1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

No Steam overlay in Stardew valley

Discussion in 'Support' started by perfectvillain, Oct 14, 2016.

1. perfectvillain

perfectvillain Space Spelunker

I tried posting this as a Steam ticket and I was referred to the devs by them because they said it seems like a game issue not a steam issue because this is the only game I have this issue with...

I have tried using Steam API mod thing and even with that it still does not work, I was reading and I noticed some other people also has this problem which leads me to believe it might be a bug..

I'm just curious if it will be checked out and hopefully fixed, I would like the ability to take screenshots and directly upload them to steam instead of having to do all kinds of work arounds

• Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

Are you playing vanilla (without mods) Stardew Valley, or modded using SMAPI?

• perfectvillain

I play vanilla, I was mentioned to try using the steam api mod thing but it still didn't work with that either

• perfectvillain

So anyone have an idea?

• Nikia

Nikia Title Not Found

I am also having an issue with the Steam overlay, as well as the game not syncing correctly with Steam. It hasnt worked correctly since the update, for me anyway.

• perfectvillain

the overlay hasn't worked since ive had the game and mine syncs fine though

• perfectvillain

I actually tried tweeting CA awhile ago but never got an answer....

• perfectvillain

• bignosepig

bignosepig Starship Captain

Luckily, I have an answer!

It should work if you try alternating between fullscreen and windowed mode, go back and forth until it works, but that only works for a few people

• perfectvillain

Does that mean that it is indeed a bug??

• bignosepig

bignosepig Starship Captain

I guess so