Spooky Weird Dreamz Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KookyKeronian, Feb 22, 2015.

?

What kind of dreams do you have more frequently?

1. Dreams

48.4%
  2. Nightmares

17.2%
  3. Lucid Dreams

17.2%
  4. I never dream!

17.2%
  1. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

I can't remember much of my dream last night, but the ending was interesting. I had switched from whatever I was dreaming about to watching The End of Time, part 2, the finale for the Tenth Doctor. It was at the point where the Master (the Doctor's lifelong enemy) was trying to amplify a signal that was embedded into his mind, the sound of four drum beats, which is also the sound of a Gallifreyan (read: Time Lord) heart beat. I woke up a bit after that, to the sound of another heartbeat, with a source that I couldn't distinguish, but it wasn't mine. As soon as I got out of my bed to look for it, it stopped. Needless to say, it was pretty spooky.

2. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

About one year ago i dreamed of eating egg shells for a few weeks, almost every night.
    If anyone wonders it doesn't taste bad but the shells are harder than i expected.

3. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I had a dream where I was surviving in space with my dad and one of my sisters. We were on some alien planet, and somehow we always knew where the next massive destructive storm would pop up but not when. So we were in our station and the storm began forming and I remember that we basically ignored it cause we were playing video games, right up until it was about to destroy the last bit of base that we were in. We freaked out of course, and then we accepted death. Then I realized that this was a dream and that I could go back in time and save us, so I did. I went back and warned us and we took the important stuff and got out. Then I woke up thinking that space is scary.

4. Interference-Tinkerer

Interference-Tinkerer Tentacle Wrangler

My dreams are mostly mundane, with me wandering about life and study. It's also very realistic - basically real life without the problems of it. There was this weird mall, with around 12 floors, merged with a church and a hotel tower. It's the scene for many of my dreams, and there are a few weird things about that place. Escalators with ridiculously high speeds, floors that shrink the higher you go, a really, really large toilet... My mind kinda went creative mode for that place. I also had a dream that I was a superpowered human and I can dash all over the place and also move things telekinetically. But rarely, it's very, very gory. I can't post it in this forum, obviously. Let's just say that animals were involved the last time it happened and I can't sleep after that.

Lately though, I've been dreaming less, probably due to my increasingly messy bed schedule [I blame Starbound and my study for that]. Ah well, I'll let you know when the next notable dream comes up!

5. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

oh shit. I just woke up from two consecutive nightmares.

First one had me hanging around with a circle of friends. Looks like I was the only "white boy" there, as one of the guys there pointed out. I don't remember having a dream like this before but apparently I had information about those kids' past that the dream never showed me. And one of them wanted to break into the music biz. After meeting JayZ I think, and hearing him make a speach about something or another, he asked if any of us had ever drove a BMW before. Apparently none of them did, save for the kid that wanted to be in the showbiz. But he didn't admit it. I knew it because I witnessed it before, somehow. He was a valet for rich folk before. So in a bold move, I revealed that he has, which the guys reacted in surprise. I tried to argue that he shouldn't be ashamed of what he did, of his history. That's when one of the kids pulled a gun on my face, resenting my reasons (while revealing the aforementioned difference in ethnicy between us). This being a dream, the shots he fired upwards to intimidate me all fell on me a like hot brass, burning my hands, while a bystander screamed "hot lead rain!!!". Another thing that happened which seems totally random was a coworker of mine doing 'shroms. In fact, at one point the entire house I was in was high on 'shroms except me. The dream ended as the music guy disappeared and I went after him.

The second nightmare came in right after the first one. It had nothing to do with music but it also ended up with me staring down a barrel of a gun. What's disturbing about this one is that it was set on my hometown, which I'm going to visit soon. And I am constantly hearing that crime is on the rise there. I can't remember the details but it involved a bunch of hooligans picking on me and my family, sending insults and pebbles our way. They were entirely unreasonable. When my brother tried to argue with them, it only made their behaviour worse. When I finally had enough of it, I paid back in kind. That prompted a car chase which led us close to home. There, I picked a revolver and, after everyone got out of their respective vehicles, threatened to shoot them if they didn't leave us alone. Some of the younger ones were scared, but the only adult in that lot pulled a pistol of his own on us. He fired on the ground my father was standing on. Enraged at that, I tried to fire my weapon too, only to hear that distinctive "clack" of an empty gun. All I managed to shoot was an exasperated glance at my sister who handed me a firearm without any bullets in it (understandable, as the idea was to intimidate, not actually kill anyone). The nightmare ended as he proceeded to humiliate us even further as he held us at gunpoint. I woke up angry and frustrated at my powerlessness, and now that I think about the planned trip to the very place this nightmare took place in, I started worrying about it. That man also infuriated me because of his cocky behaviour, showing off to the rest of his people, acting all "chappy" while being a massive cunt to us. And I took to this thread as soon as I woke up while the details are still fresh.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Kashmir likes this.
  6. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I had a dream last night where I was in the Starbound universe trying to stop a human facility from being blown up. Asra had tricked a bunch of primitive Florans into disconnecting some wires that kept the reactor stable. I got in there and the Florans swarmed me. I got out a spear and started flurrying. After they were all dead, I reconnected the wires. The Florans would have gone down with the facility anyway.

LOL BALL likes this.
  7. AgentChicken

AgentChicken Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have really weird dreams, like something from an Stephen King novel.

One dream that i remember was of me waking up and walking down the hallway at my current residence, and my family was sitting around the table having dinner which was weird because it was the middle of the day and my family never sits at the dinner table unless we had guests. Everything looked and seemed fine until they all said at the exact same time "Come sit down and eat", when i was pushed suddenly against the chair by what felt like small hands at my ankles. As i sat down i started to look at my fingers and they started to get smaller and smaller until they were the size of a tooth pick and everything in the dream suddenly went really fast like on fast forward. Then out of no where the family exploded into giant humanoid centipedes and really quickly grabbed me when i suddenly woke up sweating and in a sitting position in the dead centre of my bed looking at my fingers.

8. ArcanaZero

ArcanaZero Tentacle Wrangler

I've had all kinds of weird dreams throughout my life so far. Recently, I experienced my first lucid dream, though I didn't have as much control over it as I would've liked. The earliest part of that dream I can remember is the moment I realized I was dreaming. I had just entered a warped version of one of my friend's houses when I started floating around uncontrollably. In this instant, it clicked in my head that I was dreaming. Going from there, my friend's home disappeared around me and became a cityscape of sorts. I began outrunning cars, soon after jumping onto them with difficulty. After that, I tried to outrun the people shuffling past one another down the sidewalk to get to their destination, though my dream wouldn't let me. I then arrived at this high wall with some kids sitting on the edge. I couldn't climb the aforementioned wall for some stupid reason, and, just as I was about to give up and move on, a rope appeared out of thin air. As I was climbing the strange rope, it started swinging and flung me into a gigantic spider web. This is when I woke up.

LOL BALL likes this.
  9. AgentChicken

Alot of people say that dreams have some kind of meaning to them, i just think the Human Brain is just working in mysterious ways.

10. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Some can predict the future, as I get those kinds all the time. Usually every time, before monday starts, I have dreams about what school is going to be like.

11. AgentChicken

The Human brain is mysterious, sometimes you have very pleasant dreams and sometimes you have those dreams where you are made out of jello.

12. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Are you saying that dreams where you are made out of jello aren't pleasant?

13. AgentChicken

Well it depends on your fetish, Dreams can be made up of the most scariest stuff

14. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

LOL. I love it when I dream about David Tennant. I wish they would never end.

BloodyFingers likes this.
  15. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I keep having nightmares about going back to high school. Last night I dreamed I was talking to my friend about Sister Location for the entire lunch break, and didn't get to eat until the bell rang. Then I couldn't remember where I was supposed to stand in line, and was asked by our new teacher if I was familiar with the 'Wookie Code'. Apparently everyone in the class gets to choose a title, and my old one was Wookie Ambassador or something. Half the class ended up changing it anyway.

16. BloodyFingers

I had a dream tonight about a lot of random things. I can't remember them all, but one thing stuck with me.

It was a game that played much like the classic Legend of Zelda, but it was much, MUCH bleaker. The art style reminded me a bit of Don't Starve but more depressing. You could customize your character's stats, but the first part of the game you assumed control of your brother. You start at your familiy house, where you, your brother and your mother or grandmother lived. Your father was dead and you two had to scrape by while the old hag kept abusing them both physically and mentally (told you it was bleak). At one point the younger brother (the character you create at the beginning) left and your caretaker dragged a chest and a few other belongings of the deceased father, intent on selling what she could. After the older sibling protested against doing away with his father's mementos, the old lady demanded the key to the chest between smacks and cusses. During that scene, a short blade had fallen from atop the pile of stuff she brought. Now here's where things get interesting.

Apparently the end of this violent chapter was an open one. I had a few choices to make.

1 - Grab the fallen sword and exact revenge for all the years of torture she inflicted. I don't know what would happen then as I chose not to do that. But I suspect it will be like the one I shall detail later.

2 - Ignore her orders and walk away from home. I tried that one, and just as he was crossing the door, the younger brother arrives just in time to see his brother being impaled by a sword. Yes, the kid gets killed for disobeying his caretaker. Then you start the game with the younger brother fleeing home.

3 - Obey your caretaker and grab the key to the chest. You then discover a powerful greatsword inside. That opens a couple of other choices:

3.1 - give the larger sword to her. The caretaker will sell the things and get a pretty penny for it. She will boot both kids out of her house as she has no further use for them. You start the game outside of the house, unable to ever get inside it again.

3.2 - keep the sword. She will be furious about it, and like option two, she will charge at you with the second blade. If you let her kill him, then option two happens. But armed with the greatsword, you can fight back and cleave her in two right in the middle. If you choose to do that, as I tried, the younger brother sees the scene and, unable to grasp the situation, flies into a rage and attacks you too. I guess you could let the older brother get killed in this instance too. But he is still armed with a powerful weapon. You do have the option of commiting fraticide. If so, after murdering the rest of his family, he will leave his home while muttering "again, and again, and again..." Every once in a while after you kill an enemy. Oh yes, if you do the fraticide, you get to play as the older brother instead, armed with his father's powerful greatsword. But strong beasts will be waiting you from your doorstep onwards to compensate for that.

Did that sound weird to you? Well, it sounded more like eff'd up to me. But here's the interesting and weird fact: That is a game I heard about before. At least I think I did. I had the feeling after waking up that I had a dream about a game that a friend described to me. Now, before you head out to steam to google it, I don't know its name and I'm not even sure right now whether he actually did, or if that was part of the dream too. I'll ask him about it later today.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    HueHuey and DustyScabbard like this.
  17. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

I had a weird little dream this morning about Star Wars, which I haven't watched in quite some time, save for The Force Awakens. Apparently it was as if all of the characters from the original trilogy were placed in a procedural cop show, with Han and Lando being partners at the precinct, and Darth Vader being their boss. It was pretty odd, as if I was reading someone's AU fic who thought the two ideas would work together well. It became pretty interesting at the end, where Han was branded a criminal for looking into a certain case and had to hide out while Lando fed him information.

Kashmir and BloodyFingers like this.
  18. BloodyFingers

Oh hey, tonight I had a recurrent dream, I think.

I mean, I used to dream a lot about flying. And most of the time it was me piloting a small aircraft that looks like a flying car. I take off from the streets and have to dodge power wires and tunnels in order to climb higher. This time I was in some kind of flying machine like that too. Except instead of landing entirely, it sort of dettached part of itself as a motorcycle and dropped me on the ground, just like The Batmobile in The Dark Knight movie.

19. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I dreamed that the next update for Mental Omega (a C&C: Red Alert 2 mod) was released. I started playing as the new faction, the Foehn Revolt, which for some reason took place in first-person at times (which is impossible considering the engine in question). I was able to train some of their proper units, like Knightframes and Lancers, but strangely their base defenses consisted of Red Alert 1-era pillboxes and gun turrets. I had a lot of difficulty placing defenses too, because of the perspective.

20. nomad ninga

nomad ninga Star Wrangler

one time I became lucid and i was like 'oh shit im lucid quick fly' or something like that so i jumped of a cliff and then i was like 'oh shit im falling' then i teleported up to to the top of the cliff. after a few minutes i figured out that flying in a dream is more like controlling the strength of the gravity