RELEASED Extended Cellar

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

[UPDATE] 01/23/17 - New version 0.25 to ensure crashes don't occur. Nothing new added. Download here or below.

[UPDATE] 01/19/17 -
    As with ALL & Entoarox Framework updates, I've added a new fix to keep this mod working. No real changes other than barrels not being removed upon payment completion. You can find it here or at the bottom of this post.

I hadn't added a thread here for this yet but uploaded it to the Nexus (older version) but I've been hard at work with this and a bunch of other locations/tilesheets. I'll be adding an updated version very soon which includes a laundry room and bathroom. Just created the outline for a washer & dryer, now I'll be coloring them & such. I figured I'd post this here for anyone who wanted to follow my progress. Photo of current progress posted below. Download has yet to be updated. Also note that the official page says "Extended Basement" rather than 'Cellar' due to fulfilling unexpected requests along with my American ignorance. A retro game room and/or band room may also be in the works.

[12-23-16] New version 0.22 now available from Nexus!

Changelog:

New update added just in time for the holidays! Cellar is now upgradeable meaning other rooms will be inaccessible until you spend money to add other rooms. A few other minor fixes. Extra tilesheets no longer have to be thrown into the "Content" folder.

[12-02-16] Preview video added for those who haven't tried it yet. Nexus version updated as well.

[12-01-16 | 1:21AM]

Version 0.20 Released
    . Adds the shower and back room.

[EDIT] Progress photo added. Status update: I have a head ache.

[EDIT] .gif image progress animation now attached. (Sorry about the quality, conserving space on my data plan).

[EDIT] Updated alpha release v.0.11 available for testing. Download from the Nexus link and give it a try! Note: this is an .xnb mod, meaning you will want to backup your Maps/Cellar.xnb. Also adds cellar_tiles.xnb to the Content folder so be sure not to forget that while installing otherwise it will not work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
      DatRaph, IronZelly, hadenvoss and 4 others like this.
    • SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

This looks awesome! Can never have more space in SV. The bigger the better. :D :D :D

Come on! Release it already.!!!!

• Androxilogin

Version 0.11 uploaded to the Nexus link above. Unfortunately items are still unplaceable as of now but I'll be trying to find a solution to that once I find out where I want to go with what's here. So far I'm not liking the wallpaper & flooring so I'll most likely end up making something custom if I can figure out something I actually like. I may make this into an ALL mod if it's possible however I can't seem to get overrides to work with this nor could I with the farmhouse upgrades in the past. As of now, this is more of an aesthetic mod than anything. At least a little less horrid than the original.

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Where is the nexus link? I can't seem to find it on here.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Zalkyria likes this.
          • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Thanks~!

• Androxilogin

Thanks @Coolwyngs I've been working at it again but I'm going to wait to upload so it's gooood! I still need to get that dryer working, the drum looks messed up :p.

Coolwyngs and Zalkyria like this.
              • Coolwyngs

This looks very cool so far.

Androxilogin likes this.
                • Androxilogin

Thanks, I'm trying to make it my main project lately, hoping to get the placement of objects eventually but adding a lot of tile interraction to make up for it for now. I wish I could make some mini games such as pool an whatnot and just hook it in, that would be awesome!

Coolwyngs likes this.
                  • Coolwyngs

Wow now that sounds very cool.

• hadenvoss

hadenvoss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So excited to use this!

• Androxilogin

Overnight it has taken many overlooked turns. Not exactly "progress" as far as structure is concerned but simple solutions to stubborn problems have arisen! I did create some new tiles and fixed a lot of other things. The next update wil definitely be a lot better, I swear it! For now I'd like to create some wallpaper and flooring because default is just not cutting it (sorry CA). For now, it's been a typical all-nighter so it's about time to crash out. Later, though.. Get pwumped! ..if I'm not working on music instead, that is, cause I did spend a majority of my focus there last night as well which I'm also excited about! It surely won't reach an actual release for at least a few more days anyway so enjoy what there is for the time being, if you do in fact enjoy what's there so far!

[EDIT] I've attached a photo of some of my progress to a portion of the map. Overkill? Progress? Thoughts?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
                          Coolwyngs and foghorn like this.
                        • Androxilogin

New testing version released. Adds garden portion & shower. Note: I removed some of the maps and tilesheet content I've yet to finish but I wanted to put an update version out there. Also note that this mod now requires ALL which requires Entoarox' Framework.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
                            Coolwyngs, foghorn and Zalkyria like this.
                          • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Sweet Junimo jellies, it's huge. Quantum & Tainted would be proud. :)
                            Nice touch with the [I won't spoil it] warp.

Androxilogin likes this.
                            • Androxilogin

I can't wait to figure out where I'm going with all of this. It would be much more interesting if users could set things other than just treasure chests. Attached is a photo of what I've got so far. I recommend getting zipy's latest notification mod to tell you which room you've entered- because it's cooooool! Some room titles will probably be changed such as "Band Room" (because I see no point to it.). I'm still in contact with Tainted, I'll probably send her a copy tomorrow, maybe see if she wants to add her touch to it.

Attached Files:

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

Very nice, I was just thinking about modifying my own cellar and stumbled on this!

However it's a bit much for me lol, would you mind if I use your's as a template and modify it some more/cut some out?

• Androxilogin

As a personal copy, no. As a reupload, yes.

Iomega0318 likes this.
                                  • Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

That's odd, I would assume it'd be the other way around lol..

But on a side note, yes I did plan to upload my changes to the cellar ;)

• Androxilogin

Lol. I did mean the other way around but since I screwed up you have my permission to post your version to this thread but this is an active mod so changes are already in the works. (I type like an idiot on mobile).

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

lol :p

and no worries I completely understand it's always changing, your version is definitely getting larger it seems with each update as well haha :)