RELEASED Stardew Valley Package Manager - v1.11 with Save Backup and XNB Image Merge 1.16

SVPM is a tool which allows Users to easily modify Stardew Valley with User created mods.

1. NewSpecies

NewSpecies Industrial Terraformer

Update Version 1.10
    - SVPM now recognises the sub-directories of directories that contains DLL files as part of the DLL mod data, and now loads those mods properly. It also ignores those directories when checking their names against existing Stardew Valley data, preventing any unnecessary pop-up checks.
    - Save and Load features added for the Active Mod List. Allowing you to save and load active mod listings.

foghorn and Ladysarajane like this.
    • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

This so far works great! I was able to use the mod GetDressed now.

• gphoenix51

gphoenix51 Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, we've deleted and uninstalled everything. Made clean installs of 1.11 version of Stardew Valley, the 1.10 version of the package manager, 0.40.1.1-3 of SMAPI, the SMAPI Non-Steam game shortcut, and have run it without mods. The checkbox for Launch with SMAPI support is checked, and Steam still won't recognize that the game is being played. It says it hasn't been played for days, even though we just tried running it again. We then downloaded the new version of the make Prairie King Easier Mod and beat the game, did not get either achievement for doing so.

I know you mentioned that the AppData folder is on C: and Steam and Stardew Valley are on E:, but it's set up that way on my computer and it works fine. It doesn't on my sister's. Is there a setting that we missed? Something else we need to check or double check? Because as far as I can tell, my setup is the same as my sister's and she isn't being recognized by Steam, which cuts her out of the Achievements. I, however, seem to be getting recognized by Steam, it keeps up with my play time and I just got a Steam Achievement. So I don't understand why it's working for me and not my sister.

• Ladysarajane

Are you playing SDV in Steam in offline mode? Does Steam do a check for updates when you start your computer? If not check Steam to see if you have it in offline mode.
          There might be some incompatible programs on your sisters computer. Game stats not showing in Steam
          So double check settings on steam, and check that link to so if there are any programs that might interfer.
          Does steam recognize her computer with time played if she plays using the steam overlay?

• NewSpecies

@gphoenix51

I couldn't tell you exactly why it's working on one machine or another. The reason why I wrote the part of code that requires steam links in the first place was because without steam shell, there wouldn't be any achievements. There isn't a direct way to load steam.exe and specify that you want to run the SMAPI exe, outside of having Steam generate a link to load a pre-existing steam application. For achievements to work Stardew Valley needs two things. First it needs to have steam shell injected in to it, any game that loads with the shell will pop something up when the injector latches on to a graphics object. The next thing is the steam_appid.txt in the executable directory, with the numbers "413150" inside. Steam shell will use this to identify which game it's running, and achievements associated with the application.

• izzycubs932

izzycubs932 Space Hobo

YAAAY!!! Thank you so much!! For some reason, I did not have the steam_appid.txt file at all, and @gphoenix51 did, so he copied it over, I put it in the right folder, and voila! It works now! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• NewSpecies

@izzycubs932

You're welcome. Glad everything worked out. :)

• gphoenix51

When I updated to v 1.10, the PrairieKingMadeEasy 1.0.0 Mod stalls the program and it will not run with that mod activated. It worked on the previous versions of the Package Manager, but for some reason, the update doesn't agree with the mod now. When I put it at the top of the load order, the SVPM Console Output window comes up blank, and the entire program stalls and crashes. It says not responding and then I have to force close it. I put that mod in a different place in the load order, everything runs fine until it gets to Prairie King Mod and then it stalls and crashes. I deactivate that mod, everything runs fine again.

Oh, and thank you for helping with my sister's problem, that was really confusing why she didn't have that file. And that a tiny 1kb file could be such a big problem.

• NewSpecies

@gphoenix51
                    Found a few bugs in the new release. Load the program up and do an update. That should fix those problems.

• gphoenix51

That took care of it, Thanks a lot!

• NewSpecies

No problem. :)

• NewSpecies

• kirinelf

kirinelf Space Hobo

Hiya, neat little program, but I have a little bit of a question.

[​IMG]

As you can see in the image above, I have all the mods deactivated. However, upon launching:

[​IMG]

It decides to load them anyways. I'm currently experiencing crashes upon loading the game and am trying to deactivate the mods one at a time to find the culprit, but this little bug makes that impossible.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

• Ladysarajane

I came across a odd thing, I have the newest SVPM 1.11. I used it and disabled the mod, Lookup Anything 1.4. I had SVPM look up where I put the new file Lookup Anything 1.5 and added it and activated it. (Version 1.4 still on the inactive list) After testing a couple a minutes I thought everything was well and deleted the version 1.4.
                            I realized later, when I got casks that the mod Lookup Anything wasn't working correctly. Turns out SVPM didn't extract the files correctly. I had two versions mixed and it missed copying a .pdb file into the folder. This may have been a strange oddity, but maybe a way in the Manager to "update" current mods in use?

• NewSpecies

@kirinelf
                              @Ladysarajane : You don't have to worry about the pdb file, that's just a debug information file and is not used for anything but debugging. Also to answer your question about updates. It's certainly possible to add the functionality of mod updates, but that would require a server keeping versioning info for mods. As well as the communities and content creators will to create mod packages with versioning information. (Which I assume might become a feature, if ConernedApe adds an official way of adding mods to a game.) I added the ability to add mod info to a mod zip, so that you could find a web link to where updates could be found. But to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure many mod creators use it since a lot of users install mods manually, and not through a manager system.

Edit: It seems a lot of the issues stemmed from one of the classes I added recently to handle file lists. I fixed it up now, and it seems to be removing inactive dll mods properly now.

Just perform an update, and it should fix that problem. :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
                                Ladysarajane likes this.
                              • Ladysarajane

Thanks, I will do that when I get back home. :)

• kirinelf

kirinelf Space Hobo

Seems to be working fine now. Had to reactivate then deactivate the mods to actually get them to leave, but that's no biggie. I can actually play the game now~ xD

• dollbae

dollbae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How do we use this just for image merge? I want to merge content and then put it into my game but I can't figure it out. Also I have posted another post about editing content.

• NewSpecies

@dollbae Settings > XNB Image Merge > Enable

Image Merge uses the mods that are active as a source. So, all you have to do is enable it and the rest will be taken care of.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
                                      • RendHeaven

RendHeaven Void-Bound Voyager

How do you remove a mod from the list? Delete button not working.