REQUEST Order Anything Online - Computer in the Farmhouse

Discussion in 'Mods' started by scrptrx, Sep 21, 2016.

1. scrptrx

scrptrx Void-Bound Voyager

Here's an idea that I can't execute because I have only mastered the graphical side of things:

• A computer/laptop in the Farmhouse, either as an immobile object like the bed or movable
    • It can reuse already-made graphics that players have like Leah
    • Clicking it activates a list of categories - Farm & Garden, Furniture, Home Decor, Wallpapers & Flooring, Carpentry, Forging, Tackle Shop, Groceries (stuff from the saloon and baking supplies from the seed shop), Specialty Shop (for things like RareCrows or whatever else I'm forgetting). Optional, add Joja-specific stuff (like cola or whatever - buy 6packs online!).
    • Each category lists Every Single Object that can be purchased within the game, but perhaps with a price hike because of shipping lol. This is a biggie for wallpapers/flooring and out-of-season seeds.
    • Inventory lists could be long, but I think the game can handle it, as I currently use a mod that puts a ton of crap in the Seed Shop inventory.
    • The delivery could be instant as if buying in a store (less immersive), or arrive in the mail X days layer (maybe the shipping time depends on how much you pay for shipping, like in the real world! 1 versus 7 days later).
    • Could give the computer "website" a play on Amazon like Amazin' or even make it a daughter corporation of Joja, like Joja Express or Joja Online.
    I'm putting it out there to see if anyone wants to tackle this!

Androxilogin likes this.
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The basics of this could easily be implemented, heck, a simple ALL mod could do most of it.

But making it look nice or have a delay due to "shipping" would require a more complex SMAPI mod, and probably quite a bit of GUI work to make yourself a convincing looking fake website with basic browsing capabilities...

• scrptrx

Heh. Hmm.
        Simple but messy would be best, maybe.
        I'm wondering if there is an "Action" that could include all shop inventory. hmm...

• brittpinkie

brittpinkie Void-Bound Voyager

Don't know if you've seen this, but jwdred released the PelicanFiber mod which does almost exactly what you're requesting :D

SKKN likes this.
          • scrptrx

oooh!

brittpinkie likes this.
            • dollbae

dollbae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yeah but u gotta pay to sign up and shiz

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

No no you can skip the payment when signing up

brittpinkie and dollbae like this.