Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves

Discussion in 'Writing' started by Jonesy, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Look c: fan art!

(about 90% finished, clothes need smoothing)

Zaynya!

Human & Lupusad.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Thee Pie Man and Jonesy like this.
  2. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

WHY DO MY ALERTS KEEP BREAKING FOR ONLY THIS THREAD!!! GAH!

Jonesy likes this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Chapter 25 is up!

4. Thee Pie Man

Thee Pie Man Subatomic Cosmonaut

The suspense is definitely at an all time high, although it's so balanced throughout these last chapters I'm pretty stoked for more. Thanks for continuing to work on it. Made my night babysitting ten times less stressful at 3 am in the morning, that's for certain.

Jonesy likes this.
  5. Jonesy

I have an amusing mental image of you reading this to whoever you're babysitting as a bedtime story, resulting in a really toned-down version of the story. At least, not at 3 AM, I wouldn't think.

Ponamis and Thee Pie Man like this.
  6. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Started reading this the other day. Only finished two chapters but I really like it! How long have you been writing? In general I mean.

Jonesy likes this.
  7. Jonesy

Glad you're enjoying it! I've been working on it for just over two years, and started about a year before that.

8. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Couple more chapters read. Great story! You're really good at writing for only being a writer for such a short time. There's some errors for sure but no one is perfect. I look forward to reading more when I have more time. (;

Jonesy likes this.
  9. Jonesy

Chapter 26 is up!

Thee Pie Man likes this.
  10. Jonesy

Chapter 27 is up!

Thee Pie Man likes this.
  11. nomad ninga

nomad ninga Star Wrangler

I mean im all for erotic fiction but, this is just too long

12. critsarecool

It's not erotic fiction, it's simply fiction, and damn good fiction at that. If you wanna get your rocks off, go somewhere else.

Jonesy and Arra like this.
  13. Jonesy

This is actually pretty sad. At no point did I claim this was erotic fiction, so I can only assume you saw 'romance' and drew your own conclusions. But this is, in fact, a romance / drama story with little emphasis on the erotic. It wouldn't be allowed on the forums if it was actual erotic fiction.

As for the length, it may well be long compared to some works, but it's also fairly typical for a meaty novel. I once read a piece of work at least ten times this length, and thoroughly enjoyed it. You need to be patient, and actually spend time with a story if you want to get through it. Otherwise, reading might not be for you.

critsarecool likes this.
  14. nomad ninga

well i was joking but you do have a point about it being lazily written short noval (im still joking jees)

15. critsarecool

Dude, just, don't. Take your edgy ass out of here, you don't like it you don't have to read it.

16. nomad ninga

here is the classic example of someone unrelated to the topic adding to the flames, relay tho I was ending this you don't need to keep it going

17. Jonesy

I would appreciate it if you did stop. Making a stupid statement and then amending it with "It was a joke!" doesn't really get people laughing in my experience.

18. nomad ninga

damm (being real now) jokes are difrent in difrent places, where i live that would make me a comedy king, i will get of your thread now tho seems you seem nice enough

19. critsarecool

Sorry, @Jonesy, I won't bring this to your thread.

20. Jonesy

On a brighter note, I've started a little drawing project. I'm hoping to make a piece of H&L art based on a chapter titlepage that really stood out to me in the comic DMZ. It's about halfway done (and is only a pencil drawing), but I'll post it when it's finished.

Edit: And here it is! Couldn't scan it, unfortunately, because the results were genuinely pitiful when I tried it. So, I'm afraid you'll have to make do with a photograph.

H&L Art.jpg

It follows roughly the same format as the DMZ chapter titlepage 'Body of a Journalist';
    - The top row is dedicated to a cityscape with a faction logo. In DMZ it's New York with the Free States of America logos, here it's Esterton with the symbol of Albevion.
    - In addition to the sub-title, the next row contains a minor yet important character. In DMZ it's Matty's news contact, here it's Jessamine and Kasa.
    - The row after that holds a view of a building (in DMZ it was a bridge, but here's it's just the shelter's sign) and some medicine (in DMZ it was a vial of pills, here it's some laudanum plus Zyanya's mortar and pestle).
    - The bottom row has the main female character (Zee in DMZ, Zyanya here) and a vehicle (Humvee in DMZ, sailing ship here).
    - A two-cell image of the protagonist, with the line break obscuring their face. In DMZ it was Matty, and here it's Jakob.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016