RELEASED NPC Map Locations Mod 2.2.2

Shows NPC locations on map. Uses a more accurate map page for more accurate tracking!

Tags:
  1. Shychara

Shychara Void-Bound Voyager

It is possible to add any other language in your mod?

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

• Peyelle

Peyelle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Didn't see my problem posted on the nexus-- but whenever i zoom out at all (i feel like the game is...waay to zoomed in at 100%, lol) The mod doesn't appear to work? no one shows up on the minimap. if i zoom back to 100% it works fine. is this some weird issue on my end, or does this happen to everyone..?

• rfields99

rfields99 Big Damn Hero

I think is what you wanted. :)

Attached Files:

• rfields99

rfields99 Big Damn Hero

Problem solved! I don't know why but when i deleted the mod using my mod manager and then manually installed it again it worked! I don't know why it didn't work when I manually uninstalled it.

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Depends, how does the translation patch? If you give me a link, I can take a look and see if I can do anything to make my mod more accessible for translations.

Glad you fixed it! Sorry I couldn't get to you earlier.

Try updating SMAPI. SMAPI had 2 updates since 0.40.1.1 was released (right now it's at 0.40.1.1-3)
            https://github.com/cjsu/SMAPI/releases/tag/0.40.1.1

• Peyelle

Peyelle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah! I hadn't realized there was another update to SMAPI. That fixed everything :p

• Shychara

Shychara Void-Bound Voyager

What kind of patch is it? Do not really understand.

You can do the translation inside a dll, and the field "language" in config. To be able to select a language. It would be convenient. And I in turn will do the translation in my language.
                Must be some way to combine it all?

I am not qualified in this field. Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
                • Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Hmm, I don't exactly know how to do this yet, but I'll do some research and see what I can do.

----------

After some research, all I can say is that it doesn't seem to be that simple with SMAPI mods. It might be a lot easier in the future if we switch to using Farmhand.
                  However, there are a lot of translation projects out there for translating the game. The ones I've seen use a tool they created to make a patched/modified version of the game. If you find a translation project relevant to you, you may also be able to find translated mods.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
                  • Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

v1.4 Update
                    ------------------------------------------
                    New feature:
                    If enabled, mark NPC with active daily quests (from the Bulletin Board) or on their birthdays.

NPCs with active quests will have a ! icon and NPCs with birthdays will have a Gift Box icon on the top-right corner of their map markers.
                    Quest marks will disappear after completing the quest or after it expires and Birthday marks will disappear when the NPC is gifted or the birthday passes.
                    Marked NPCs will also always be at the top if they are in the same location as other NPCs.

6.png

Menu changes:
                    Extra NPCs is now Extra Settings and includes the new feature, an option to show the traveling merchant, option to show any custom NPCs (only shows up on menu if installed).

Include/Exclude NPCs now has options for Sandy, Marlon, and Wizard. These will only show up after Calico Desert, Adventure Guild, and Wizard Mail after the CC event have been discovered, respectively. These options are mainly for any mods that add schedules to these NPCs (ex. marriage mod). Wizard is shown by default since he is a quest giver.

Minor changes/fixes:
                    - Name tooltip now stacks names in new lines instead of being one long string when there are a lot of NPCs in a location
                    - Fixed issues in mod menu where clicks weren't being recieved properly for checkboxes/slider
                    - Few tweaks to map

Custom NPC Compatibility:
                    Custom NPCs with schedules (having their own schedule files) will now show up on the map and on the mod menu. Note that installing custom NPCs requires modification of save files, so they will only show up for save files that have been modified to include the custom NPCs. Even if the mod supports up to 5 custom NPCs, you can probably only reliably use one at a time due to the fact that they modify the same files, unless you can merge them correctly.

Once the mod detects that a custom NPC has been properly installed, the custom NPC will automatically be included in the config.json file under customNPCs: { }. For example, for Florence it will look like:
                    Code:
                    "customNPCs": {
                        "Florence": {
                            "id": 1,
                            "crop": 0,
                            "Bouhm_135372711": 1
                        }
                    }

You can change how the custom NPC's head is cropped to show up on the map by changing the number for "crop": 0. Setting it to 3 will move the NPC sprite 3 pixels, setting it to -3 will move the NPC sprite down by 3 pixels. It is set to 0 by default and will probably only need to be tweaked for custom NPC sprites that are particularly tall or short.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
                    • Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

With official Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and possibly Thai translations of Stardew Valley planned this month, I am looking to add translations to this mod. Please PM me or email me at bbouhm@gmail.com if you know any of these languages and are interested in helping out. Thanks!

The translations do not have to be direct/literal word-for-word translations; feel free to phrase it however you see fit based on what the settings actually do. It just has to be concise and intuitive.

Text: http://pastebin.com/r35MwgCx

-----------------

Translations Needed:
                      Japanese, Russian, Spanish, German, Thai

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
                      • Littlegal2016

Littlegal2016 Big Damn Hero

Hello, I just first want to say that this is a really useful mod and it helped me in preventing lots of headaches when trying to hunt a person in the game. Although I can't help but notice that this mod does not work if the map is zoomed out, unfortunately. I wonder, if that is really the case or if it's a bug? Thank You in advance.

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Hi, do you have the lastest SMAPI (0.40.11-3 from https://github.com/cjsu/SMAPI/releases/tag/0.40.1.1 )?

If you already have the latest SMAPI, can you let me know the following:

- Error Logs from SMAPI Console (if any)
                          %appdata%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs\MODDED_ProgramLog.Log_LATEST

- Other mods/tools you are using (if any)
                          Any other SMAPI mods, custom NPC mods, and mod download managers (like SDVMM)

Thanks!

• Littlegal2016

Littlegal2016 Big Damn Hero

I did not realise there was an updated version for smapi 40.1.1. Thank you so much that helped the issue with the mod.

• ZephyrWindSpirit

ZephyrWindSpirit Void-Bound Voyager

Does this mod work with the mac beta of Smapi?

• TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

Getting this error:
                                Code:
                                [07:24:23.527 AM] An exception occured in XNA UpdateTick: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                                   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                                   at NPCMapLocations.MapModMain.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                   at StardewModdingAPI.Events.GameEvents.InvokeUpdateTick() in Z:\Projects\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Events\Game.cs:line 80
                                That's the last occurrence of the error, but it happened repeatedly for near 3 hours while I played.

Attached Files:

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Just to make sure, are you using the lastest versions of the SMAPI and the mod? (0.40.1.1-3 and 1.41)
                                  Can you also tell me about any other SMAPI mods, custom NPC mods, and mod download managers (like SDVMM or SilverPlum), if any?
                                  There was someone else who had this problem, then it randomly went away. I've still yet to find what causes it but I'm looking into it. Thanks.

• TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

using SMAPI-0.40.1.1-3 (the most recent stable version), I also use "Chests Anywhere" and "Lookup Anything", by Pathoschild, as well as my own mod for my Greenhouse. I don't use any Custom NPC mods, or download managers.

Update Edit: It happened again today, and this time I noticed something - it was generating the error constantly over and over again, while I was in the Pause screen(from pressing E or Esc).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
                                    • ShinSpark

ShinSpark Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am also seeing that error. I have the latest version of smapi and npc map locations.
                                      It only occurs when I load a character experiencing a midsummer thunderstorm and the game crashes to black if I try opening the map. My other save games do not do this.

I have been playing for quite some time and not seen this, I believe it may be related to the weather.

Code:
                                      [01:04:29.140 PM] An exception occured in XNA UpdateTick: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                                         at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                                         at NPCMapLocations.MapModMain.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                         at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                         at StardewModdingAPI.Events.GameEvents.InvokeUpdateTick() in Z:\Projects\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Events\Game.cs:line 80

After removing V1.41 of npc map locations from my modlist the error goes away.
                                      (The other mods I have are happy animals and experience bars)

Would an upload of the savefile the issue is occurring in help?

edit : save file attached

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
                                      • raptorbacon

raptorbacon Intergalactic Tourist

Is this mod only for Windows or is it compatible with Linux too?