The Penguin Syndicate: UFO Lounge - Game discussion thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Apr 30, 2016.

?

Vote for the Chucklefish Forums' representative for Mafia Championships

Poll closed May 2, 2017.
  1. Miss Alkane

60.0%
  2. 611

20.0%
  3. Zebe

20.0%
  4. HunterC1998

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Shhh. Not counting that one.

Jimlad 42 and Zebe like this.
  2. Thingyman

Thingyman Void-Bound Voyager

Hello guys

Once again, thanks for participating in this year's Mafia Championship. It was great to have you be represented (<3 Miss Alkane), and hopefully you'll be there for next year's season as well :)

I thought you might be interested to know that the finale for this season finally started yesterday. 136 communities, 9 games and almost 6 months later - it's finally time for the final 17 players to battle it out to find out which player will earn the title of the Internet's best mafia/werewolf player.

Want to spectate the finale?

If any people from your community are interested in following along and spectating, you can find the game thread here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/3255-Season-3-Final-Game-The-Koopa-Troop-DAY-ONE

The OP post contains a spoiler box called "Threadmarks". Inside this, a table of links to important events will be automatically generated. I.e. it will link to the various day and night starts, for example, making it easier for spectators to get an overview of the game. Day 1 ends tonight at 8 PM EST.

If you'd also like to chat with other spectators about the game, we have a huge chat on Skype with almost 200 people. If you're a social butterfly, this is also just a great opportunity to talk with other mafia/werewolf enthusiasts about whatever - it's a very friendly bunch. Join this chat by adding me on Skype: thingyman (the one with a picture).

Additionally, you can also join the on-site spectator thread by PM'ing "Thingyman" on the site. Note that activation emails will probably go to your spam folder. If you are having trouble with anything, try PM'ing me here.

Hydra event interest?

At least a dozen different communities this year expressed an interest in a so-called "hydra event". If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the idea is that each participating community can send a hydra of two players, the advantage of which is that it's maybe easier to be active when two players are both playing on the same account, and it's also just a lot of fun.

If you are interested in participating in such an event, do let me know and I'll start making a list of interested communities. I don't expect all 135 communities to participate in this at all, so it'll most likely be a smaller thing and obviously it will just be for fun.

Jimlad 42, 611 and Zebe like this.
  3. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Is it time for another game? I think It might be time for another game. I'll start getting the thread together.

4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

It's definitely time for another game. In fact, the TPG thread is already up.

Jimlad 42, Zebe and 611 like this.
  5. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    Zebe likes this.
  6. Ren Fox

Ren Fox Big Damn Hero

How about,

Civilians

Human Speaker
    You are sided with the humans.
    You have 2 votes.
    Anyone who roleblocks, or essentially protects you from harm but gains your votes.
    You will know what role would've effected you, but not who performed it.

As a human speaker, you have everyone's trust.
    But not the ones trying to kill you.
    You will do anything to prevent yourself from dying.

Forum Glitch
    You are sided with the humans.
    You can't be roleblocked or protected in any way.
    You are allowed to create a message that appears two days later, with Your name included in it.
    You aren't allowed to vote.

Forum-Bot2.1.<execute-subroutine-messages spam\\> Posting Message...
    Error...
    Restarting,
    Please wait.

Penguins

Pengiun Bomber
    You are sided with Penguins.
    You have one vote. You are able to talk with your other penguins.
    You can, once per game, give one person a bomb.
    The bomb will kill the person in 2 days...
    But the person can:
    • Pass the bomb to someone else.
    • Or deactivate the bomb, by revealing his/her role.

Trickery! Explosives! Fun! The look in their eyes when they plead for help! Or when they disappear. The syndicate will enjoy this.

7. Thingyman

Thingyman Void-Bound Voyager

Update: Whiskeyjack from the westeros community won ultimate glory and the title of Season 3 Champion :)

If anyone is interested in participating in this fun event and you can find a partner, please send me a PM on this site within the next couple of weeks. I'll check back after the two weeks are up and if I've received a PM, I'll add you to the list and start scheduling with you :).

Jimlad 42, Ren Fox and Zebe like this.
  8. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

The human speaker seems a little unfair I think, The forum glitch seems very similar to the glitch glitch that we have and would probably be similarly funny, and we also already have a penguin bomber. Ultimately though I think the decisions on these are up to @Zebe

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Forum Glitch doesn't actually resemble Glitch Glitch at all, and my personal opinion on it is that it's not a very useful role at all. Leaving messages doesn't really have any use for most players here.
    But the decisions certainly aren't up to me. I'm not the GM anymore, that's you. At the moment you're the only one deciding what roles should be added. I can handle role names/descriptions, though.

Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  10. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Wassup. It's been a while.

How'd Game 14 sound like? Anyone interested? I'd be GMing.

11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

ME! ME! COUNT ME IN!

12. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

A REVIVAL WITH THE ZEBINATOR!!! I IS IN!!!!

((Pardon the lack of skill over the English language..))

Jimlad 42, MilkCalf and Zebe like this.
  13. CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

ME ME ME. PICK ME.

Jimlad 42, Zebe and HunterC1998 like this.
  14. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Alright so including everyone from the Skype chat as well we have:
    • MilkCalf
    • Miss Alkane
    • HunterC1998
    • CjBeats
    • The Squid (maybe)
    • zeskorion
    8-10 players would be enough to start I think, but more than that wouldn't hurt. Dunno what should be expected after a hiatus...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Jimlad 42, Alkanthe and 611 like this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Zeskorion has expressed interest too.

Jimlad 42, 611 and Zebe like this.
  16. HunterC1998

I'm afraid Zesko hasn't been on in about a month..

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I'm aware, but he has also expressed interest to me. This was yesterday.

Jimlad 42, 611 and HunterC1998 like this.
  18. HunterC1998

Really? Did not know that..

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

List updated:
    • MilkCalf
    • Miss Alkane
    • HunterC1998
    • CjBeats
    • The Squid (maybe)
    • zeskorion
    • nomad ninga
    Gonna make a thread after 8th player. How does starting this weekend or next week sound?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  20. nomad ninga

nomad ninga Star Wrangler

hey made a similer game called "ice" if any one wants to play it just go to the thread on it

Jimlad 42 likes this.