RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI] TimeSpeed Mod--Configurable Day Lengths

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by cantorsdust, Mar 4, 2016.

1. SarahSyna

SarahSyna Subatomic Cosmonaut

Merge the two Mods folders.

Also, are you using Steam? You have to set custom Launch Options in the game's properties to use the API with it.

• Mobscene

Mobscene Space Spelunker

So the SMAPI files(except the exe) go into the mods folder?

What about the extra file( .PDB )? Does that go in the Stardew Valley Steam folder?

The instructions in the original post and the site to download SMAPI are very unclear about this :p

• SarahSyna

SarahSyna Subatomic Cosmonaut

The exe and PDB go into the Stardew Valley folder, the Mods folders merge and then you put Timespeed inside that Mod folder. Also, check your Mods folder after for a folder called 'TrainerMod' and delete it. I've seen a few reports of it crashing the game in 1.1.

• Mobscene

Mobscene Space Spelunker

Ok, thanks for the help.

• Kagea

Kagea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey ok to install smapi right you just copy the extracted stuff into your stardew valley folder. It should look like this in your Stardew Valley folder:
            the mods folder in the smapizip is THE mod folder where you install every other mod in. As far as I remember vanilla stardew vally does not come with a mod folder.
            [​IMG]
            if you have it on steam you of course don't have the gog stuff.
            Now you just put the Timespeed mod in the mod folder.Your mod folder will likely look like that then:
            [​IMG]
            and in the Timespeedfolder you should find those three files:
            [​IMG]
            Oh and another important thing that many people forget is that from now on you start your game with the StardewModdingAPI.exe . But as you get an error I guess you already do this.

I hope this helps you :)

Edit: It seems like the forum don't like me and it didn't Show me the comments after your post so I guess the problem is already solved just don't mind this comment :D

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
            • Kashii49829

Kashii49829 Void-Bound Voyager

I guess I should ask this thread before I try installing this mod or looking for a equivalent: Everything still works fine/safely, and if not or if it does.. Does anyone know of a mod which does this but better that people have been working on?

• damioh

damioh Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone have a problem with their casks in the cellar not working with this mod? A whole year has gone by and they have not produced any higher quality wine. I took off the time freeze indoors but still doesn't seem to work.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Okay this might be a dumb question so apologies in advance but where do I go to get the 1.1 Timespeed update? I can find all the links to the old version but I'm not seeing anything for the new one. It has been updated, hasn't it?

• Kashii49829

Kashii49829 Void-Bound Voyager

I forgot where I found it, if I remember I'll let you know Luthien.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I got it figured out, I guess you don't actually have to download it again, as long as you update your SMAPI the Timespeed mod will still work, it even keeps all your settings intact. :)

• LasurDragon

LasurDragon Astral Cartographer

You can find unofficial updated version for SMAPI here.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
                        • HorseLove856

HorseLove856 Yeah, You!

I have a question, now that Stardew Valley has updated to 1.1, what release of SMAPI and this mod do i need to install.

• Tblob18

Tblob18 Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, i get some errors when i try to start the programm, it tells me about "objectvariable" and a "with-Blockvariable" not being set.

nformationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
                            anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
                            System.NullReferenceException: Die Objektvariable oder die With-Blockvariable wurde nicht festgelegt.
                            bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ctor(Object Instance)
                            bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
                            bei SDVMM.MainForm.checkSmapiUpdate()
                            bei SDVMM.MainForm.SDVMM_Startup()
                            bei SDVMM.MainForm._Lambda$__1(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
                            bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
                            bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
                            bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
                            bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
                            bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                            bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                            bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                            bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
                            bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
                            mscorlib
                            Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
                            Win32-Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
                            ----------------------------------------
                            SDVMM
                            Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
                            Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
                            CodeBase: file:///G:/SDVMM/SDVMM%20(2).exe.
                            System.Windows.Forms
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
                            System
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
                            System.Drawing
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
                            Microsoft.VisualBasic
                            Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
                            Win32-Version: 14.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
                            System.Core
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
                            System.Deployment
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll.
                            System.Deployment.resources
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll.
                            System.Configuration
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
                            System.Xml
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
                            Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources
                            Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
                            Win32-Version: 14.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources/v4.0_10.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources.dll.
                            System.Windows.Forms.resources
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
                            mscorlib.resources
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
                            Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
                            Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
                            (machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
                            Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
                            <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
                            </configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
                            Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
                            Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

Can some one pls help me with this ?

• Menolly68

Menolly68 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey,
                              ich schreibe mal auf Deutsch, weil du anscheinend auch Deutscher bist.

Ich habe 2 Fragen
                              Wo hast du das Spiel genau Installiert, und
                              2. wo SMAPI?

Ich musste den Pfad noch mal extra eingeben, weil ich das Spiel aus D: habe, aber SMAPI in C: suchte.

Nur eine Idee.

• Guy'YeahThatGuy

Guy'YeahThatGuy Aquatic Astronaut

Can we get a "ZA WARUDO" voice over and animation for the freeze time?

• ChibiBerry

ChibiBerry Void-Bound Voyager

Hihi~ I've never tried using mods before and hardly anything is working, I'm really nubby with computers and such so I have no clue whats going on for the most part... so sorry in advance ;-;

I'm trying to use SDVMM (Stardew Valley Mod Manager) and I have a few mods installed:

-Inventory Rotator (Deactivated due to it being storm)
                                  -Stamina Regen
                                  -StardewCJB
                                  -Timespeed
                                  -FreezeInside (Deactivated due to Timespeed)
                                  -SocialEditor

The only mod which works for me is CJB which is a mod which allows you to see how much an item is worth, with or without Timespeed activated.

The only reason why I want Timespeed is to freeze time in the mines.

My SMAPI is version 1.5, It wants to update but I can't for some reason. This is most likely my issue, but I'm unable to update it and I don't know why

[20:58:09 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 1.5 with Stardew Valley 1.11 on Microsoft Windows N
                                  T 6.2.9200.0
                                  [20:58:09 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading SMAPI...
                                  [20:58:09 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading game...
                                  [20:58:09 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading mods...
                                  [20:58:09 ERROR SMAPI] Couldn't load mod for manifest 'C:\Program Files (x86)\St
                                  eam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\InventoryRotatorStorm\manifest.json': m
                                  anifest parsing failed.
                                  Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value "0.3" to type
                                  'StardewModdingAPI.ISemanticVersion'. Path 'version', line 4, position 20. --->
                                  System.ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to Stard
                                  ewModdingAPI.ISemanticVersion.
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable(Object value,
                                  Type initialType, Type targetType)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast(Object initialValue,
                                  CultureInfo culture, Type targetType)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(Json
                                  Reader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type ta
                                  rgetType)
                                  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(Json
                                  Reader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type ta
                                  rgetType)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInte
                                  rnal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty mem
                                  ber, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Obje
                                  ct existingValue)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValu
                                  e(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract
                                  containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object tar
                                  get)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(
                                  Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty m
                                  ember, String id)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(Js
                                  onReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Js
                                  onContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object exis
                                  tingValue)
                                  rnal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty mem
                                  ber, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Obje
                                  ct existingValue)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(Jso
                                  nReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type
                                  objectType)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, Jso
                                  nSerializerSettings settings)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSeriali
                                  zerSettings settings)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value)
                                  at StardewModdingAPI.ModHelper.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in D:\source
                                  \_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\ModHelper.cs:line 85
                                  at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods() in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\Stard
                                  ewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 373
                                  [20:58:09 WARN SMAPI] Ignored folder "StaminaRegen" which doesn't have a manife
                                  st.json.
                                  [20:58:09 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: CJB Show Item Sell Price by CJ Bok, v1.5 | Sh
                                  ow item sell price in your inventory!
                                  [20:58:09 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: TimeSpeed Mod by cantorsdust and Syndlig, v1.
                                  8 | Allows for a configurable ten minute tick length.
                                  [20:58:09 ERROR TimeSpeed Mod] Invalid JSON (ModConfig): C:\Program Files (x86)\
                                  Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TimeSpeed\config.json
                                  Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: After parsing a value an unexpected charact
                                  er was encountered: ". Path 'FreezeTimeIndoors', line 8, position 2.
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParsePostValue()
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(
                                  Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty m
                                  ember, String id)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(Js
                                  onReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Js
                                  onContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object exis
                                  tingValue)
                                  ct existingValue)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(Jso
                                  nReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type
                                  objectType)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, Jso
                                  nSerializerSettings settings)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSeriali
                                  zerSettings settings)
                                  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value)
                                  at StardewModdingAPI.Config.LoadConfig[T]() in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\S
                                  tardewModdingAPI\Config.cs:line 58
                                  TimeSpeed Has Loaded
                                  [20:58:09 DEBUG SMAPI] Loaded 2 mods.
                                  [20:58:09 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting game...
                                  [20:58:09 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting console...
                                  [20:58:09 INFO SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usa
                                  ge
                                  Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 413150
                                  Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198218303165 [API loaded no]

1. What do you have your time tick length set to?
                                  30.0​

2. Does it still occur if you remove my time mod?

It still loads one other mod I have (none of the others work regardless of this), which allows you to see how much things sell for. So the mods still work without this one being involved.​

3. Does it still occur if the tick length is set to 7?

Yes​

4. Did this occur upon saving or upon loading your save?

Loading I guess? It never worked when launching​

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Use the unofficial updated version of this mod:
                                    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/timespeed-unofficial.126181/
                                    or Nexus link: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/646/?

ChibiBerry likes this.
                                    • Hogweed

Hogweed Void-Bound Voyager

The link on your overview gave me the SMAPI 1.5, But I found a 1.8 version...????
                                      https://github.com/cantorsdust/TimeSpeed

Do I need to install that?? If yes, how do I remove the 1st SMAPI I installed? It does not show up in the control panel add/remove programs...
                                      Please let me know as soon as possible. This is wasting over 2 hours just to install a MOD??? It should take 10 minutes!! PLEASE FIX THIS!!

• Hogweed

Hogweed Void-Bound Voyager

Cant get it to work. Time is still 7 sec for 10 min tick. The config.json reads 14 as the default, which is fine.
                                        Getting this error:
                                        ..\common\processpipe_any.cpp (232) : Assertion Failed: OpenFileMapping returned NULL (errno=2)
                                        Assert( Assertion Failed: OpenFileMapping returned NULL (errno=2) ):..\common\processpipe_any.cpp:232

I put the 3 files in the steamapps/common/stardew Valley/Mods folder. I got these from the TimeSpeed-646-2-0-2 zipfile.
                                        The version of SMAPI I used was SMAPI-1.5.
                                        I opened steam and added the StardewModdingAPI %command% under the Set Launch Options as well, then opened the game from the steam page.

Is this the right version? This thread is such a mess I cant make heads or tails from what version of either the mod or the SMAPI I should use!!!!
                                        Can you please let me know which version of SMAPI works with this mod???

EDIT You need to clean up the Front page of this thread, and clearly mark the required versions. I just saw the refernce to 1.8.0.1 SMAPI. You need to remove all the redundant data below that, as it is very confusing.

So 2.02 of the MOD, works with SMAPI version 1.8.0.1,, Ill giove this a try and respond with what happens.

Also, you really need to explain the config file, which numbers do I need to change, the default, the 2 single options below that, or all 3??

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
                                        • aprilr41

aprilr41 Big Damn Hero

Hi, I've got this mod installed and API says it's loaded, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to change the time? Where can I find the options please?