sprites if you want to go grab that :)

I'm gonna be taking a break from these so don't expect anymore updates for a while, unless it's small fixes.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
                    stardewfarmerlulu likes this.
                  • dollbae

dollbae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I absolutely love your sprites !

velverette likes this.
                    • velverette

Thank you so much!! <3

dollbae likes this.
                      • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

I love you new ones

velverette likes this.
                        • tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

omg the alternate Sandy reminds me of Princess Jasmine!!

velverette likes this.
                          • 2Scribble

2Scribble Void-Bound Voyager

I think my favorite part about this mod is that you can actually make it LOOK like characters that are family members look like... uh... family members :p

velverette likes this.
                            • velverette

Thank you!!! <3

Yesss Princess Jasmine's colors were definitely used cause I love her <3 <3

Hehe thank you, that's one of the things I had hoped to accomplish! <3

Btw guys it looks like leaving the wizard as a wizard is winning! I don't want to close the poll just yet though, not until I actually get a chance to sit down and draw

MrToni300 and Zalkyria like this.
                              • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Penny and Abigail are my favorites. ^^

velverette likes this.
                                • iHasIceQueam

iHasIceQueam Void-Bound Voyager

Upsetting. I love this mod but there hasn't been an update in almost 2 months.
                                  :nurusad::nurusad::nurusad::nurusad: What I meant was that it was just upsetting. I didn't mean to make it seem insensitive.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
                                    velverette likes this.
                                  • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

The creator of the mod hasn't had much time because she goes to school and right after that goes to work. Please be patient. She will update it eventually.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
                                      velverette likes this.
                                    • wafflerie

wafflerie Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, wow. So many choices and I love, love, love so many things about this mod.

• Whether you did it on purpose or not, the fact that Pierre has an alternate pale version really adds credence to his character spending most of his time indoors while both Haley (who loves going to the beach during the summer) and Elliott (who lives by the beach and spends a lot of time outdoors) have alternate, more 'tanned' versions. Maybe that had just been a minor detail but it's made specific game lore more realistic and easier to accept as part of what's canon for those characters.
                                      • Having the hair colors also match within the families (such as Redhead!Seb have similar coloring as Redhead!Robin, Sam and Vincent having the same shade of blonde or ginger as either of their parents, an alternate blonde!Emily that's the same shade as Blonde!Haley, matching mother-daughter coloring for Caroline and Abigail, and even Marnie having an alternate hair color of violet that's close to her niece Jas's own shade) was such a smart artistic choice. It's added an immersive quality that I didn't even realize I was missing until this mod.
                                      • Also, the fashion choices for the bachelors and bachelorettes are so effing good. I almost cried when I saw Penny's top and I adore your design for Sandy's whole outfit. JAS'S DRESS. IT'S SO PRETTY OMG. The fact that you also drew matching sprites is an incredible gift. I love your style. I love your generosity. I love this sfm.
                                      Amazing job all around. Thank you for sharing this with us because it is absolutely brilliant! You've not just provided your fellow players multiple renditions of the characters but also given us a glimpse to how you viewed the people of Stardew Valley, personalized by your specific style that I simply adore.

I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next for the rest of the villagers (but I'm also proud of you for focusing on school)!

[cheers for Velverette!!]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
                                      • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

That's alright, its usually hard to interpret what someone means in text. But at least you can understand why she hasn't updated in a while. Thank you for clearing it up though.

velverette likes this.
                                        • tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm so so so sad that it seems like this won't be updated anymore. This was my favorite portrait mod, and I would have really loved to have seen it done to fit the Portraiture mod!

iHasIceQueam likes this.