RELEASED [SMAPI] Seasonal Immersion 1.12.0

A more seasonal farm at only $49,99! (Without VAT)

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Have you ever been bothered by your buildings never changing? Well, with the Seasonal Immersion DLC (At only $49,99!*) you can now see the difference in your world each season!
    * Price is excluding $49,99 taxation, can only be purchased by legal inhabitants of Mars, not legal to own in the territories of Venus

Now, seriously, this is a mod that comes with 4 directories marked for each of the 4 seasons, if a whitelisted xnb for a specific file exists in all four directories, this mod will use the one from each of the season folders for that season.
    This mod is setup to detect what buildings stardew has, and then scan its 4 season folders for a file of the same name existing in each.
    Only when a building file exists for each season will the seasonal edits be applied, otherwise the default vanilla building is kept instead.
    It does the same for the Flooring file, and does it twice for the Craftables, once for outdoor craftables (Craftables_outdoor) and once for indoor craftables (Craftables_indoor).

Currently I am looking for a graphical artist who is willing to make seasonal edits to the default buildings so a vanilla version of this mod can be released.
    If supplied with the correct textures, I will also release Seasonal Buildings versions for those.

Read more about this mod...

Content Packs:
    Creating a content pack:
    To create a content pack is relatively easy, you start with 4 folders, named `spring`, `summer`, `fall` and `winter`.
    Next, you put png files named exactly the same thing, into each of these 4 folders.
    These png files should be identical to the name of the Building you want to make seasonal, or identical to one of the specially added seasonal textures (see below).
    As long as a identically named texture exists in all 4 folders, then the mod will make the specific building or whitelisted texture seasonal.

The following textures are whitelisted:
    1. All files under Content/Buildings are valid to make seasonal
    2. The `TerrainFeatures/Flooring` file is valid to make seasonal
    3. The `TileSheets/Craftables` file is valid to make seasonal (Note: See exception)
    A exception exists for the TileSheets/Craftables file, as that is treated seasonal in 2 ways.
    One, is as a indoor file (Craftables_indoor) and the other as a outdoor file (Craftables_outdoor)
    Thus, to have seasonal outdoor craftables, you would have a file name `Craftables_outdoor.png` in each of the 4 seasonal directories, and for indoor the file would be called `Craftables_indoor.png`
    If only one, or neither of the sets is complete, then the default Craftables texture is used.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

OMG...I almost fell off my chair laughing reading this :)
      Going to have to check this out.
      I am not into doing coding, but it would it be possible to make a mod using a recipe using holly for crafting to add strings of holly like an extra wallpaper inside the house? Holly is basically worthless otherwise. I love this idea of decorating for the seasons.

Checking this out :)

wOOt! Works great. Love my Hobbit hole.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
        foghorn likes this.
      • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

This is the only other seasonal exterior mod I've ever seen, it's by @Chisami
        Only released via Tumbler, though. :(

chisami_-_2016-10-13_11.51.26.png

cankersaur and IronZelly like this.
        • fftljoe

fftljoe Space Penguin Leader

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is a shame, but it doesn't seem to have seasons for all the house levels anyhow...
          If this is about the highlighted tile not being traversable, it is because only the texture is different, the walls remain the same.

• fftljoe

fftljoe Space Penguin Leader

Not at all, just wanted to post a screenshot

• GBDetective

GBDetective Void-Bound Voyager

@Entoarox Would a similar mod that changes the graphics for the different farm buildings based on season be possible as well? As long as someone where to supply all the necessary graphics?

I feel like this has been requested quite a lot by artists, but now for the life of me I can't remember which ones. I am working on seasoning up the default houses, but it will take a long time, and I'm lazy and would really rather someone else do it. :p I'll still work on it until someone else volunteers though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I've looked into it, and right now the answer is "probably", but I've been considering to instead of having separate mods, make it so this single mod can handle all buildings, and simply checks if a building is seasonal.

foghorn likes this.
                • Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

Is this compatible with the 1.1 update and the basement upgrade? I want this so bad lol but I had to remove all my current mods because it was messing with the update.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The basement upgrade has no effect on the exterior, so it is indeed compatible, I checked the mod on a t4 (basement) save, and the exterior was updated properly with the seasons.

• simdebster

simdebster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My house decorated up for the holidays like all the houses in town are, I just love the idea of this mod.

• PanWicker

PanWicker Title Not Found

I just put together my own seasonal houses using the coding from this mod with the greenhouse from here, B00 of pack3 from here, and decorations already in the game with a few that I made.
                        I was originally just gonna keep it to myself, but if anyone wants it let me know.

Attached Files:

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Are there pictures to this mod? I would love to see it before I install it.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I would gladly release a version of this as part of the mod! your work looks awesome!
                            The pictures are the same as those of the seasonal houses file used, so look over at the creator of the file to see them, cross-posting them here would not give any more effect I am afraid, this mod just automates replacing the graphics used rather then having the user restart the game each season in order to switch the files out themselves.

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah! Thank you

• anothersarah

anothersarah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for this, now I just have to figure out how to match my dream seasonal hobbit hole with my map recolor... hehe

• PanWicker

PanWicker Title Not Found

Thank you so much!

• Farzaxis

Farzaxis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would like to make a reskin of the Houses using this mod if i may.
                                    Not the dafault though.

Question, is it possible to make other farm buildings seasonal as well?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Theoretically it should be yes, Unfortunately, I am currently working on another mod that I want to finish off first (More Pets) before I dig back into this one and extend it to support more buildings.

Acerbicon likes this.
                                      • Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

This really looks nice! I wouldn't mind using it either. >_>