RELEASED Farm Expansion 3.3

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Advize, Mar 19, 2016.

1. SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

From the other thread:

I don't think there will be an update to this until the new API is out.

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

I don't need an update, just want to use the old one, anyone know how i'll be able to do that?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am afraid that Advize is currently not planning to continue to support this mod, so the chance of there being a 1.1 update is small.

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Yeah but I just want the extra space in my farm, really doesn't have to be updated or anything, im more than happy to play with the old map.

Entoaorx, you're so good at this. Is there any way I can make advize map to work again?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No easy way I can think of, especially since EntoFramework prevents the SerializerUtils mod it depends upon from working, so you'd not only have to update the mod for 1.1, you would also have to switch the serializer dependency over to EntoFramework.

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

how about without using EntoFramework, can it be implemented into the regular TSE file for the new SMAPI that might stack with the new update.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Only if you are not also using the framework, because multiple serializer overrides cannot be done.

• i have issue as well
                  will u update it for the 1.1 version

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Starting to run out of space to farm. I really need this in my life right now. T_T

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

This is a little sad.. I was really hoping to use this mod!

Are there any other mods that do something similar?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Not as it stands, since Advize had to do quite a lot of black hackery (yes, that is a word now) to get this working at all.

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

Haha, and yeah I was reading up on some of the modding stuff and it makes sense..

I hope someone will take a little interest in this and update it at least until FarmHand is done.. I would totally do it myself but honestly I'd have no idea what I'm doing and probably end up fracturing space time.. :wut:

• Baconfry

Baconfry Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to use this expansion but the SMAPI Serializer Replacement Utility is not supported and outdated. Are there other ways to use this expansion?

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I believe an update is in the works that will make things much easier! Keep an eye out for it, Baconfry.

Baconfry likes this.
                              • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

You asked at a good time! I recently rewrote the mod from scratch and it no longer requires the Serializer Replacement Utility. The only dependency it has now is SMAPI 1.15 or later. Also, this version will not affect your save file so you can disable and re-enable the mod at any time. Download is attached, simply unzip the contents into the mods folder within your game directory like any other SMAPI mod.

Attached Files:

Baconfry and HopeWasHere like this.
                                • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Farm Expansion 3.0 has now been formally released. Updated for SDV 1.2.33 & SMAPI 1.15. Mod has been re-written from the ground up, no longer depends on the serializer replacer utility. Save files no longer contain any mod data and will not be corrupted by this mod (You can uninstall at any time!) See mod description for details or visit the nexus page.

Download Farm Expansion 3.0 on the Nexus

• Yukyy

Yukyy Void-Bound Voyager

I tried your 3.0 version of the mod today with a new save, using the forest farm. The game crashed right after going to sleep when the intro was finished. The error log i got, is added to this post, hope that helps.

Attached Files:

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

This is an issue caused by SMAPI 2.0 when starting a new game. It has been fixed for SMAPI 2.1 which I believe is releasing next week some time.

See SMAPI issue 374: https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/issues/374

• Yukyy

Yukyy Void-Bound Voyager

Oh that's good to know! Since the game properly saved anyway and i could just continue from the crash point as usual, it didn't cause any more problems, but i was on my toes for crashes the whole time. xD Thanks for the reply!

• Yukyy

Yukyy Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for the double post, but i couldn't find anything at the nexus page regarding this, so i thought i'll bring it to attention here, in case it doesn't have to do with the SMAPI issue:

I built and upgraded the barn on the expansion. It seems to function like intended, with one exception: Robin is still in the corner where she would be while expanding the barn. SMAPI doesn't give me an error log, until i approach that corner and you can't interact with her, since she technically shouldn't be there i guess.

https://gyazo.com/f32eca6c902c04eba8909a2fcab0197d

Attached Files: