1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED BYOS 1.3

Build Your Own Ship

1. ElementalCyclone

ElementalCyclone Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, okay, thank you for that hint, didn't realize that such issue exist. Guess i have to start over again

2. IceCutlass

IceCutlass Void-Bound Voyager

hey amber. do you know anyway yo get rid of the stock locker... the one that you cant remove?

3. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

I loooove this mod, I can finally build without all that nasty stuff on the ship. I also love how the engines have unique descriptions and (strangely) collision. It's weird that the object have unique icons. I have to say, the hylotl fuel station has the most weirdest item sprite ever, it's not even close to the other races. Anyway, I have noticed a few problems I see with the mod in my experience and my workarounds:

-This is a visual artifact of the .shipworld, but simply deleting the shipworlds associated with that character loads it up fine (as long as you put your stuff away beforehand!), when this happens, most blocks and stuff from that world "merges" with the newly generated shipworld.

The locker cannot be removed:
    -Same as above. Delete file, and blah blah

You fall and die at the bottom of the shipworld:
    -Ugh, I hate this. Never really like how the bottom isnt solid, a simple fix for that would be to program the last 2 bottom rows to be solid (2 layers since only 1 layer just makes it a instant death plane.) The biggest pain is the crew, it works fine, until they fall off.....then they just sit on the bottom of the map never moving, unless they're following you, then the tp mechanic kicks in. Only fix I know of is to get close to them and tell 'em to follow you and them move them away. Or you know, kick 'em off the ship. Or if your character is on casual/easy mode, jump and time your activate key and talk to the crew as you fall out of the world.

Crashes:
    Never place more than 1 SAIL console at a time, especially if it's the same race, or you get
    disconnected from the map.

EDIT:
    If a friend without the mod comes to my custom ship, will it be perfectly fine?

(Sheesh, this forum really hates scaling multiple sized fonts, it even scaled the wrong word! I didn't make "disconnected" big, it that on it's own instead of "crashes")

4. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

unfortunatly, the very first time your ship gets loaded (without my mod installed), it sets an irremovable flag on the shiplocker, to make it persistant. the way to fix it is to install the mod, delete your shipworld and start the game. make sure you emptied it out first.

This is not something thats fixable, without the base code being changed (which only chucklefish can)

5. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

yes, other people dont have to have the mod installed to visit the ship! it uses only vanilla resources, so it works without it. they wont be able to do the quest though.

6. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

Nice! I can show my friends my custom ship and have them be jealous! :nurunaughty:

7. Reddeagle

Reddeagle Void-Bound Voyager

i did the quest and now my game just loads, i cant acually go to my ship, which is a problem when i spawn there

8. IceCutlass

IceCutlass Void-Bound Voyager

*sigh* is there a mod that removes it? if not then never mind. thank you

9. AnimeOverlord

AnimeOverlord Void-Bound Voyager

After I upgraded my ship with the quest and beaming up, the character gets stuck on an infinite loading screen, tried restarting and reloading and the same happens everytime, I am aware that this error was supposedly "fixed" in an update, but for me it still loads infinitely. I don't know what to do.

10. Ace1362

Ace1362 Void-Bound Voyager

same as above

11. Lancelot.Main

Lancelot.Main Space Hobo

Hello I just have a suggestion for you to add to the post. Please add a full explanation of crew members and BYOS. Thank you!

Great addition

12. MajesticBBQ

MajesticBBQ Big Damn Hero

Hello, just want to give some feedback on an issue I've been having. I had recently got this in frackin to play some modded starbound with pals and new characters. they didn't decide to BYOS (their loss ;)), but I did. when I got the FTL drive and the thrusters on my ship it still had navigation offline. Which I was playing with a nova-kid, so it should work, so I made another guy who was human and hurried to test him...Same problem. I checked yes it is latest version, I have no other ship mods(maybe frackin), and I really haven't done much to my ship, I'll embed some pictures of my ship that is everything I have on it.
    Two more things.
    1. how do I rotate the thrusters to fit on the walls? I can only get them to stick to the bottom or top.
    2. is there a large thruster? that might be what I'm missing, because all I see is small
    ship 1.png ship 2.png
    Pastebin link:
    https://pastebin.com/wFfeZ7KS

13. MajesticBBQ

MajesticBBQ Big Damn Hero

well yeah... it asks if you want byos or normal before you even reach the ark

14. SyntaxError73

SyntaxError73 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is it possible to... Export a ship you made with BYOS? the reason I ask is because I am currently making a race mod that would look better using a custom ship.
    I am not very good at editing image and text files.

15. ShamelessFurry

ShamelessFurry Intergalactic Tourist

How do I expand the crew members for my ship