RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That's pretty weird. The update check is most likely unrelated, but it may be caused by the way menus are managed by the mod. The upcoming 1.6 release eliminates the custom menu and greatly simplifies menu management, which should fix the issues around switching between the access and edit screens.

• freevortex

freevortex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I messed around with it, and discovered that if I change all my chests back to the default color, they appear again. Might not be the mod, might just be something odd in 1.1?

Thanks for the quick reply, and for the awesome mod :)

Pathoschild likes this.
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That's possible; I vaguely recall someone reported a transparent chest issue in 1.1 (possibly on Reddit?), but I can't find it now.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Attached is an experimental beta preview of the 1.6 release. The mod now overlays the normal chest menu instead of creating custom menus, which (a) fixes the weird issues when switching menus, (b) enables compatibility with most mods that interact with the chest/inventory menus, and (c) lets us have a consistent UI regardless of how you opened the menu.

1.6 release status
          This is a major rewrite, and still needs to be polished and thoroughly tested before release. It's available now for early feedback.

Specific testing:
          • ✓ Does this fix the issue where the controller toggle button doesn't close the menu? @fftljoe
          • ✓ Does this fix compatibility with Chest Pooling? @freevortex
          • ✓ Does this fix the weird issues when switching between access & edit screens? @Redawilo
          If you're willing to test a beta release, try it out and let me know. :)

Main changes
          • You can now navigate chests after opening one directly.
          • Added compatibility with most inventory mods.
          • Added an option to disable hover tooltips.
          • Fixed controller toggle button not closing the menu.
          • Fixed chest menu behaving unpredictably after closing the edit form in some cases.
          Mod compatibility
          Mods that should be compatible with version 1.6:
          • ✓ Chest Label System (untested).
          • ✓ Chest Pooling.
          • ✓ CJB Automation (untested).
          • ✓ CJB Show Item Sell Price.
          • ✓ FarmAutomation.ItemCollector.
          • ✓ Lookup Anything.
          Mods not compatible with Chests Anywhere:
          • ✘ Extended Fridge is not compatible. Although you can safely use both mods, they'll interfere with each other. When you open the fridge directly, you'll only see the Extended Fridge features; when you open it remotely, you'll only see the Chests Anywhere features. The mod author is aware of the issue, and we've been discussing possible solutions. This is easier to address with the changes in 1.6, but will require significant changes in the Extended Fridge mod too.
          (EDIT: removed download; see latest version.)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
            mat013579 and foghorn like this.
          • fftljoe

fftljoe Space Penguin Leader

I'll look into that later when I am home Thanks

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

I can confirm some things from doing a quick test on it.

Chest Pooling does work with this version--went to put an acorn in one chest, and it automagically went into the chest where an acorn already was.

The only weird thing I've run into is with the color selector bar--besides the being-underneath-the-chest-name-and-location/category (from what I have seen, however, it is not too far underneath to prevent color selection), when accessing a chest manually and then switching to another chest, the color selector bar disappears. The color selector bar does not come up when accessed through the hotkey. While I'm not sure what can be done about it, it did seem a little strange when I switched and suddenly it was gone.

Pathoschild likes this.
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yeah, there aren't many positions that work at all window sizes. This was the compromise I settled on for 1.6, but ideas for a better layout are welcome. :)

That was deliberate, though I'm open to changing it. I assumed that players change the colours to group or identify chests in the world, in which case the colour picker wouldn't be useful when accessed remotely. In retrospect, I can see some use cases for always showing the colour picker; for example, you can navigate tabs using the left and right keys, so the colours could help you quickly navigate to a group of chests.

So the question is: should the colour picker always be shown?

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

I just ran into another sort of buggy thing: when I try to name a chest with something containing "e", like "Seeds", the entire dialogue closes. Didn't used to be that way.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks, that's fixed now. You can download the latest 1.6 file to see the changes. :)

• fftljoe

fftljoe Space Penguin Leader

Pathoschild likes this.
                    • mat013579

mat013579 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for update Mods!

why sort by Order not working?
                      please add back "Organize" at char inventory when open menu "ChestsAnywhere" (like ver.1.5).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Both fixed. You can download the latest 1.6 files to see the changes. :)

• mat013579

mat013579 Void-Bound Voyager

Pathoschild likes this.
                        • General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Version 1.6 is now available!

Changes:
                          • Added Chests Anywhere UI when opening a chest directly.
                          • Added compatibility with most inventory mods.
                          • Added an option to disable hover tooltips.
                          • Fixed controller toggle button not closing the menu.
                          • Fixed chest menu behaving unpredictably after closing edit form in some cases.
                          • Major rewrite under the hood.
                          Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

• Redawilo

Redawilo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry it took so long to reply, but yes! This does fix the issue I had. =D Thank you so much.

Pathoschild likes this.
                            • Luzzifus

Luzzifus Seal Broken

After upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6, I can't control the mod with my Xbox-Controller anymore. It worked with 1.5. When I press the button to toggle the chests, I hear the sound but nothing shows up. Controlling it with mouse + keyboard works fine. After opening the chests with the keyboard shortcut, the controller buttons for cycling through chests don't work and also trying to "click" on the chest selection box does nothing.

My config:
                              Code:
                              {
                                "Keyboard": {
                                  "Toggle": "R",
                                  "PrevChest": "Left",
                                  "NextChest": "Right",
                                  "SortItems": ""
                                },
                                "Controller": {
                                  "Toggle": "Y",
                                  "PrevChest": "LeftTrigger",
                                  "NextChest": "RightTrigger",
                                  "SortItems": null
                                },
                                "CheckForUpdates": true,
                                "ShowHoverTooltips": true
                              }
                              I saw that the value of "SortItems" changed from an empty string to NULL in the new version, but it doesn't seem to make a difference regarding my problem.

If you need any more information about my setup, please let me know.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Fixed in the upcoming 1.7 release. Support for the trigger buttons broke due to an oversight in the 1.6 rewrite.

Fixed in 1.7; it has no effect on the code, but consistency is nice.

That's strange. Please:
                                1. try it again (to make sure details are in the log);
                                2. send me the file at %appdata%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs\MODDED_ProgramLog.Log_LATEST.txt;
                                3. and send me your save files at %appdata%\StardewValley\Saves.
                                You can use expirebox.com to temporarily upload a zip file; feel free to send the link in a private message if you don't want to publish our save.

Luzzifus likes this.
                                • Luzzifus

Luzzifus Seal Broken

Did you see my private message?