RELEASED Marnie Romance Mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Stupid-Pants, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Stupid-Pants

Stupid-Pants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Christmas cakes are cool.

Hopeless christmas cakes are even better.

The Marnie Romance Mod expands the character and dialogue behind Pelican Town's local Rancher: Marnie. This mod allows the player to, not only marry Marnie, but also allows them to view a series of Events revolving around a woman who yearns for a fulfilling life beyond quick fixes and years of disappointment.

[​IMG]

I personally believed that the Farmer should've been portrayed as more of a coarse and sarcastic individual, learning to relax after leaving his gruelling job in the Joja Corporation.

That reflects in the responses the player can make throughout this mod.

[​IMG]

As the player, you act as Marnie's voice of reason.

You aim to heal her soul by showing her the joys of leading a (relatively) simple life, grounded in honesty- something you know awaits, you here in the countryside.

You're the only one keeping her from falling back into her rut.

[​IMG]

But your adventure is not without problems. Problems like Mayor Lewis.

[​IMG]

The triggers for events are somewhat harder to obtain than the regular potential spouses you find in the base game.

It should also be said that Lewis' underpants aren't mentioned in Events. I didn't want the quest to interfere with the mod.

I also enjoy displaying them in the Stardew Valley Fair during my first year.

2-Heart Event:
    Requirements: Level 2 Relationship with Marnie and Lewis
    Time: 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunny Weather

This is one of the Base Game events, where the player catches Lewis making excuses to avoid marrying Marnie. There are edits to the dialogue, however, it is more or less fundamentally the same event.

3-Heart Event:
    Requirements: Level 3 Relationship with Marnie, Completed 2-Heart Event
    Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM, Sunny Weather

4-Heart Event:
    Requirements: Level 4 Relationship with Marnie, Completed 3-Heart Event
    Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, Tuesdays ONLY

6-Heart Event I:
    Requirements: Level 6 Relationship with Marnie, Level 3 with Lewis and Jodi, Completed 4-Heart Event
    Time: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM, Sunny Weather

6-Heart Event II:
    Requirements: Level 6 Relationship with Marnie, Level 3 with Lewis (necessary), Completed 6-Heart Event I
    Time: 10:00 AM - 1:50 PM (to prevent doing both events without cheating), Sunny Weather

8-Heart Event:
    Requirements: Level 8 Relationship with Marnie, Completed 6-Heart Event II
    Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Sunny Weather

10-Heart Event:
    Requirements: Level 10 Relationship with Marnie, Completed 8-Heart Event
    Time: 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM (Midnight), Sunny Weather

Download Links

MEGA
    Nexus Link

Mod Written and Created by YungVice/Stupid-Pants

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    • velverette

velverette Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love this, it looks really great and well thought out!! Question: So I have randomanon123's Jas character development mod and they use some of the same files so I'm guessing they aren't compatible. How can I edit my files to merge the two so I can have them both in my game?

Edit: To be specific, the files that overlap are town.xnb and forest.xnb in the events folder

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
      • Stupid-Pants

Stupid-Pants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your best bet is to crack them open with xnb_node and then add the lines to the .yaml files produced. I'm not 100% sure how the Jas development mod works, but you might want to fiddle with Marnie's Dialogue files as well.

velverette likes this.
        • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I like the idea but I appreciate a more 'appropriate for all ages' sattire to a "leaving less to the imagination" sort of deal. I personally thought she should have been a relationship candidate to begin with. Glad someone finally released something along those lines though!

velverette likes this.
          • FBGFNB

FBGFNB Big Damn Hero

Rance!?

• hakinaro

hakinaro Big Damn Hero

sorry to necro but does this mod still work with the newer updates?